Friday, 12 February 2016

Review | MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave.

As we're slowly moving into spring time I'm getting really excited to jazz up my makeup routine and to shake off some of the darker lipsticks that I've been loving, perhaps a little too much, this winter. Don't get me wrong, I love a deep and dark lipstick as much as any other beauty blogger, but sometimes there's nothing nicer than a simple dewy makeup look with a naturally nude lip.

My mum headed out to Thailand at the start of this year for a holiday with my dad and I had two requests. The first was to have an amazing time and to not get lost; the second was to find MAC's Velvet Teddy as I had been searching high and low for it all over the world. It was even sold out in the airport in Cyprus when I was there with Dan over the summer! She managed to have a lovely time and she didn't lose my dad on any occasion, but she couldn't find Velvet Teddy. Instead she opted to buy me Brave, and it's a lipstick that I've completely fallen in love with. 
MAC Brave comes in MAC Cosmetics usual sleek, sophisticated lipstick casing and is a beautiful nude shade with a slightly pink tint. Loved by the gorgeous Kylie Jenner herself, Brave rocked onto the beauty blogosphere last year and I can't believe it's only now that I've gotten into the hype. It's just gorgeous! 

This satin lipstick glides effortlessly onto the lips with a lovely creamy texture that leaves your lips feeling nourished without being too sticky. The pigmentation is also really fantastic and the shade itself is one that will suit all skin tones, from your light, pale and sometimes freckly (like myself) right down to those gorgeous olive and tanned tones. 

The best thing about this lipstick for me is that the beautifully natural shade can be used to enhance your lips' natural colour, giving the illusion of full, voluptuous lips even if, like mine, they sometimes look rather skinny without any product. It's no wonder that Miss Jenner uses Brave religiously and I've definitely followed in her foot steps. I've used it nearly every day since I received it as a gift, and will continue to use it repeatedly over the spring and summer months I'm sure. 

I honestly don't have anything critical to say about it, other than it does need top ups from time to time, possibly because of its satin finish. It's definitely a "my lips but better" lipstick and in a time where makeup looks are moving away from that over-styled glamour and into a more natural domain, Brave is a lipstick you need stashed in your beauty drawer. 

Now I'm lusting after MAC's Soar lip pencil to really complete the look!
Have you tried MAC Brave?
What did you think?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

37 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with Brave and to be honest I reach for it more than my Velvet Teddy! Your nails look amazing in this photo too! :) Hope they enjoyed their time in Thailand!

    www.denajayne.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Dena! : ) They had a fabulous time thanks xx

      Delete
  2. Such a classic beautiful lip colour. One of my all time faves.

    xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 things. Firstly, your nails look BEAUT in that photo! And, secondly, I've never actually owned a Mac lipstick but omg that colour. It looks so natural, but I can imagine it looking really quite sophisticated too.

    Soph x | www.sophierosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek thanks so much my lovely! Ahh Sophie this would look gorgeous on you. The have some lovely red shades too which I'm sure you would love. xx

      Delete
  4. I know loads of people that love this lipstick but I've never gotten round to giving it a go myself but I think you may of just convinced me that I need it!!

    www.thebeautybaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving nude lips at the moment - I think they make such a great classic Spring look. Brave looks so gorgeous, I may have to add it to my MAC wishlist!

    Steph - http://nourishmeclean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! So perfect for this time of year : ) xx

      Delete
  6. I have wanted Brave for the longest time! I have velvet teddy and use it occassionally but it's not the sort of lipstick I pick up and think NEED NEED NEED EVERYDAY. Have you tried the Debenhams website? I had absolutely no trouble picking up Velvet Teddy from there. It is just always in stock?

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for tweeting me : ) In the process of buying now! xx

      Delete
  7. I love 'Brave' it's such a gorgeous shade!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This shade looks gorgeous, I would love to see a swatch of it!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely! I'll be sure to add one when I next post it. xx

      Delete
  9. It so classy and elegant (I don't know why but is how I feel it) haha, I wish I could see how it looks on you!

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it really is! I'll be posting a makeup look with it soon : ) xx

      Delete
  10. Fab post lovely, Brave is definitely one of my favourite shades! You definitely need Soar and the duo work really well together! :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is top of my Mac lipstick wishlist atm and you've made me want it even more :)
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still haven't tried this shade and now I'm really kicking myself, it's gorgeous!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh its pretty! I have a few MAC shades but I haven't really reached for them in ages, I should haha! x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a beautiful pink nude shade by MAC and love satin for my dry lips!! Perfect name for this lipstick for that extra girl power for the day!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm yet to try this shade, but it looks beautiful. I love their satin lipsticks!

    Arianna | http://ariannachatz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been wanting to try this lippy out for a while! On my Fashion blog I just posted my Everyday Makeup Products, maybe you might wanna check them out :)

    www.laluafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do lovely : ) thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  17. brave is one of my favorite lipstick! x

    www.sparklethiscity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pleased you opted for Mac Brave lipstick. I have it too and it’s such a lovely day to day wearable shade. Just as you mentioned it’s a your lips but better kind of look. It was interesting to hear Kylie Jenner likes this product, I didn’t know that but I can imagine why! Great post and thanks for sharing! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Such a gorgeous colour, perfect for any eye look and any occasion!

    Rebecca | morerebe

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS