Wednesday, 4 November 2015

October 2015 | Finding that work/life balance

November is here and the countdown to Christmas has begun. I'm so excited for all the Christmas markets and getting snuggled up on the sofa to watch a Christmas film with the tree lights twinkling all around me. October was a pretty hectic month if I'm honest, and I'm really looking forward to having a break over the festive period. I've spent a good part of the month stressing out and worrying about university work and finding the time to do everything, but I've also managed to squeeze in lots of fun times too. 

1. Our first official housemate night out
After living together for a few weeks we finally arranged our first night out as a house this month and it was so good. We're all super busy girls, with two of us studying an MA and the other two working full time in really awesome jobs, so finding time to spend all together can be difficult. We drank too many shots, pulled some crazy shapes on the dance floor and just had a really fab night. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful girls by my side.

2. Hard work pays off
As most of you know I am a massive ball of worry and stress most of the time, and this month has really shown that. I've had a few mini breakdowns and have spent a lot of time on the phone to my mum who has been there to step in and give me a pep talk and calm me down, but it's all been worth it as I have been offered two internships at Grazia and Perfect Wedding! I'm absolutely over the moon and can't believe I'be been accepted! To know my hard work is paying off has made me so happy and has made me determined to work even harder. 

3. Beautiful sunsets 
When all the stress gets too much I love taking time out to get outside and I've been really enjoying the beautiful Autumn sunsets this month. When I'm in Cardiff I always miss them as they're blocked by office buildings and houses, so when I'm home for the weekend I love to get out into the countryside to really appreciate the beauty of it.

4. Days out with Dan
Despite having a hectic schedule Dan has been to visit me in Cardiff twice this month and it was so nice to take a break from all the work to spend time with him. He's started a new job so has been working super hard and visiting me in between which was lovely. We spent one of our weekends exploring Cardiff Bay and both times he's treated me to dinner which makes me very happy as my student diet consists of chicken nuggets and bags of frozen rice. Dan also turned 22 this month so we celebrated his birthday with a delicious meal out. All in all it's been a month of eating as much food as we can!

5. Halloween
And finally the month ended with a super freaky Halloween night out with my best friend Hazel. We grew so close in university and after four months apart she came down from Taunton to spend the night together. We both got spooky with lots of face paint and black liner (see the full look here) and then headed out to a house party with some of my course friends. We had a hilarious night and it was so lovely to be reunited with her at last. You know you're always going to be friends when you're apart for months and then meet up and nothing has changed!

How has your month been?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Great pictures lovely. Looks like you had a great October!
    x
    a life of a charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about your internships the other day - huge congratulations Jess!! xx
    Eve - Haiaeve.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such an amazing post! I like it! And already can't wait to see the new one!

    p.s. new post about how I met Victoria Beckham already on my blog

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Massive congratulations girly, you deserve ALL the success! Loving your Halloween look too! I'm glad you share my excitement for Christmas, I'm hoping life gets a little less hectic! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so so much Karen! :D I'm hoping so too - can't wait to relax! xx

      Delete
  5. October was really fun for me because of all the Halloween-y stuff. And I agree, Hard work really does pay off a lot!

    Joyce | Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed October with doing fun Mother/Son art projects, cooking esp cooking contest, and going to Home Depot for building together, plus now I finally get to wear eye makeup which I have missed out mostly in September/October!! And enjoyed several Trick and Treat outings with Nathan who was dressed as Spider Man (with a muscle suit!) and I dressed up as Jem and the Halograms with pink eye shadow and glitter in the hair!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw sounds like you had a lovely Halloween :) xx

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your internship offers and good luck with whichever you choose. Finding a balance is hard but you'll find what works for you in your own time and when you do it will all be worth it xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS