Wednesday, 16 March 2016

FOTD | Springtime beauty look.

Who else has been loving the sunshine this week? It honestly makes me feel so happy and positive, and dragging myself to uni each morning doesn't feel like such an effort. When it rains I literally hate leaving the house, but when the sun is out I'm up like a flash and out in the fresh air. It's crazy what a little sunshine can do to your positivity levels, isn't it?

For today's post I thought I would share a springtime makeup look that's so easy to create and all you need is a pink/purple eyeshadow palette and a darker nude lip. I wore it on the weekend when heading out for cocktails with some friends and it was great to finally change up my usual night out look. That's one of my favourite things about the change of seasons. We can finally start experimenting with different makeup looks, brighter shades and exciting eye and lip combos, and also say a big hello to the dewy highlight and barely there neutrals. It's a great time for us beauty bloggers, who are itching to play with new products too!



BASE
I actually tried out a new base this weekend in the form of DiorSkin Forever foundation. I attended a beauty blogging event at Dior in Debenhams last month and was very intrigued by this foundation as I'd been using DiorSkin Star and loving it, although it did make my skin quite shiny and the shade was too orange for me. I have to say I was really impressed with Forever, and have actually purchased it, so keep your eyes peeled for a review coming soon! I used Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer under the eyes and on the nose and then set the look with a little Bare Minerals Ready Foundation

BLUSH + BRONZE
No changes here as I kept the look nice and simple with a sweeping contour over the temples, forehead, cheekbones and under the chin using my Bobbi Brown bronzing powder. I've had this bronzer for so long now and I just can't recommend it enough. It gives such a nice, natural finish and compliments my skin tone perfectly. For blush I used my old favourite, MAC's Peachy Keen. I love the rosy glow it gives - perfect for spring!

BROWS
As with the blush and bronze, I kept this part of my beauty regime the same using Benefit's Gimme Brow to taper the brows in shape and filling them and defining them with Benefit's Brow Zings. As it was a special occasion, I also added some High Brow underneath the arch to give a little extra definition. I just love this combo, though I am starting to wear less brow product in hope of achieving a more natural look. 

EYES
Now for the exciting part! For this look I used Kiko Milano's Coral Burgundy Eyeshadow Quad and seriously I can't recommend this palette enough. The lighter pink shade was used all over the eyes, giving a girly and feminine shimmery look, while the darker purple shades were used in the outer corners to add a little smoke. I also used the lightest shade to highlight under the brows and to really add some definition. To finish off the eye look I added heaps of Clinique's High Impact Mascara and teamed Urban Decay's 247 pencil eyeliner on the waterline with Collection's 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in a swooping cat eye on the lids.

LIPS
Here I combined two of my favourite lipsticks of the moment to create a darker nude with a slight purple hue. MAC Brave adds a lovely pink tint to the lips, keeping the look natural and barely there, but MAC Antique Velvet really makes a statement and adding just tiny amounts to the lips and then rubbing it in with my ring finger made for such a great colour combo.

What do you think of this look?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

18 comments:

  1. You beauty! Absolutely love this look- why is Brave still not mine?! :)!

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! You need it!! xx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love this look babe, you are stunning :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful makeup look! I love your eyeshadow, I have never tried the Kiko Palette you've mentioned but it sounds really good. :) x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much : ) It's really lovely!! You should try it. xx

      Delete
  4. Such a stunning look for Spring, great inspiration :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make the best makeup looks ever! Super beautiful, love it :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Paula! : ) You're so kind. xx

      Delete
  6. You are SO damn good at doing your make up. I wish mine looked even half as good as yours! Love the colour combo.

    xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so kind! That's really made my day : ) thank you!! xx

      Delete
  7. You look stunning, wish I was this good at makeup!

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Laura - that's lovely of you! I'm sure you're fab at makeup. xx

      Delete
  8. Your face looks amazing in this!! Love this makeup look, I am such a fan of nude lips at the moment, I SO wish i was as good at doing winged eye liner as you though, my hands are just too shaky haha! xxx
    www.sleek-chic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much!! Seriously I think this was a fluke as it always takes ages for me to get them right haha! Thank you xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS