Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Christmas Country Living with House of Fraser*

Eeeeek! Can you believe it's December next week and that means Christmas is just around the corner! One thing I love about Christmas is how everything is so sparkly and pretty. My mum always does an amazing job of decorating our house. She puts up lots of lights and candles and the tree is always tastefully decorated with pretty gold baubles and twinkling fairy lights. 

It's a strange thought that in the next few years I will (probably) have my own house to decorate - such a weird thought! - so when the House of Fraser got in touch to make my own Christmas Country Living mood board I jumped at the chance. Home decor is my guilty pleasure!

1 - Linea Copper Leaf Tray - I love this leaf tray! It's so unique and detailed and I think it would look lovely placed on a coffee table (and filled with heaps of chocolates at this time of year!). It also would give the room a really countryside feel.

2 - Living By Christiane Lemieux Metal Lanterns - how gorgeous are these lanterns? Placed by a fireplace or on a wooden dresser with chunky candles placed inside they are absolutely perfect for this time of year!

3 - Linea Chester Stand Chair - no country living room is complete without a cosy arm chair placed by an open fire. Sofas and armchairs, adorned with snuggly cushions and fleecy throws, are a great way to inject a little colour into a room and I really love the deep red shade of this stand chair.

4 - Linea Brown Faux Fur Throw - as the weather gets colder a warm throw is a must-have. I love snuggly blankets and this one is pure luxury. It has quite a steep price tag, but the deep brown shade adds a little warmth and texture to the room.

5 - 'Cosy by the fire' Yankee Candle - ooooh how I love a sweet-smelling Yankee candle! Infused with ginger, clove and orange and combined with woody notes, this candle would fill the room with the scent of the countryside. The ginger and orange combination also brings a little festive cheer.

6 - Linea Wire Decorations - countryside homes need a little animal decor and I love the understated look of these wire decorations. The reindeer is also very Christmassy so perfect for this time of year, and I love the pheasant too. It's a bird that really reflects the British countryside in my opinion.

7 - Linea Wooden Star Battery Lights - whether these are draped over the Christmas tree or fixed around the window they will certainly add a little Christmas sparkle!

8 - Linea Hoxton Walnut Bedside Table - admittedly this is a bedside table, but it would look so nice in a cosy living room with a large lamp placed on top to give the room a cosy glow. I love the innovative circular shape and the deep brown finish, which really fits in with the brown and copper colour theme I've gone for. 

9 - Linea Red Berry and Pine Garland - a Christmas decoration that you could possibly feature the whole year round. This garland would look great placed along the top of a fire place or even above a door frame. They add a feminine touch to the deeper brown and gold shades in the mood board.

10 - Linea 6ft Pre Lit Saltzburg Tree - and now for the best bit, the Christmas tree! I love that this tree has a built-in light theme so there's no need to get tangled in reels of fairy lights and it's also very natural-looking to really complete the countryside style. I can just imaging cuddling up to watch a Christmas film with the family and this tree sparkling in the background.

It's safe to say that House of Fraser have some gorgeous pieces of homeware to really make a house a home. As I'm sure you can tell from my gushy tone throughout this post, I really love how a few accessories can make a room so warm and homely. Check out the huge range of Christmas trees and the other pretty decorations to help your house resemble Santa's Grotto this festive season.

What's your dream Christmas theme?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

*This is a sponsored post, but all items
were chose and content written by myself.

9 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to move into my first own flat within the next 12 months, too, and the thought of decorating my own flat is getting me really excited to be honest. I love Christmas decorations - everything is so cosy and twinkly! :D

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited too! : ) Thank you Lisa xx

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I'm trying to convince myself I need that copper leaf tray. Cosy by the fire is gorgeous this time of year, it's such a warm, homely festive scent - I love it! The past few years I've gone for this sort of Christmas theme but this year I've just moved into a shared house. I think the theme for my room with be 'minimal Christmas chic'. I'm not entirely convinced I know how to execute it but I'll give it a go haha..

    ox Lucy // theonewithlucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty isn't it? :) Haha I'm living in a shared house too but will be home for a month over Christmas and I'm really excited. Minimal Christmas chic sounds fab ;) let me know how it goes! xx

      Delete
  3. I love love love Christmas decor and decorating everything to look all festive! Everything you've chosen is gorgeous, especially the star lights :) I have a feeling I'll be drawn to anything wooden or copper toned this Christmas! Xx

    A Blonde Moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh me too! : ) Thank you hun - I love the star lights! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm so so excited to have my own house and be able to decorate it myself! These are such lovely choices, really love the linear wire decorations!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, I especially love those lanterns and I am addicted to candles so the 'cosy by the fire' candle sounds exactly my sort of thing! Thanks for sharing :)

    Great post, I really enjoyed reading this!

    Best Wishes,

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS