Friday, 8 January 2016

Review | Kiko Cosmetics Eyeshadow Quad in Coral Burgundy.

A brand that I haven't really tried, but have heard masses about, is Kiko Milano Cosmetics. The Italian beauty brand was formed in 1997 and seems to have taken the blogosphere by storm over the past year or so. I've read so many reviews on their various products and I can't actually remember reading anything negative, so when I received this eyeshadow quad for Christmas I was overjoyed!

For those of you who regularly read my blog you will know how much I love eyeshadow. A dark smoky eye is my signature look and I'm always on the hunt for new shades and palettes to experiment with. Thanks to its gorgeous colour combination and shimmery finish, Kiko's Coral Burgundy Eyeshadow Quad is my new favourite. 

The quad itself comes in a simple, yet chic, sleek black packaging with a compact mirror for on-the-go application. Its packaging is not quite as luxurious as your MAC or Urban Decay palettes, but it's durable, useable and great for its £13.90 price tag.

I absolutely love the mix of colours in the Coral Burgundy Eyeshadow Quad. For me they allow you to create looks for pretty much every occasion. There are the lighter shades that can be used for more natural looks in spring/summer and mixed with the deep purple and burgundy shades to really vamp up your look. This palette can really take you from day to night and I have loved experimenting with it since I opened it on Christmas Day. 
As the shadows are baked they give off a gorgeous shimmery finish, which can be enhanced beautifully when applying with a damp brush. The wet application helps to make a really bold statement and I have been absolutely blown away by its pigmentation. I would say that Kiko identifies as a brand that fits in between high end and your trusty drugstore products, but the pigmentation is truly outstanding. This is probably achieved by the smooth and silky feel of the shadows meaning fly aways and dull application are a thing of the past.

And what's more, the pigmentation lasts all day. I first created a look with this palette on Christmas Day and 12 hours later it was still going strong! I haven't yet worn it on a night out, but I am confident that your makeup would still be as "on fleek" at the end of the night as it was at the start.

For me this is a must-have palette for all eyeshadow lovers. With a durable, bold pigmentation and shades that can be worn year-round this is a palette that packs a punch. I have been so impressed with its quality and when you compare the £13.90 price tag with the likes of a £40 Charlotte Tilbury quad, you really can't go wrong! I'm looking forward to shopping more of Kiko's stash in its first Welsh store when I head back to Cardiff on Monday.

Have you tried Kiko Cosmetics?
What products should I try next?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

48 comments:

  1. This caught my eye in your Christmas pressie post - it is just beautiful! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you for reading : ) it really is! xx

      Delete
  2. h wow these colours are just stunning! And like you say, perfect for so many occasions and seasons. Those two on the left hand side are some of my fave colours for eyes.

    Sarah xxx www.whatsasssays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous! I usually opt for darker shades but this is such a refreshing change! xx

      Delete
  3. That palette looks gorgeous!!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love seeing kiko on blogs more. it has been around for ages where i live and they stepped up their quality and product range so much. your palette looks amazing. burgundy shades are amazing.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so impressed with what I've tried so far and really looking forward to trying more : ) xx

      Delete
  5. I've heard a lot about Kiko but I've never tried any of their products but I absolutely LOVE this eyeshadow quad, the colours are so rich!x

    electraviolet.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time trying them and seriously you won't regret it! : ) xx

      Delete
  6. I have recently fell in love with kiko, especially seeing as one store has opened in Cardiff!:))
    Meg|www.missmegx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek - I'm a Cardiff blogger too! I'm heading back to Cardiff for uni on Sunday and can't wait to check out Kiko! : ) xx

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love KIKO, and I've really been opting for these shades recently, so definitely think I'm going to have to invest in this little palette next time I pop into store! Looks beautiful! Great review x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I have tried some of their products! : ) It's so nice.. I'm sure you would love it xx

      Delete
  8. This looks absolutely stunning! I need to try a lot of Kiko products but haven't got round to it xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really such a fab brand! I'm excited to try more : ) xx

      Delete
  9. Wow, this is a super gorgeous palette! I have never tried anything from Kiko so will need to change that soon! Loved reading this! x

    Jessica Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to change it definitely! : ) Thank you! xx

      Delete
  10. I found this company just before Christmas and some of the products I've tried are the best I've ever used - they do an amazing eyeliner! I did a post of my finds here: http://wp.me/p6JDlg-2H

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sending that link lovely. I'll be sure to check it out! : ) xx

      Delete
  11. These shades are so beautiful! I really must give this brand a try, everything sounds amazing from them :D love your blog, now following on GFC! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! : ) I already follow you on BL so that's great to hear! xx

      Delete
  12. The quad reminds me of Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow quad. It's good to know that it has great pigmentation! Lucky on you for receiving the quad as a Christmas present, Jessie :)

    Hana | Bold-Expression

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hana! I have a CT palette and this one is just as good IMO. Although it's not as luxurious! xx

      Delete
  13. Fab post lovely, I've really been intrigued by this palette as it looks gorgeous! £13.90 is such a bargain - I will definitely be on the lookout for this when I'm next in kiko as I've been trying their individual eye shadows which I've really been loving :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice Charlee! I have some of their individual shadows too and love them. You need to try this! xx

      Delete
  14. Oooh, you know I never really buy quads but I'd make an exception for this Kiko Coral Burgundy Eyeshadow Quad! It looks gorgeous! I can't believe it's only 13.90! The shades are so pigmented! <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely! So bright and vibrant xx

      Delete
  15. It's essential that the pigment last all day! This is super great and an amazing review :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula! : ) I'm glad you enjoyed the review xx

      Delete
  16. Ohhh, I need this!! Those colours are beautiful, I may have to get my hands on this soon :)

    Sarah xo // See The Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to add this to your collection! xx

      Delete
  17. OMG! (literally need a thousand heart face emoji to show my thoughts on this eyeshadow palette) I need this palette in my life so pretty!

    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, would love to see swatches! I bought two Kiko eyeshadows when I was in europe, one was amazing and the other was 0 pigmentation and flakey- eek! x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really?! That sucks :( so far the eyeshadows I've tried have been fab! xx

      Delete
  19. Oh wow, the colors are just gorgeous! I can see what you mean by being able to use them for all seasons, and I'm a huge sucker for that rose shade. I'd love to see a look incorporating this quad! (:

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a look for Christmas Day so will definitely post it up soon! xx

      Delete
  20. This looks like such a beautiful palette, I really like Kiko! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't deal with how stunning this quad is, like seriously! I adore the Kiko cream eyeshadow sticks, but will definitely be trying the shadows now too! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely palette I may have to pick that up :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have yet to tried this popular Italian brand but I love the quad colors! :)

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have been seeing lots about Kiko recently, this quad looks gorgeous xx
    Www.katyloublog1.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have this quad too and really love it. Love your photography too- #skillz ! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS