Sunday, 28 February 2016

Review | MAC's Matte Lipstick in Velvet Teddy.

I don't really know why I'm writing this review, as pretty much every beauty blogger and their dog owns Velvet Teddy, but after searching for it for the past few months I finally found one going in my local Debenhams and I can now proudly say I'm an owner of my very own Velvet Teddy! I'd wanted this shade for ages. I'd searched high and low in beauty stores. I'd asked in airports when jetting off in the summer. I'd even asked my mum to have a look in duty free when she jetted off to Thailand at the start of the year. Finally, I've found it and it really does live up to my expectations. 
For those of you who are yet to pick up this staple beauty, Velvet Teddy is a gorgeous matte beige lipstick that works to enhance your natural lip colour. I am really loving neutral and nude lip shades at the moment - you can wear them with anything and they're so effortless to apply - and this lipstick fits the bill perfectly. It's one of those "my lips but better" lipsticks and has a really bold pigmentation, yet is still understated when applied. It's a great shade to wear with subtle smoky eyes or a dewy highlighted looks and I'm sure it will be used a lot throughout the summer. 

The consistency is really lovely. It's quite creamy and applies really nicely, gliding onto the lips before setting into a matte finish. It's non-sticky, which I find can happen with a lot of matte-based lipsticks, and is really bendable too so seeps into the lips to give long-wearing, durable colour. The longevity is really impressive and it feels so lovely on the lips. My only downfall is that it does leave my lips feeling a little dry afterwards, possibly because of the creamy to matte finish. This means you do have to apply quite often but with all this cold weather my lips are quite dry and chapped anyway, so I'm hoping this will counteract in the spring time. 

I would definitely recommend Velvet Teddy to anyone looking for a natural lip shade with a bold finish. I just love the colour shade and the consistency and I'm so pleased that I managed to pick it up at last! If you haven't tried it yet, I would definitely recommend giving Velvet Teddy a go. It's another MAC classic and has already become a firm favourite in my beauty stash. 

Have you tried Velvet Teddy?
What's your favourite MAC shade?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

23 comments:

  1. I was never fussed by this lipstick when it first came out but looking at it now, it's SO gorgeous! Definitely my next to buy! cc
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely into anything that looks effortless but makes a difference, and this sounds like it 100% lives up to all that Ky-Jen hype!
    Great review girly!

    Holly | www.thekittyluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does! I love it! : ) Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  3. Yay! I am so glad you were able to get your hands on it. I actually don't own this...but the colour looks lovely!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! : ) It's really gorgeous. xx

      Delete
  4. Hurray you finally got it! Great review Jessie, I feel like I need to purchase it now!! xx

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab post lovely, Velvet Teddy is one of my favourite MAC lipsticks :) I agree this applies really lovely on the lips and is such a comfortable matte to wear! :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. I knew you would have it Mac Lipstick Queen ; ) xx

      Delete
  6. I've never tried velved teddy but I always want to! It's so classy and a must have :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Words can't explain how much I love Velvet Teddy, haha! I was never bothered about getting it, but when I did it was instantly holy grail status :) lovely post & blog xoxo

    Phoebe & Abida // phoebida.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous isn't it?! Definitely HG status! xx

      Delete
  8. I'm dying to get my hands on Velvet Teddy, I've read and seen so much about it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds just lovely - been meaning to get my hands on this for ages!

    www.ohjanuary.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still yet to try Velvet Teddy so I found this post useful, and you've pretty much convinced me that I absolutely must have it!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  11. i STILL haven't tried this, but I'm glad you love it :)

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. one of my favorite lipstick :) x
    www.sparklethiscity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS