Sunday, 7 February 2016

Insta Style #12 | Floral Retro.

Dare I say that spring is just around the corner? Despite the rain lashing against the window and the wind shaking the house as I write this, I can't help but feel like the winter is on its way out and this makes me feel so excited! I'm so over these dull, cold and miserable days and starting to see little daffodil shoots brightening up the roadsides and the nights slowly starting to get lighter makes me happy. It means we can start to look forward to the long summer days and can start experimenting with bright clothes, pretty coral lipsticks and that much-loved dewy highlight in the process! 

Last weekend I headed out for a night with some friends in Cardiff and my outfit definitely made me feel like I had a spring in my step. While I practically live in black over the winter I always look forward to sprucing up my wardrobe in the spring. I love bright colours - especially reds, pinks and oranges - and I also love experimenting with patterns and prints, so naturally I opted for a beautifully bright outfit to celebrate my second weekend of birthday celebrations in style. 

Playsuit - River Island (shop here) | Shoes - River Island (similar here)

This bright floral playsuit from River Island has a slightly retro feel with the bright orange petal patterns contrasted with the khaki prints and I just love it. It's made of a lovely floaty material, so great for keeping comfy and strutting your stuff on the dance floor, with a shirt top, short bottoms and a waisted belt to pull the playsuit in at all the right places. I really love outfits like this as they give your body a great shape and really emphasise your curves. 

As the playsuit was so bold I chose to wear a simple white strappy stiletto heel to pull out the white in the playsuit and a white bag, both of which come from River Island. I really liked how the barely-there shoe worked with the statement playsuit and I'm very much looking forward to accessorising this staple piece differently throughout the summer, with flat sandals and maybe even tights and boots. 

Are you looking forward to the spring?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo

15 comments:

  1. You look so gorgeous hun, and I’m loving the print on the playsuit :) I need to have a look in River Island as I haven’t been in there for ages. I can't wait for Spring as that an Autumn are my favourite seasons :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Charlee - such a lovely comment! I love RI so much!! Mine too : ) love the transitional seasons. xx

      Delete
  2. You look stunning! That romper looks amazing on you :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shoes!!! :)

    Yiota / pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous outfit! You look amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh you look incredible, I love this playsuit on you!

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look, I'm really into retro floral prints :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that we had a major snow storm in Virginia/United States...um, yes please!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS