Sunday, 17 January 2016

Review | Crownbrush HD Brush Set.

I have wanted a new set of makeup brushes for months. While I love my trusty Real Technique brushes, I feel like they have received a little too much love and this is starting to show, so I was absolutely thrilled to receive, not one, but two brush sets for Christmas! Today's review is all about the Crownbrush HD Brush Set - a set I have been lusting over for some time and have already fallen in love with!

The Crownbrush HD Set is filled with seven makeup brushes that cover all aspects of the face. Compromising quality dense Nylon bristles for precise application, these brushes help to create a flawless finish. High definition makeup is a huge trend for makeup artists and beauty lovers at the moment and these brushes apply both powder and liquid products with such ease that you're guaranteed a smooth, natural finish.

First thing's first, I love the packaging. A sleek black compact case, complete with a mixing plate that doubles up as a mirror, and the pretty mi of the white and black bristles teamed with a long, black brush handle just screams luxury and quality in my eyes. I really love how gorgeous they look and for so long I just didn't want to use them because they looked so pretty! The brushes feel so soft and smooth to touch and apply product so easily. Here's the breakdown...


Powder Brush | at first I was a little worried that this brush wouldn't apply product as well as I'd hoped. The brush head is so wide and the bristles are quite spread apart, so it's built almost as though it's a fan brush. I felt like this may have meant that product wouldn't have been evenly applied, if any at all actually went onto the face, but my initial thoughts have been proved completely wrong. I use this to apply darker powder and bronzers around the temples, cheekbones and jawline after applying my powder foundation and really love how natural it is. I apply using quick brush strokes, back and forth along the area that needs it and it leaves a completely flawless application. This brush has really upped my contour game!

Blusher Brush | this brush is so gorgeous. It's tapered and quite sturdy with a rather "fat" brush head, if that makes any sense at all? It just feels solid and sturdy and helps to apply blusher really easily to the cheekbones, with absolutely precise application thanks to its slightly smaller bristles. I personally use powder blushes, but I feel like this would work wonders on creamy highlighters or liquid blushes too! This is definitely one of my favourite brushes in the set.

Foundation Brush | another brush that I was slightly wary of, simply as the brush head is so small. I always use quite a thick, wide brush for my foundation application so using a brush with a head as small as this was quite a change. It's quite sturdy with heaps of bristles to provide a strong, precise application and I'm really impressed with how well it spreads liquid foundation and how natural the finish is too. It also has an oval-shaped head to get into all the curves and nooks on your face, such as around the nose and in the corners of the eyes, and leaves a lovely light and airy finish. I've been using it for my concealer too and it blends lighter and darker shades effortlessly.
Oval Eyeshadow Brush | I was so excited to get my hands on some decent eyeshadow brushes as I love experimenting with different eyeshadow looks, and all of the beauty tutorials I watch on YouTube use a plethora of brushes to achieve amazing eyes. This oval eyeshadow brush is gorgeous. It's quite flat so great for using all over the eyelid to apply base products and under the eyes too, to create a smokier, more vamped up finish. This brush packs product on so easily so you can build up product to the amount that you want/need and it helps to blend product very naturally also, particularly in the crease of the eye. I'm a massive fan!

Blending Brush | this is another brush I was really excited about! I usually use flat brushes to apply eyeshadows and had been in need of a proper blending brush for ages so was delighted that this was featured in the brush set. This brush's bristles are set further apart then the oval eyeshadow brush, which help to apply a lighter amount of product and to blend two different shades together. I really love the light, soft feeling of the bristles and how nicely products blend. I like to apply a tiny bit of darker shadow with this brush along the areas of my eyelids and it gives a really subtle, yet statement, finish.

Liner Brush | this brush is possibly one I won't get as much use out of but I think it's a handy little number nevertheless. It's very small and very pointed so great for lining lips and eyes, but I would say that you do need a very steady hand, just because it's so small. I usually use pencils and fibre-tip pens to apply lining products and haven't really ventured into using a brush yet, but am getting used to it and am sure I will be using this a lot in the future.

Overall I am so in love with this brush set. I love how pretty the packaging is and how nicely and effortlessly the brushes apply product. They are all built so differently in order to fulfil their individual roles and collectively do a smashing job of applying your makeup. I have really noticed such a difference in how nice my makeup looks after applying with quality makeup brushes rather than bashing the product on with anything I can find. I would definitely recommend investing in a brush set from Crownbrush and am looking forward to testing out more of what the brand has to offer!

What are your favourite brush sets?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

22 comments:

  1. i really have to expand my brush collection and this set seems to have everything. the brushes look amazing. might have to treat myself.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really amazing! Let me know if you try it :) xx

      Delete
  2. This brush set looks beautiful! I get so excited about new brushes hahaha, I just got the Real Techniques Core Collection set for Christmas and I've been using it every day ever since! Great review :) xx

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do love RT brushes!! : ) Bet you were so pleased when you unwrapped them! Thanks Hannah! xx

      Delete
  3. Excelent review! I need to buy some new brushes and this looks really good

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula! : ) They're really awesome. xx

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your review of these brushes and I am currently using Ecotools brushes but I will be expanding my brushes for 2016! :)

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ursula! : ) I'm glad you enjoyed xx

      Delete
  5. I really need to get some professional brushes. These seem just right:)

    http://anythingandeverything.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep on meaning to buy a brush set, I mostly apply makeup with my hands which is soooo not a good idea with my spot-prone skin. This brush set sounds good, I'm making a mental note of it! Next pay check!

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh noo! You need to get a brush set pronto! : ) xx

      Delete
  7. i've never heard of these but they look great, i'm always in need of new brushes!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always been such a fan of Crown brushes so I definitely need to check this HD set out, they sound amazing!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooo nice! Let me know if you try it : ) xx

      Delete
  9. Following you now, found you on Salt and Chic blog! :)

    Katja from Slovenia,

    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried crown brush but would love to get my hands on this brush set sounds lovely. KBxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow those brushes looks so pretty! AAA I am in love with your blog. Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look amazing!? I'm obsessing over getting new brushes, especially eyeshadow brushes...I think I need to get my hands on these soon!!

    Sarah xo See The Stars

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have had my eyes on crown brushes for a while now! Great post!
    Katie | www.blushingbubbles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS