Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Lifestyle | I'm Feelin' 22.

The delicious dessert I had in The Corran on my birthday spa day.
I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twenty twoooooo! 

Yep, that's right, last Sunday I celebrated my 22nd birthday and I now feel like I am officially an adult, as in my head 22 seems to be so much older than 21! I love birthdays. I always feel like they are a really special day and I am one of those people who has week-long celebrations in the hope of dragging them out a little longer. I spent last weekend surrounded by friends, family and loved ones back home in Carmarthen and I really had the most amazing time. For today's post I thought I would bring my celebrations to you so you can also get that birthday feelin'!

Pitchers and Prosecco

Friday was a really great day. Our university lectures finished super early so I managed to get an earlier train home with a window seat, and as it was sunny I could spend the journey looking out at the hills and seaside for the two-hour journey home. There's something so lovely about being on a train in the sunshine and whizzing through the beautiful Welsh countryside. I arrived home and got ready just in time for some birthday drinks with the girls.

For my last few birthdays I have gotten dressed up and gone out for a big night out, whether it's in Cardiff or Swansea, and I've always had a really fabulous night. This year I thought I would do something a little more "sophisticated". I am 22 now after all, and perhaps this was the year where I would leave those wild birthday antics behind... Maybe not. 
Flaming Prosecco! And it all went a little crazy from there...
What started off as sophisticated, classy cocktails, very quickly turned into a bottle of wine and a bottle of flaming Prosecco (by this I mean a bottle with a firework coming off the end) and it ended with myself and three of my closest friends being the only ones in the bar at the end of the night and me doing the worm across the dance floor! I haven't had such a fun and fabulous night out like that in ages! I laughed so much that my stomach was hurting the next day and I definitely was a little worse for wear. But that's what birthdays are all about, eh?

Shop till you drop

I actually managed to drag myself to a spin class on Saturday morning, and then I headed out for a day of shopping with my mum. I haven't really spent that much time with my mum properly this year, as she was whisked away to Thailand by my dad shortly after Christmas and I've been in university ever since, so it was so lovely to get to spend time with her. We spent the majority of the day searching for Grazia magazine in order to get a voucher for money off at River Island, and eight shops later we finally found the very last one on the shelf at a garage - it was a birthday miracle!
I had a lovely shopping day with my mum.

After a good old shop, we finally dropped and had a delicious meal at one of our favourite restaurants, followed by some yummy chocolate cake. I have been working really hard to get my healthy eating and diet back on track, so it was really nice to indulge and to spend quality time with my mum too of course. 

My birthday spa day!

Finally, the big day came and I awoke to some lovely presents before heading to The Corran Resort and Spa in Laugharne for a relaxing pamper day with Dan. This was my second time visiting The Corran for a spa day, but since my last visit the spa had been completely refurbished and a sauna and steam room was added.
We had the spa all to ourselves.

The place was absolute bliss. It was so calm and tranquil with beautiful twinkling skies and a lovely, clean facilities. It also smelled gorgeous and we spent most of the morning hopping between the steam room and the jacuzzi.
Dan relaxing in the pool.
Then we pulled on our robes and headed to the Relaxation Room ready for our treatments. We chose the Sunday Spa Package, which included use of the spa facilities, a twenty-five minute massage and a three course meal. I was most excited for the massage and wasn't disappointed. It was great to forget everything and relax for the day!
Delicious!
And finally, the food. Seriously, the food at The Corran is absolutely delicious. I've never tasted anything so nice in my life. I had a yummy fish cake to start, followed by a Sunday roast and topped off with a warm chocolate brownie and caramel ice cream - and they even wrote Happy Birthday on my board! It was a really nice touch and I actually though Dan had arranged it. Of course he hadn't! One of the boys working there knew it was my birthday and told the chef to add that little extra!
Pendine Sands in Carmarthenshire.
We finished off the day with a little walk by the seaside. The sky looked so gorgeous and it made me really excited for spring time and really grateful for the most fabulous weekend. I have such a wonderful bunch of friends and family and a really lovely boyfriend who really spoiled me and made my weekend so amazing. I'm truly thankful!

How do you celebrate your birthday?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

21 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! It looks you had a great day, the spa looks amazing and so does the food, especially the brownie! I usually celebrate my birthday by going to a café in town, they got an amazing breakfast buffet with pancakes, waffles etc x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! : ) it was really amazing. Oh my goodness that sounds amazing!! Love pancakes. xx

      Delete
  2. So glad you had a lovely birthday sweetie! That desert looks so good! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an amazing birthday weekend Jessie! That spa just looks incredible. I'm 22 in a few months, and I'm with you on the whole it sounding so much older than 21!

    Soph x | www.sophierosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Haha i know - we are now officially OLD! xx

      Delete
  4. Happy 22nd Birthday to you indeed! :) I enjoy the Birthday mostly with family but I want to do something a little bigger since I will be 36 yrs old...enough quite Bdays for me! Love the spa!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ursula : ) Ooh you should book yourself a spa day too hehe xx

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! It looks like you had such an amazing birthday weekend - that spa looks AMAZING!

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely! It really was!! xx

      Delete
  6. Ahh I hope you had the best day hun, definitely sounds like you did. That spa.... stunning!!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely - it was really brilliant. Eek, I know! It's gorgeous xx

      Delete
  7. Hope you had a good birthday! I know what you mean about 22 feeling so different to 21! I turned 22 two weeks ago, so strange!

    www.denajayne.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fabulous thanks : ) ahh I know - so weird. I feel old :'( xx

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had the most awesome of weekends. I'd love to go to the spa on my birthday for sure! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh happy, happy birthday. sounds like you had the perfect birthday week end. i'll turn 22 in april and i'm planning such a cute party. i actually can't wait.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely : ) I had such a fab time. Ooh can't wait to read about it! xx

      Delete
  10. i just follow your blog <3
    nice post and blog.
    www.beautyisallaround6.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday :* Wanna follow for follow?

    http://ordinaryblondie9.blogspot.hr/2016/01/hometown-walk.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I'm glad you had a lovely birthday - that spa looks gorgeous and your mum is so glam! xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS