Sunday, 21 February 2016

Insta Style #13 | Navy Culottes.

For quite some time now I have loved the style of culottes. I feel these knee-length trousers, that are cut to look like a swinging sixties skirt, always look so classy and are perfect for day to night wear, yet I was worried they wouldn't really suit me or my sense of style. I always tend to wear fitted trousers, such as skinny jeans or printed leggings, but I have loved seeing these on other women and when I saw this pair of navy culottes with a geometric print in the River Island sale, I quickly snapped them up before any other prying shoppers could. They'd been sat patiently in my wardrobe ever since.
Last night I headed out for a friend's birthday for food and drinks and decided it was time to give the culottes a go. They are quite high waisted, so perfect for hiding any food babies, and I loved the understated pattern and belt feature. I paired them with a white bralet, that I bought from Topshop two years ago but absolutely love, and barely there sandals, and I have to say I really loved the finished look. The bralet is dainty, yet has a slight edge with its floral embroidery pattern and spaghetti straps, and the shoes are just so simple that the culottes really were the main focus of the outfit. 

Admittedly I was a little nervous to wear them, as they are something new and it was a step out of my usual comfort zone, but it was really nice to experiment, and having worn them I will definitely be picking up more culottes in the future. That's one of the things I love about fashion and makeup. It's a great way to experiment and to be artistic with your style and flair, and I love how your confidence just grows when you find an outfit or makeup look that you love! 

Is there a style staple that you're afraid to try?
What do you think of this outfit?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

Be sure to follow me on Instagram for more Insta Style!

35 comments:

  1. Looking lovely Jess! xxx

    Eve | haiaeve.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love these, they look so good on you! I don't think they'd work on my short little legs though!!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure they'd look fab on you : ) xx

      Delete
  3. I love this outfit, the culottes are gorgeous! I need to pick some up.
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are too cute! And I love that you stepped out of your comfort zone. That is super important with fashion, I think :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Shannon! : ) Thank you for your lovely comment. xx

      Delete
  5. Amazing look, I love the culottes! I've always wanted to pair boyfriend jeans with heels but I've never done it. x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That's a look I've always wanted to try too! xx

      Delete
  6. Fab post lovely, you look so stunning! I adore the culottes the pattern is so lovely and how can you resist when in the sale ;)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Charlee : ) Love a sale bargain! xx

      Delete
  7. Jessie you look so beaut! Wish I could pull this look off! xx

    www.hellotasha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you babe, thanks so much! You definitely could! xx

      Delete
  8. You look flawless!

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute outfit, I love the culottes and that top works perfectly! Fab styling :)

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sensational look!! Love that top!! You look fabulous doll!! :) Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Culottes are my absolute fave, these look gorgeous on you! I really like your blog, let me know if you would like to follow each other!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous culottes and they look so comfortable! xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look gorgeous on you, love the pattern! I'm yet to brave culottes, I feel like my legs are short enough as they are!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! : ) Aw I'm sure you'd look fab! I've been called Daddy Long Legs before so I get away with them haha xx

      Delete
  14. I love culottes, and these look gorgeous on you :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS