Sunday, 6 December 2015

Review | Threads Eye Products.

I was browsing through my favourite beauty blogs a couple of weeks ago and came across Threads. It's a brand I had heard very little about but was really intrigued by as the reviews I had read were all very positive, so when Threads emailed me to ask if I would like to try out some of their products I jumped at the chance! I was sent the Brown Illuminata Brow Pencil*, the Be-Bop Angel Lashes* and the Rock Chic Angel Lashes* and was really looking forward to putting them to the test.  

Firstly I just love the bright packaging and vibrant colours. Unfortunately the boxes of the lashes were a little torn having been squeezed through the post box, but it was great to see some bright colours to cheer up the dreary, dull weather we've been having lately.


The first thing I wanted to try was the Illuminata Brow Pencil*. Priced at £15 this comes with a built-in feather brush tool so you can brush your brows in place before pencilling product onto your brows. I really like this feature as sometimes my brows look more like caterpillars than "on fleek" so brushing them into place really helps.


Once the brows are in place I then pencil on the product. The pencil runs smoothly over the skin to add colour to the brows and I have to say it is really nice and pigmented and a really nice match for my brow colour. However, as my brows are pretty much non-existent I always use a brow gel to add a bit of depth and I personally wouldn't use this pencil without the brow gel. Instead I apply a brown brow gel first and then use this pencil to define the brows and to fill in any little gaps. It really helps to give a clear, defined shape to the brows.


I have used this brow pencil every day since I received it in the post and it is now a regular feature in my everyday makeup routine. A big thumbs up from me!

I rarely wear fake lashes - only for nights out or big events - but as Christmas is approaching and I have lots of festive parties coming up I was really pleased to see these lashes coming through the post. I always use Eyelure lashes and am a fan of the more natural look and I think the Be-Bop* and the Rock Chic* lashes fit my style perfectly.

The Be-Bop lashes are perhaps the most understated of the two. Used to add length to the lashes, you simply apply the adhesive (glue) included in the pack and place them right onto the lash line. I then like to add a little more mascara so they merge with my natural lashes and I have to say I'm really impressed with them. They're really light so they don't hurt your eyes and peel off really easily at the end of the night. My only concern is as they're so light you would have to be careful not to rub your eyes or accidentally brush the lashes with your hand, but if you hold them in place for about thirty seconds whilst applying to ensure the glue sets you should be fine. 


Now for the party starter, I simply love these Rock Chic lashes! I've always gone for the straight lash  - does that make any sense? You know, the ones that have the natural lash look? But the criss-cross effect on these is great for giving some depth and adding that extra glam that's most definitely needed over the festive period! Again they feel really light on the lash line, and the adhesive keeps them securely in place, but instead of length these give lots of volume. I really love them and can see these being used a lot over Christmas.

The price of each lash set is £9, which is a little more than I usually spend on one set of lashes but I do really love the design of each one and how they naturally enhance my own lashes. There are so many variations to choose from too - all with varying amounts of length and volume - so be sure to check out their full Angel lash collection if you're on the hunt for some falsies over the festive season!

I have to say I'm really impressed with Threads as a brand. I love the packaging and the innovative products they offer and mostly love how they are just used as enhancers. They take the best of your natural look and just make them look even better!

Have you tried this brand?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

17 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the brand but they look fab - love the bright packaging! I'm most drawn to the eyebrow pencil because I can never seem to find anything that works for my eyebrows!

    Robyn / Phases Of Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you should give this a go hun :) xx

      Delete
  2. The lashes look lovely!!

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of these! I don't tend to wear fake lashes often but I love them for a night out. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here - they're a must for the party season! xx

      Delete
  4. Never heard of this brand, thanks for the introduction :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh yay I'm so pleased you like this brand too, I was sent a selection a few months ago! The spoolie on the brow pencil is amazing isn't it?! It grabs literally every hair! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm really impressed.. Totally agree! It's fab :) xx

      Delete
  6. I hadn't heard of these before but will be checking hem out, I'm always on the hunt for new lashes!

    Amy - http://fourcatsplusus.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of them hun :) xx

      Delete
  7. These lashes look amazing, I love the sound of them, will have to give this brand a try!

    Serene | I Am Serene L

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of Threads, but the eyebrow pencil looks amazing - I love the idea of having a brush on the end, so handy! Xx

    A Blonde Moment

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the look of those lashes, so natural and fluttery, perfect for the party season :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS