Saturday, 7 November 2015

Review | Revlon's Chocolicious and Black Cherry Lipsticks.

As most of you know I am a huge lipstick hoarder. I'm forever adding to my stash and I just can't resist all of the beautiful Autumnal shades at the moment, so it's no surprise that these two beauties ended up in my shopping basket when I was out with my mum last month. I've tried Revlon's Super Lustrous lipsticks before and was really impressed with their pigmentation and lasting power, so I was really looking forward to trying these out. 
I picked up Chocolicious - a deep brown shade that's actually quite similar to my favourite Topshop lipstick, Sashay Away - and Black Cherry which, despite it's really dark bullet, is a lovely purply plum colour that's perfect for this time of year. They look a very similar shade in the bullet, but these shades are very different (check out the swatch picture a little further down). However, they're both part of the Super Lustrous range and are really similar in all other respects, such as consistency, pigmentation and longevity. 

The first thing I can say about the lipsticks is that they glide really smoothly onto the lips. This is probably due to their sheer finish and they slide on effortlessly without any pulling or tugging. Having moisturised lips over the winter months is a must for me, as my lips crack really easily, so I like that these keep your lips feeling nourished - again this is thanks to their sheer consistency.
As far as pigmentation is concerned I'm rather impressed, though these lipsticks are not quite as bold and bright as other lipsticks I've tried that are around the same price and quality. Again this is due to the sheer finish and I would have to say I prefer a bold matte lip to sheer, but the colour is buildable which is always a plus. They are really lovely shades though, and ones that are so easy to wear. They take you from day to night with ease and I've found myself reaching for these lippies most mornings over the past few weeks. 
I think the only downside for me is that you do have to reapply quite often throughout the day to ensure you have a flawless finish. I find that they tend to build up in the creases of my lips after an hour or so, and I often have to wipe the lipstick off with a makeup wipe and start again. It may be because I spend most of my life stressing out in a hot university room, but the other Revlon lipsticks I've used in the past were really long lasting. I think that's the only disappointment really, but this doesn't deter me as I don't mind reapplying the shades as they're just so bright and vibrant!

Have you tried these shades?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

23 comments:

  1. Love the look of these colours, I use Mink from the same range and it is one of my favourites when I want a glossy nude lip! I have heard so much about black cherry but still never picked it up for some reason
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I think I saw Mink and really liked it! Isn't it a nude-brown? : ) Definitely check out Black Cherry! xx

      Delete
  2. Black Cherry is such a gorgeous colour, I need to dig mine back out! I love the Super Lustrous range from Revlon, they are some of my favourite lipsticks!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about trying a revlon lipstick and you just make my mind, thanks!

    xoxo

    livingaspaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh let me know which one you choose! :) You're welcome xx

      Delete
  4. Black Cherry is such a beautiful colour! Thank you for the review, so helpful!
    Have a nice day xx

    itsnatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natt : ) I'm so happy you enjoyed reading! xx

      Delete
  5. I've had my eye on 'Black Cherry' for a while, your swatch looks so pretty! Great review!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com


    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Revlon's lipsticks as they're so creamy and pigmented! I love the look of black cherry xx

    Gemma xx www.missmakeupmagpie.com ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the creamy finish too : ) it's lovely - definitely give it a try! xx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous colours! I've never tried any Revlon lipsticks but I love that these look so rich in colour. Anything with chocolate in the name deserves a try so that one is on my wishlist! :) x

    Viva Epernay ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I totally agree with you there! : ) Let me know if you try these out! xx

      Delete
  8. These are really beautiful shades! Although I love the fact that it has good pigmentation, I need a long lasting lipstick that doesn't need applying often so I might not try these! x

    whiteshirtchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I feel you! They are really lovely when applied but do need topping up every so often xx

      Delete
  9. You were right about the swatches, they really are completely different. Both shades are gorgeous, but Black Cherry is more my style.

    http://www.beautynerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally different aren't they?! I think Black Cherry is a very popular shade :) xx

      Delete
  10. I love the Black Cherry shade, perfect for the season. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love the look of Black cherry, so perfect for autumn and the colder months!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, it's so funny, when I was younger/teenager brown colored lipsticks were for "older" women and now that I'm seeing it, I'm loving it! It's such a great shade for fall, to kind of warm up the face. Thank you so much for sharing!

    coffeeslag

    COFFEESLAG Sephora Hal

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS