Saturday, 21 November 2015

Insta Style #8 | Top Knots and Knee High Boots.

Yay! I finally found myself a pair of knee high boots which are not only super comfy and warm, but didn't cost me half of my bank balance too! I've wanted knee high/over the knee boots for quite some time. I think they look amazing, but I was a little too nervous to rock the over the knee highs that I love so much. I searched high and low and finally found these beauties from New Look. I've been wearing them pretty much every day since!

High Neck Top - New Look | Dress - Miss Selfridge {last season} | Boots - New Look

A key look for me this A/W is the high neck top with chunky boots. I changed it up a little this week by wearing a floral dress over the top, instead of the usual A-Line skirt and I really liked the finished look. I love this dress because it's so easy to wear and so comfortable. You tie it in the middle and it pulls the dress in to accentuate curves.

I also did something a little different from my usual hair style and shoved my hair into a top knot bun. I always wear my hair down or curly and it was one of those days where I really cab, so opted for the messy bun. Unfortunately this took about five hundred times longer to do than it would to have worn it down. You want it to be messy, but not too messy ;)

What do you think of this look?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

31 comments:

  1. Love those boots! I get really scared about knee high boots and most of them just look kinda awful to me, but these are subtle and just right! I always buy my shoes from New Look! Love the outfit babe!

    Robyn / Phases Of Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robyn : ) I was the same. I wanted high ones but not too high haha. New Look have amazing shoes and really high quality too! xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous outfit, I love the boots! <3

    I have a new outfit post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I love your bun! It's so full of hair - which is a funny thing to say I guess, but my hair is so short my buns resemble golf balls more than anything :P I love the knee-high boots, I have to get myself a black pair!

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! It's a bit messy to be honest haha, but thank you : ) xx

      Delete
  4. Oh my god you look fabulous in that outfit. Really digging the boots!! And I wish I would be able to pull off the top knot as good as you.

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I'm sure you could rock it! xx

      Delete
  5. You look great! I love New Look for shoes - they have so many great ones and their prices are so reasonable! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate : ) me too! And great quality too xx

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty dress and paired with them boots, you look gorge. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like those boots, it's so hard to find a pair that aren't too expensive but don't look cheap either! I know what you mean about the messy bun, I'm rarely able to get it "just right", but it looks so good on you, especially with your curly hair!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angelina : ) I'm totally the same! My hair is actually naturally straight haha, but I think it's easier to bun when I have curled it the day before xx

      Delete
  8. Everything about this outfit is spot on. Loving the high bun and boots on you lady. The dress is so pretty too!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Elle! :) that's a lovely comment so thank you xx

      Delete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous - love the whole look, it's beautiful! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to pair floral dresses with black tights and boots. It's so cute! xx

    Ally | www.glamoclock.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look absolutely amazing! Love those boots! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking outfit!! You look fabulous and you have amazing legs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This look is AMAZING, i really need to start layering dresses because it looks so much more stylish than the usual skirt and roll neck combo

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS