Thursday, 26 November 2015

Boohoo Look Book | Black Friday.*

Are you all ready for tomorrow's big shopping event? Yes, that's right - it's Black Friday and the Christmas shoppers will be out in full force. I'm actually in university all day tomorrow working on our mini magazines and end of term features, but I'll definitely be scouring the web for the best deals, especially as I'm yet to buy a single Christmas present. And I'll be sure to treat myself to a little something, of course. I mean, what's a shopping spree if you have nothing to show (for yourself) for it? ;) 

For me, there's also another Black Friday I'm really excited about. That's the last Friday before Christmas and I'm heading out with my friends for a boogie and some drinks to get into the festive spirit! Thankfully, I've got an all black everythaaang outfit from the lovely ladies at Boohoo.com* so I'm ready to throw some crazy shapes on the dance floor!

LBD's are definitely my favourite dress style - they're easy to wear, they go with pretty much everything and they're ideal for a Christmas party! The Elodie Velvet Glitter High Neck Dress* I particularly love because it has three things - a high neckline, a bodycon fit and a festive sparkle. 

The dress has a luxury velvet feel and when slipped on it fits like a glove. It's such a comfy dress and has a bit of a stretch too so you can easily move around and more importantly breathe. Ever worn an outfit for a night out where you squeeze yourself in and live on insufficient oxygen levels for the rest of the evening? Yep, none of that here!
I also love the high neckline of the dress. The turtle-neck is one of my absolute favourite trends right now, and as my top half is completely covered, it means I can show off a bit of leg without feeling too exposed. Plus, the glittery finish is perfect for this time of year and gives it a different edge. I really love it!

As the dress is quite bold I opted for a slightly understated shoe, and went for these gorgeous Maisie Cage Ghillie Laced Heels*. I've been obsessed with this shoe style ever since I spotted my fave fashion blogger, Sarah Ashcroft, rocking a pair of lace ups over on her Instagram and now I finally have my hands on some. They have a heel which is not too high and I like how they tie above the ankle, but I think I'll have to do some breaking in with these first to ensure they don't blister. Nevertheless, I absolutely love them and am so excited to wear them over the Christmas party season!

Are you looking forward to the Christmas festivities?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

* Both the dress and shoes in this 
post were gifted by Boohoo.com

23 comments:

  1. Girl that dress suits you down to the ground!! Love it!!

    Robyn / Phases Of Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit, I love it!

    I have a new outfit post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    * P.S. you can get 15% off any watch from Daniel Wellington with the code: ‘DWelectricsunrise’. Go on, treat yo self. *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! I'll be sure to check out your outfit post xx

      Delete
  3. Loving the print of that dress - so unusual, and it is high neck and velvet - where can you go wrong?x

    electraviolet.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW YOU LOOK STUNNING! hot mama! ;-) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! : ) Love your look book too! xx

      Delete
  5. Love this look - your hair is so lovely too :)

    sophee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is stunning on you! I wish I could carry off a dress like this :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Rosy! I'm sure you would look gorge in this dress xx

      Delete
  7. You look stunning! This dress is perfect on you :)

    Check out my bog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tamara! I'll be sure to check out your blog : ) xx

      Delete
  8. I love Boohoo.com! Your dress and shoes are gorgeous. : ) xxxx

    ♥ Carly's Beauty Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit is gorgeous girrrrl, look at you! The dress is incredible, perfect for the festive season. xx

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look stunning! Boohoo have such nice things in atm :) xx
    www.gabriellaloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabriella - I definitely agree! xx

      Delete
  11. WOW!! Fabulous dress!! It looks incredible on you!! You look so beautiful and you have the prettiest blue eyes and amazing legs!! Very nice!! :)

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS