Sunday, 13 December 2015

Lifestyle | A day at Bath Christmas Markets.

I'm officially freeeeeee! Okay, I have broken up for Christmas and have six assignments to do between now and my birthday at the end of January, but you know, for now I am free and boy am I happy. The last few weeks have been hectic to say the least. We had four deadlines last week and I also managed to fit in two celebratory nights out and a day of shopping when it had all finished, and after travelling home yesterday and working today I've finally had a chance to open up my laptop and catch up on my blog. It really does suck that I'm not able to blog as often as I used to - I miss it so much, but it will all be worth it in the end!
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
While my life has pretty much revolved around university work the past few weeks, last weekend my mam and I headed on a coach trip to Bath to visit the famous Christmas markets. I've never been to Bath properly before - I've driven through to go to Center Parcs with the family many times, but never headed into the centre - so I was really excited to go and explore. 

I wore a denim skirt with high necked top, my favourite winter coat and knee high boots!

We got the bus at 7am and arrived at Bath at about 10:30am, and I have to say that Bath is probably one of the nicest places I've ever visited. The architecture and shops are just beautiful, and I love how everywhere you look is something beautiful. The buildings are gorgeous 18th century Georgian architecture and the whole town is surrounded by greenery and countryside. 

Exploring the Christmas markets.
We started off by hunting through the markets. There were stalls everywhere - little huts completely surrounding Bath Abbey - and filled with so many trinkets. From cheese and chutney stalls, to jewellery and pretty decorations, there was something for everyone and I really enjoyed seeing what each stall had to offer. The crowds were crazy though; we were literally shuffling along in a queue to get to each stall, but there was such a wonderful Christmassy atmosphere! After a spot of (extremely rushed) lunch, we headed to the high street stores to finish off our shopping and buy Christmas gifts for family members.
I particularly loved the Georgian architecture.
Sweet smelling fruit ornaments.

Being in Bath really made me feel quite nostalgic as we were so close to Center Parcs where I've had so many fantastic family holidays and made so many memories. I honestly felt completely at home there. The town centre itself was quite small but filled with so many gorgeous shops, as well as your usual high street stores. It had a really nice mix of independents and chain stores and the home decor and interior design shops were literally out of this world - so beautiful!

Enjoying a glass of champers whilst exploring the stores.
I really had a wonderful time in Bath and will definitely be visiting again soon. Honestly, it's the first place I've ever visited where I can say I would pack up my belongings and move to without being too worried about leaving Wales behind. It was also amazing to spend time with my mam after a hectic past few weeks. I'm sure you all know already how close I am with my mam and how much I miss her when I'm away, so times like these really are precious. 
Bath has captured my heart.

Bath, I'll be seeing you very soon I'm sure!
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

16 comments:

  1. I love the skirt you're wearing here. I haven't visited the Bath market yet this year but we're trying to find a dog friendly hotel in Bath (that doesn't cost a fortune) so we can make a weekend of it. I live 20 minutes from Bath but haven't been in years!

    Ami xxx
    ami-rose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun : ) I hope you find somewhere that you can take your dog - it's such a lush place. Wish I lived closer! xx

      Delete
  2. I've never been to bath but it looks so lovely! the buildings are gorgoues, you don't see many buildings like that from where I'm from so its nice to see!

    Amy x
    amysthoughtsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such beautiful photographs, I really ought to pay Bath a visit - in love with your Winter coat also! Enjoy your rest lovely and don't work too hard!!

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! : ) Aww Karen you would love Bath - it's beautiful xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like it's been such a manic time for you lovely but you're right, it'll all be worth it in the end! Bath looks absolutely stunning, I've never been but it's so high up on my list!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Elle : ) I'll get there in the end haha! You should definitely go, you would love it! xx

      Delete
  5. These photos are lovely! It sounds like you had a really nice time :)

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. The post is so amazing! Thank you for sharing:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post, the Christmas market looks super cosy! And I totally agree with you, the architecture looks beautiful!

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa : ) I'm glad you enjoyed it! xx

      Delete
  8. That market looks wonderful! What a beautiful place.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bath is such a beautiful place and it looks like it becomes even more so at Christmas time, I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. I definitely need to visit the Christmas markets next year! xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS