Friday, 13 November 2015

Lush Cardiff's Christmas Blogger Event.

Christmas is well and truly on the way, and I'm getting rather excited. Normally I'm one of those people who doesn't get into the Christmas spirit until at least December 1st, but I'm really feeling quite festive this year, and this was greatly emphasised by the fact that I attend a Lush Christmas Event at their Cardiff store a few days ago. 

If you're a beauty blogger and you're yet to attend a Lush blogging event then I urge you to go. They are the best blogging events. You get pampered, you get to try out all of the products, the Lush ladies are so friendly and there's absolutely no pressure. Ever been to a blogging event where they pretty much tell you how to write up a post about it? Nothing like that from Lush. It's a fun, yet relaxed, atmosphere, you get to meet up with fellow blogging buddies and you get to learn about the products in a lot more detail.

So many pretty bath bombs, bubble bars and oils, and with amazing smells too.

I met up with the Rebecca and Katie before heading into the event and the first thing we did was head straight to the bath section to take in all of the scents and beautiful Christmassy products. There are so many to choose from - with bath bombs to fizz up your bath tub, bubble bars filled with flavour and bath oils to leave your skin feeling silky smooth. 

Lush products are always so pretty and so well thought out. Seriously, whoever is behind the fabulous range of Christmas products this year - I salute you! They're so cute that in most cases I almost don't want to use them because they're too pretty. There are so many different colours and flavours and products ranging from bath and body, to shower gels and even Santa's Belly Jelly. Honestly, there's something for everyone this year and that's what I love about the whole range! Everyone has been thought about.


In my opinion one of the best looking products are the Holly Golightly Christmas style bubble bar (pictured above). Coated in glitter, with a pretty holly sprig on top, Holly Golightly has a gorgeous festive scent thanks to the mix of Cinnamon Leaf and Sweet Orange oils. You swish this in your bath water, or hold it under a running tap, and you're guaranteed a bubble bath with a difference!


Another product favourite of mine was Razzle Dazzle. These are tiny pink balls of goodness which you throw into the bath to create a luxury bath oil. Unlike bath bombs these don't fizz or whizz around the tub; instead they slowly disintegrate letting your skin slowly soak up the oils and leaving your skin feeling supple and smooth. Great for an indulgent bath time after a hard day of Christmas shopping. 



Next I tried out the prettiest product in the shop, IMO, the Magic Wand. It's like a giant fairy wand - pink and glittery and complete with a silver bow and twinkling bell - what more could you ask for? This item is vegan and has an amazing candy scent so you're left feeling sweet! It's actually a reusable bubble bar. Swish this around the bath tub and once you have a sufficient amount of bubbles you can leave the wand to harden and use it again for your next bath time! 


As you can see from the photo of Aimee above (the lovely lady who showed us around that night) the water turns a fabulous shade of pink. I'll be using the Magic Wand to add a little magic to bath time!
Do you want to build a snowman?
How cute is this little guy? This is actually a buildable Snowman, which you can make in the bath! It's a mouldable bubble bar, soap and solid shampoo so has a multi-purpose and it also makes bath time that little more exciting! Great for a stocking filler or for children to get into the festive spirit.


We carried on looking at all of the festive products. I loved the mix of bright colours and especially the scents. Ranging from soothing Jasmine and Ylang Ylang oils to Rose, Orange and Cinnamon. There are so many scents and innovative products to choose from.

We made our way upstairs passing many bottle of the infamous Snow Fairy on our way. I'm ashamed to say I've never actually tried it!! (*shock horror*) But do not fear as I picked up a bottle and it's in my shower being used as we speak - and yes, I'm a massive fan!

We were also shown one of my favourite festive products of the year, Santa's Belly Jelly. Just look at that ginormous Santa's Belly made out of sweet-smelling jelly! We spent quite a lot of time prodding it and wiggling it with our fingers, which made for hours of fun.


We moved on to skin, body and hand care and all sat down ready for pampering and demos. Aimee gave us all a lovely hand and arm massage and we used a range of products, from scrubs to moisturisers to body conditioners and even dusting powder to give our arms a little sparkle. These were called Fairy Dust and First Snow, and I really loved them. Fairy Dust had a sugary smell and First Snow was infused with sweet lime and orange oils. You poof some out of the bottle onto your arms and then rub in. It's amazing how they change from a powder into a lovely soft consistency and blend into the skin to add a lovely shimmer. 

A personal favourite of mine was the Christingle Body Conditioner. I hate moisturising. I cannot stand being sticky and being slathered in oil and gunk so I never really do it, and I know I should, especially in the winter. This body conditioner can be used in the shower, so you apply, wait a minute for it to sink in and then rinse off. I love the whole idea as it means I can do it in the warmth of my shower and come out feeling silky smooth and not sticky. Christingle has a lovely mint smell and was so refreshing. You could even feel it tingling up your arms! It was a bit steep for me at a price of £16.50 a tub, but I'm hoping Santa will pop it under my tree on Christmas Day.

All in all, what a fabulous night at Lush Cardiff. Thank you to all the girls at Lush for making me feel so welcome and especially to Aimee who showed us around all evening and gave us lovely hand massages and showed us everything we wanted to see. I always love Lush events and am already looking forward to the next one, whenever it may be!

What are your favourite Lush Christmas products?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

14 comments:

  1. It was such a fun event, as I read your post I said "oops" out loud as I totally didn't notice the price on Christingle (which I bought haha), but I really love it, as you said it's so un-sticky it's perfect for applying quickly.

    http://fourcatsplusus.co.uk - Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to meet you Amy :) We'll have to go to another event together soon! Ahh don't worry, think of it as a little treat haha ;) xx

      Delete
  2. I love Holly Go Lightly, and of course Snow Fairy! xx

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I haven't tried it before! xx

      Delete
  3. I could read Lush posts all day .. And I love how you have written yours beautiful !! There is so much detail with a lot of the products and an amazing overview of everything .. Not to mention the pictures are amazing !!! Girlll you have made me want to go to Lush so bad ! I LOVE that Santas belly too! .. I have never been to the Lush bloggers event , but if I ever got the opportunity to go I would not pass it up! I also did a post on the Lush goodies when I went to store a few weeks ago.. I would love if you had a read lovely !
    https://throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com/2015/10/03/lush-goodies-candles/
    Saira xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a lovely comment Saira : ) that's really made my day! Aw I hope you et to go to on soon - they are so much fun! Maybe go into your local Lush and ask? :) I'll definitely check it ou! xx

      Delete
  4. Aww I love Lush products, they are the best :)

    By the way, you can get 15% off any watch from Daniel Wellington with the code 'DWelectricsunrise'. Visit my blog for more information:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great event. I love Lush - Snow Fairy is one of my favourite scents! Definitely stocking up this Christmas!
    Laura x FloraLooTwo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it seems to be a favourite amongst beauty bloggers! xx

      Delete
  6. For some weird reason I've really gone off Lush over the last year or so but I love the sound of Christingle and Razzle Dazzle so I might have to break my self-imposed ban and go back in! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite expensive to be fair, but I do love a lot of their products : ) the Christingle is lovely! xx

      Delete
  7. I have yet to try Lush but that event sure looks great to attend! :)

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you need to try some :D it was really good thank you xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS