Thursday, 17 December 2015

Review | Bare Minerals Ready Foundation.

Those of you who regularly read my blog will know that my quest to discover the perfect foundation is like trying to find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I've tired and tested soooo many foundations over the years, with a range of consistencies, finishes and brand names, but always seem to revert back to my two favourites. Estee Lauder's Double Wear, which looks so good but unfortunately breaks me out, and Bare Minerals, which I love as it's great to my skin and looks fabulous, but is quite messy to apply because of its loose powder finish. 

Let me firstly say how much I love Bare Minerals. Their foundations really work well for my skin - especially as I'm so prone to breakouts - and give a fabulous coverage with a long lasting finish. I loved using my Bare Minerals loose powder foundation every day, as it's so light and made my skin feel makeup free; but it was a bit of a pain to apply if I'm honest. I would pour some of the powder product onto the lid of the foundation pot, and would then buff the powder onto my face. However, this meant there was a lot of product wastage and the powder particles would often end up on my clothes and cream carpet - and trust me, my mum is the last person you want to cross when it comes to foundation and cream carpets! 


Introducing, Bare Minerals Ready Foundation. It works in the exact same way as the original Bare Minerals foundation but comes in a compact powder form so the messy product wastage is a thing of the past...

After using my everyday Clinique skincare regime and applying some Bare Minerals Prime Time Primer, I apply concealer onto problem areas and under my eyes and along my T-Zone I use the Precision Face Brush to buff the product all over my face. I have to say that this brush is gorgeous. It's so soft and evenly distributes product while leaving your skin feel silky smooth and completely pampered. The foundation itself goes on so nicely. It has a solid mineral technology that gives you 108% extra hydration to keep your skin looking smooth and young.

The coverage is also really great. You do need to apply a few layers of product, particularly over areas that are especially red or rather spotty, and I would say that concealer is a must on areas that are in really bad shape (for example, I currently have a bought of acne on my cheek and need concealer to ensure it's completely covered). However, it gives a lovely natural glow with a medium to heavy coverage finish. I completely agree with their claims here as, after applying thoroughly and evenly, your face looks flawless. You get the look of a liquid foundation but the mineral substance makes the foundation so light on the face that you can hardly feel it on there. 

Bare Minerals claims this gives 12 hours of flawless finish. I do agree that it is really long-lasting, but if you're out working all day or doing a busy day of Christmas shopping I would say that you need to take product with you to touch up now and again. Whilst researching for this blog post I came across a range of reviews on this product. Those with oilier skin found that the foundation really maximised the pores and I will admit that I've noticed this on occasion. This is mostly after a hectic twelve hour day, but applying another sweep of the foundation over these oilier areas now and again throughout the day really helps.


All in all, I'm so happy with this foundation and will definitely continue to purchase after this one hits the pan. Since using it I have really noticed the patch of acne on my skin is a lot less red and irritated and I think this is because the mineral finish is so light on the skin whilst still giving the coverage I need.

Have you tried this foundation?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

10 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely! I have very similar skin to you so i do like good coverage without it being heavy. I would love to try this out x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! : ) I'm sure you would love this - let me know what you think. xx

      Delete
  2. Fab review hun, I love the sound of the foundation - I wouldn’t normally go for something in solid formulation but I like that this has helped the acne also :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlee! : ) I'm hoping it continues to help it! xx

      Delete
  3. Love the sound of it, even though it sounds odd with it being not creamy! I have awful skin so I love it when anything can cover up my redness and spots - I'm still on a quest to find the perfect foundation so maybe I'll give this a go!

    Robyn / Phases Of Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel weird only putting powder on your face but my skin feels so soft and light! : ) Let me know if you try it out hun xx

      Delete
  4. Such a fab review hun, I've never been a fan of the loose powder because it's so messy but their compacts are incredible. I've been using their bare veil and it is stunning!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I have used that in the loose powder in the past and really love it! Totally agree that it's super messy so nice to try this one out and get the same results without all the mess ;) xx

      Delete
  5. This sounds fab, great review! I'm also not a fan of loose powder especially because I'm always in a rush so it goes everywhere! I'll definitely be checking out this product and possibly purchasing :-)

    Maxine xx
    www.chatterboxmax.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh glad to see you enjoyed the review Maxine. Please let me know how you get on with it if you do decide to buy! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS