Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Beauty | What I Got For Christmas 2015.

It feels quite strange writing this post as Christmas was only about ten days ago, yet it feels like a lifetime away! Isn't it weird how fast time goes by and what a difference a week or so can make? Ten days ago I was living the life eating chocolate for breakfast and now I'm completely bogged under with piles of university work, but hey ho! 


For today's post I thought I would share the beauty bits and bobs I received for Christmas this year. With virtually no income as I study for the next year it was so nice to be treated to some lovely makeup gifts. As a beauty blogger I'm forever lusting over makeup palettes and eyebrow kits, and now I have some lovely bits and pieces to add to my ever-growing makeup collection.

Crown Brush HD Brush Set | I've wanted to get my mitts on a new set of brushes for absolutely ages. I love my current Real Techniques Brush Set but I've had them for so long that they're starting to get a little worn, and the Crown Brush had been on my wishllist for so long. My boyfriend, Dan, treated me to this gorgeous set, complete with a carry case and compact mirror, and offering an array of brushes to help me buff on my everyday makeup effortlessly. The brushes themselves are really soft and smooth to evenly distribute product and I am so looking forward to using them in my daily makeup routine. 

Soap and Glory Bright and Bubbly Gift Set | My lovely friend and blogging buddy, Eve, (who blogs at Haia Eve) bought me this lovely gift set for Christmas and I'm so happy with it! I've not actually tried many Soap and Glory products before so it's always refreshing to try some new brands and products and I am absolutely loving using them so far! The Hand Food Hand Cream has been a life saver; after just one day my sore, dry hands were feeling moisturised and smooth and the Original Pink scent is like a breath of fresh air in these cold, dark days. A massive thank you to Eve for this gift, and make sure you go check out her blog!


Clinique All About Eyes Gift Set | a gorgeous little gift set was bought for me by my mam featuring some of Clinique's must-have beauty products; the High Impact mascara, All About Eyes eye cream and the new Skinny Stick eyeliner. The High Impact mascara has been one of my favourite products for the past year and now I'm completely stocked up for the next few months thanks to the two I was gifted for Christmas. I have also been loving the All About Eyes eye cream, which has left the skin around my eyes feeling so soft and refreshed.


So Eco Brush Set | my mum and Dan always seem to buy me the same products. I guess they know me too well haha ;) but this is another beaut brush set that I received for Christmas, also featuring a little carry case. I haven't heard of So Eco before but having read up on them I'm super excited to add them to my makeup collection. The brushes are 100% ethically sourced, with sustainable and bio-degradable packaging, and they are made up of bamboo brush handles and recycled aluminium ferrules. I'm very much looking forward to using these.

Best of Clinique Gift Set | how pretty is that floral makeup bag? During November/December Debenhams gave these little beauties away when spending over a certain amount of money on Clinique and I was given this lovely set for Christmas too, filled with the very best products Clinique has to offer. First up is the Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Moisturiser, which helps to plump up the skin and provide up to 12 hours of moisturisation. I haven't actually tried this one yet because I need less moisture, but I think it will be great in the summer time after days out in the sun. It offers the Liquid Facial Soap and the Take The Day Off Makeup Remover which I have been using to remove my makeup (especially my eyes and lipstick) on a daily basis. There's also the All About Shadows Duo in Strawberry Fudge, which will be perfect for spring-time makeup looks, the Long Last Lipstick in Matte Magenta and the trusty High Impact Mascara. A great combination of products that I'm sure will be used many times by myself!

MAC Antique Velvet Lipstick | I'm a sucker for a dark lipstick and have really started to get quite daring with my lip colours of the past year, so Antique Velvet is the perfect shade for me and I've worn it constantly since I opened it on Christmas Day! I've been really impressed with the matte finish and the longevity of the lipstick so far. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for a full review on the blog very soon!

Kiko Color Fever Eyeshadow Quad in Coral Burgundy | my first Kiko Cosmetics products and I am seriously in love with them so far! I created a smoky eye look using this quad on Christmas Day and was so impressed with the bright pigmentation and long-lasting finish I achieved. The shadows are soft and velvety and smoothly blend onto the eyelids. I really like how they have a hint of shimmer in them too, making them great for party eyes.

Kiko Eyeshadows in 131 and 178 | I also received two of these singular eyeshadow pots from Kiko. 138 is a gorgeous matte brown. I wear eyeshadow on a daily basis and I feel like this will be perfect for taking a look from day tonight as it's quite deep in shade and pigmentation. 178 is a gorgeous charcoal shimmer. I feel I will be using this a lot for evening makeup looks over the next few months.


Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Kit | I've loved using Clinique's Anti-Blemish solutions range for the past few months and use it religiously - every day both morning and night - so to have a top up of product is always great for me. These are the smaller bottle sizes but still filled with product that help to keep my skin oil-free and feeling super smooth and squeaky clean. I couldn't live without using these products and will continue to use until its time for me to start looking into anti-wrinkle creams!

TIGI Bedhead Superstar Diva Gift Set | and finally some gorgeous hair products. I love Bedhead products as they always smell soooo good and leave my hair looking and feeling fabulous. These are two products I haven't actually tried before including the Superstar Blow Dry Lotion and the Superstar Thickening Spray. You use the lotion before blowdrying to add heaps of volume to the hair and the spray after drying and styling. My hair is finally getting to the length I want it to be, but it's quite flat to my head and I always like to add a little volume, especially for nights out or events. I'm really looking forward to trying this duo out!

So these are just some of the lovely presents I received from my family and friends for Christmas. I also got some money to go towards a dictaphone, some fitness gear and gadgets, Pandora earrings and lots of snuggly pyjamas and socks (yes, thirteen pairs of bed socks!) for which I am truly grateful. I feel very lucky that I received such gorgeous presents and I hope everyone in my family liked their gifts too!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and have a happy and healthy new year!
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

70 comments:

  1. Wow that is such a lovely mix of beauty bits. The Kiko eyeshadows look beautiful, I think I might have to go and take a look at their site.. x

    Katie | daydreamkatie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie! : ) I love the Kiko eyeshadows. I've never tried them before but am so impressed! xx

      Delete
  2. Lots of lovely things, I love Kiko! Hope you had a lovely Christmas :)

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lauren! : ) I did, I hope you did too xx

      Delete
  3. Ohh these all look awesome. I love getting beauty bits for Christmas. It does feel so long ago now even though it was really only a few days! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmin - me too! : ) I know, it's weird isn't it haha? xx

      Delete
  4. I got loads of minis of everything too! xx
    alicekatex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love a good 'What I got for Christmas' post and was incredibly honoured to see you featured my gifts on it - thank you!! I am so glad you're enjoying them (I do love S&G and I agree, Hand Food is brill). I really like all of these wonderful gifts, I especially like the makeup brushes, they look so soft! :) Lovely post and thanks so much for the mention!! xxxx

    Eve - Haia Eve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're very welcome Eve, thank you for the lovely gifts! Absolutely loving S&G so far and looking forward to trying out some more of their products. xxxx

      Delete
  6. So many gorgeous products - I love the shade of the MAC lipstick. Dark lips are the best for autumn/winter.
    x

    Small&Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree that Christmas seems like ages ago now, it's so weird! You got such a nice selection of gifts, I would've loved to have found these goodies under my tree!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! : ) I was so pleased to see them xx

      Delete
  8. Eeeeeeek I think I LOVE every single thing you got .. I bet you were so chuffed with everything! Soap and Glory is just THE BEST ... and how gorgeous is that Mac lipstick! I have been loving dark lips soo much .. and almost don't want it to be spring/summer because it will be all about pink/coral lips then (boo!). Great post girly!

    https://throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com/
    Saira
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Saira! : ) I'm looking forward to trying out more from S&G - really impressed with them so far. Eek, I know! I think I'll still be rocking the dark lip even in the summer heat! xx

      Delete
  9. Time always seems to fly by after the holidays. It's sad to think how long ago Christmas feels now! Love everything you got. Especially the Clinique items!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! It feels like years ago!! Thank you Shannon : ) xx

      Delete
  10. Looks like you were really treated for Christmas :) such a good variety of products, covered all bases!

    Kim xxx
    www.kimradley.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you were very lucky these year, what a lovely selection of gifts!xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! I feel very lucky : ) xx

      Delete
  12. Fab post Hun you got some lovely bits :) the crown brush set looks amazing and I love that it comes with a carry case makes traveling so much easier :) antique velvet looks like such a gorgeous shade and I've only recently become a sucker for darker shades and this is definitely on my wish list!! Looking forward to hearing your review on it :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Charlee! You definitely need to add Antique Velvet to your amazing MAC lipstick collection ;) I'll be sure to let you know when I post a review! xx

      Delete
  13. You got some many beautiful things! Super lucky haha. Hope you enjoy them! :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula! : ) I'm sure I will xx

      Delete
  14. So many amazing gifts! I especially love the look of that KIKO quad - beautiful shadows! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been loving using it so far - so pretty! xx

      Delete
  15. the eyeshadow palette with the 4 colors looks so pretty
    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. so many great beauty products!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an insane Christmas haul, Jessie-Ann, you lucky thing! Those brushes look SO good. Wishing you all the best with University!

    May | THE MAYDEN | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you May! : ) I was very lucky indeed. xx

      Delete
  18. Wow you got some great presents!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woohoo! Lots of great goodies!! I LOVE the Clinique Moisture Surge! It's amazing and I wear it almost everyday before I put makeup on! I also love that shade of MAC lipsticks! I've been getting into darker shades lately (maybe it's all the cold weather!) and this would be perfect for right now!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun : ) I haven't actually tried it yet as I'm on antibiotics for my skin so don't want to experiment too much but am looking forward to giving it a go! xx

      Delete
  20. Ah looks like you've got some beautiful products! Happy new year :) xx

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Cat! Happy New Year to you too xx

      Delete
  21. Sounds like you had a wonderful new year and Christmas stash!! I got Kohl's/Pur Mineral Cinderella makeup set inspired by the live action movie along with a few goodies!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that makeup set sounds gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  22. I love soap and glory things and i also love bed head products which i also got for christmas! those brushes look amazing!

    www.itskiaerin.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww, you got some amazing gifts! I have that Kiko palette too and I love it! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! : ) It's so pretty isn't it? xx

      Delete
  24. Wow, lucky girl! I really want to try soap and glory products! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should try - I am loving them so far : ) xx

      Delete
  25. You got so many gorgeous things! Christmas is such a great time for being introduced to new products, the So Eco brushes look incredible! Kiko makeup is amazing too isn't it, such a fab high street brand!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katya! :) I agree, love seeing new brands and products. I'm really looking forward to testing them out and YES. I am so in love with Kiko! I can't wait to try more! xx

      Delete
  26. You got some really lovely presents, I love the Best of Clinique set!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. the crown brush set looks so good. i think a good brush set is such an amazing gift.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ah you lucky bugger you! All the Soap and Glory and Clinique *heart eyes emoji*. I'd love to try the Clinique Anti-Blemish Clarifying Lotion as I've heard this is really good. I found the Take The Day Off to be quite oily but it worked really well at removing make-up.

    Ami xxx
    www.ami-rose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooow. I'm so excited to try them all out! :D You should try the Anti-Blemish Clarifying Lotion - I absolutely love it. xx

      Delete
  29. How you getting along with the Crown brushes, I'm a brush hoarder so I'm constantly buying more aha xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have only just started using them because I didn't want to get them dirty haha! A full review will be posted soon :D xx

      Delete
  30. What a haul, hope you're having fun with all your new products! Happy 2016!

    xo
    www.paledivision.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you : ) Happy 2016 to you too! xx

      Delete
  31. You got such amazing stuff for Christmas! Look at all the brushes eep! I'm so jealous! I'd love to get myself some Crown Brushes one of these days <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely! : ) I would highly recommend! xx

      Delete
  32. You got so many lovely things! That Mac lipstick was the first thing that caught my eye thought haha!

    hhappylittleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. You got soooo many lovely things, I'm so jealous. I didn't get anything makeup, I don't think my family and friends want to risk things like that incase I don't like it haha! BUT I did get alot of Soap & Glory and The Body Shop stuff which I love just as much. :)

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love The Body Shop products!! : ) xx

      Delete
  34. I am such a fan of crown brushes, they really are such amazing quality. You got some amazing pieces hun, I'd be trying it all out as soon as I ripped open the wrappers :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so so impressed with them! : ) Thank you lovely! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS