Tuesday, 17 November 2015

50 post ideas for when you have blogger's block.

Us bloggers are multi-taskers. We run our own blogs and post as many times a week as we can, we work or study full time, we have social lives, family commitments and other hobbies, and we try and participate on social media and chat to our fellow blogging buddies. All of this can sometimes mean that when it comes to finally having a spare hour to sit down and draft up some new posts that we're lost and have no clue where to start. 
Source: We Heart It
As a lot of you know I'm currently juggling studying a full-time masters with blogging and I have had a serious case of blogger's block lately. I sit down when I have a spare hour on a Sunday morning with plans to write up as many posts as possible and my usually over-running brain is just empty. No thought swirling around my head, no ideas jumping out of my brain. I'm sure you guys have experienced this in the past, so for today's post I thought I would share 50 Post Ideas for when you have blogger's block. This way I can look back on this post when I'm really struggling for inspiration.

1. Wishlist (both beauty and fashion!)
2. Favourite bloggers
3. Favourite Instagram accounts
4. Current favourite beauty products
5. An OOTD
6. Five things that make you happy
7. Talk about a hobby you love
8. A tag post
9. A tour of your bedroom
10. Photography tips and tricks
11. Reasons why you love blogging
12. Hallowe'en/Christmas/Easter themed posts
13. Your everyday makeup routine
14. Your current music playlist
15. Favourite YouTubers
16. Introduce us to your pets
17. A holiday-themed OOTD (eg. Hallowe'en costume, Christmas party outfit)
18. Your everyday hair routine
19. A day in the life of you
20. A recipe post for your readers to try
21. Your style inspirations
22. High street trends you're loving
23. Five things that you're grateful for
24. A book review
25. Photography post filled with pretty photos you've taken
26. The ultimate pamper night
27. A lazy Sunday post
28. A weekly round-up with lots of Instagram photos
29. Write a post about something you're passionate about
30. Top tips for saving money 
31. Your favourite ways to de-stress
32. A beauty product review
33. Your favourite healthy foods
34. Childhood memories
35. A letter to your younger self
36. Goals for the month ahead
37. Places you've visited and why you loved them
38. A film review
39. Five countries you'd love to visit
40. A look back at your blogging journey
41. People and/or bloggers that inspire you
42. Interview another blogger and discuss their blogging inspirations
43. Five things you're grateful for
44. Your fitness regime
45. Reasons why you love autumn/winter/summer/spring
46. A restaurant review
47. What's on your bucket list?
48. A day out lifestyle post
49. Your holy grail makeup products
50. Your very own 50 post ideas for when you have blogger's block!

Do you have any more ideas?
How do you combat blogger's block?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

49 comments:

  1. These are such great ideas, thank you for sharing!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to bookmark this post!! I'm trying my hardest to get back into the swing of my blog, I miss taking photos and writing posts but my little brain can't think of any posts at the moment. May be stealing a few of these.
    You're a gem, thanks for sharing!!

    Sarah xo || See The Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks girly! I am the same - I have no time to post and when I do I can't think of anything, so gonna be working my way through this list haha. xx

      Delete
  3. Great list. Sometime I go through periods where finding a topic to write about isn't tough, but being motivated to write it IS.

    Sometimes, I would have done way too much research or have too much to say on a topic, I can't seem to form an intelligible blog post. It's even worse when I'm tired.

    I call it "blogger's block" :P.

    – Lubna | The Digital Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks love! :) I go through these stages too! I think everyone does from time to time xx

      Delete
  4. Very good list! I used to get so stuck on what to write, always looked for a article like this to help me think haha, right on!

    Joey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joey! :D Glad this can be of help!

      Delete
  5. I loved this Jessie! I've really been struggling with bloggers block at the moment, so I'll definitely be coming back to this for some ideas. I think number 40 would be really fun to do, and funny to look back at my photography haha! So that might be happening soon ;)

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay - thank you so much! Ooh you'll have to let me know if you do decide to write up a post. I'd love to read it haha xx

      Delete
  6. Such a great list, thank you :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine you having blogger's block for some reason, you always have varied fun content! I always do wishlists when in doubt! Fab list - must get blogging! :)

    kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much hun, that's really made my day! I always go for a wishlist too haha xx

      Delete
  8. Fab list girl! I love posts like this to come back to if I'm having a bit of a dry-patch haha!

    Robyn / Phases Of Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely : ) i'll be returning to it too haha! xx

      Delete
  9. I love these ideas! Thanks for sharing :)

    Jen | Jennifer's Journal x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen : ) glad you liked them! xx

      Delete
  10. Extremely helpful post, thank you! I'll be saving this for sure... blogger's block can be a right pain sometimes. x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Kathryn! : ) I hate blogger's block too haha xx

      Delete
  11. This is such a helpful post, so many great ideas! Think I'll need to be referring back to this a lot!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katya! : ) I'll be referring back to it too! xx

      Delete
  12. Hi love, how are you?
    Great post as usual, love it.
    Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Hope to see you enter my giveaway!
    http://its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk/
    IG: its.dominica.s
    Have a lovely week kisses! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a helpful post, I either have a tone of ideas or have writers block haha! I'm definitely going to be referring to this in January when all the Christmas inspired posts are out the window xxx
    https://jodie-melissa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I am definitely the same! Thank you Jodie : ) glad it can help! xx

      Delete
  14. Amazing post! You have a wonderful blog:)
    What about following each other on Instagram, Bloglovin, Twitter?..

    www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely bookmarked this page for when any blogging lull's happen. I used to struggle a lot with ideas (now my mind is constantly buzzing with them and I don't have enough time to post them all) but this is so, so useful... I love Day out lifestyle posts, always my fave!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle :) I wish I was in that situation haha, but I'm hoping this list will help me too! Day out lifestyle posts are my fave too, I love reading and writing them xx

      Delete
  16. LOVE posts like these, so useful :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. bookmarking this post for future writer's block. I hate it when i get writer's block and can't think of a post to write. Thank you! :)

    www.blushingkay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're welcome : ) Thank you for reading! xx

      Delete
  18. Love these! Especially your favourite bloggers, its great to find other great blogs through ones you already love! xx

    www.bethgargett.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for posting this, I have recently discovered you and I love your blog! You are a new favourite to add to my daily reading! :)

    http://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for posting this, I have recently discovered you and I love your blog! You are a new favourite to add to my daily reading! :)

    http://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy/

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS