Thursday, 21 January 2016

Review | Kiko Eyeshadows 131 and 178.

Like anyone, I love a bargain! I'm currently studying with no source of income (except for the odd shift in retail over the holidays) and it's quite hard to keep my beauty stash stocked up with the latest glosses and compacts. However, I have discovered a brand that combines high quality performance with low prices and that is Kiko Cosmetics.

Kiko Milano has been all over the blogosphere for a while now, but it's only recently that I've explored what they have to offer and I really am so happy that I checked them. The only thing I'm annoyed about is that I didn't try them sooner! A little while ago I reviewed the luxurious Kiko Milano Fever Eyeshadow Quad in Coral Burgundy (read all about that here), but today I thought I would look into some of the more subtle, day time shadows I've tried and tell you all about why I love them. 

These Kiko eyeshadows in 131 Satin Coffee and 178 Macropearly Black are absolutely gorgeous. They come from a range of 81 shades, with a multitude of bright colours, finishes and styles. The packaging is sleek and simple, with a round compact shadow and a see-through lid so you can see which product is which at a quick glance. They are light and easy to carry in your makeup bag and the best thing is they are priced at just £2.90!

The 131 Satin Coffee is a gorgeous matte brown that is perfect for everyday use. I apply all over the eyelid and just above the eye crease to create a subtle, yet slightly grunged-up, make up look and I absolutely love the pigmentation. It's quite bold on first application anyway, but also buildable so you can add more layers to achieve the boldness you require, and it looks even more pigmented with an eyeshadow primer applied on the lids at first. I particularly love the matte finish and the soft velvet feel that leaves your eyes looking and feeling fabulous. It also has an amazing staying power - once applied this product stays all day with no flaking and no fly-away product. Kiko Cosmetics claims their eyeshadows have 12 hours staying power, and I would have to agree. I've worn this product for a full-day of university and even for a sweaty workout at the gym after and the shadow is still looking strong afterwards. 
While the Satin Coffee is a subtle matte, the 178 Macropearly Black is deep, dark and filled with a fabulous shimmer. It looks quite grey in the photograph but it is a lot darker and bolder than it appears. As it is so dark I like to wear it in the crease and under the lower waterline to add a little smoke to a subtle daytime eye, with a little more application for a night out or event. I wouldn't say this shadow has as much of a bold pigmentation on first application as the matte finish - maybe because of the shimmery pearly finish - but again it has a lovely satin/velvet feel and applies really nicely and blends really well. You do need to build up the product a lot more with this product I feel, especially to get the shimmer, but it's still a fabulous addition to my makeup stash and for the price tag you really can't complain. 
I absolutely love Kiko Cosmetics and it's fast becoming one of my favourite beauty brands. I really have been blown away by the fabulous quality for such a low price as well as the amazing range of products they have including makeup, skin care, nail polishes and even accessories like false eyelashes! There is something for everyone. I'm really looking forward to trying out some more of their products over the next few weeks, so expect to see a lot more of Kiko on ATB-x!

Have you tried Kiko Cosmetics?
What are your favourite products?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

29 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous shades; gotta love high quality, low priced cosmetics! :) x

    Amy • Blog | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I think it's about time I tried some Kiko products, me nearest store is Westfield, Stratford and they have a great selection!

    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just opened a store in Cardiff so that's my closest! : ) Definitely try some out! xx

      Delete
  3. I've heard such great things about Kiko recently but am yet to actually try the brand for myself.. may just need to have a little shopping spree come pay-day!
    x

    Small&Blonde♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you need to try! : ) Let me know what you pick up xx

      Delete
  4. These are lovely shades! I recently picked up some eyeshadows from kiko myself, but got them for that click system palette they did... only to realise it's now not available so I have random shadows with no palettes which is annoying! Although Kiko is a good brand!

    www.denajayne.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! : ) Oh no that is so annoying. At least you can use those shadows though : ) xx

      Delete
  5. Great review!! you just made me want to buy all of this things haha

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I have quite a few Kiko eyeshadows which I have been completely neglecting recently. I'm going to start using them again as they are really brilliant! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 131 seems like such a gorgeous crease/outer V shade, need to get it! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm such a big Kiko fan - their shadows are just amazing, and I want to try everything haha! gorgeous photos lovely xxx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! : ) Aw thank you Gemma, that means a lot coming from you! xxx

      Delete
  9. Pretty shades!I'm a huge fan of Kiko as well (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Satin Coffee looks like a colour I need! It's such a nice dark brown and I'm all for browns and neutrals. Kiko is such an affordable brand as well - I need to get my hands on some of these shadows! Thank you for the lovely review. :)

    http://kayleighmakesup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely : ) I'm sure it would look gorgeous on you. Thank you for reading! xx

      Delete
  11. I never realised KIKO was such a cheap brand!! Seems like I may have to get my hand on some of their products xx

    www.LUCY-COLE.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I was shocked too! Let me know what you try : ) xx

      Delete
  12. I absolutely adore Kiko shadows and am so pleased that the brand is finally getting some recognition after loving them for years. SO affordable and amazing quality, fab review hun!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree - such a fab brand and such high quality products! Thank you lovely xx

      Delete
  13. I love Kiko too, their eyeshadows are fab xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  14. Macropearly Black is freaking gorgeous. My goodness. I love it! :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post, those eye shadows look so pretty.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS