Sunday, 20 March 2016

Happy 3rd Birthday All Things Beautiful.

Wow! Three years! I can't believe it's been three whole years since I first sat down to write a blog post after hastily setting up my own little creative corner of the web just minutes after stumbling across the beauty blogosphere and all it has to offer. I honestly didn't think I'd still be writing and posting a few times weekly three years later, but I have to say that setting up my own blog has been one of the best things I've ever done.


I started my blog really spontaneously. I was searching for a hair product review and stumbled across beauty blogs offering these reviews and instantly fell in love with the idea of creating my own. I was in my first year of university at the time, and while I was really enjoying my studies and the course, I hated university life so was feeling very lonely and homesick. As a journalism student I thought a blog would the perfect way to work on my writing skills and it would also keep me busy and give me something to focus on outside of lectures in the process. What I've actually gained from blogging is so much more. 

My blog started off slowly and at first I felt apprehensive. I was nervous to share my blog with people outside of the blogging community, and really worried about what people living in my rather small (and sometimes small-minded) hometown would think. Heck, three years ago many people didn't even know what blogging was and I was scared that people would question why I spent my spare time pouring my heart and soul into a blog that people may not even read. But as my blog slowly, but surely, grew and I started attending events and meeting other likeminded bloggers, I started to share my blog to more friends and family members, before broadcasting it on Twitter for all to see. 

It was quite a liberating feeling to be honest and, after receiving such lovely praise and kind comments from everyone, it made me wonder why I hadn't done it sooner. I mean, I'm extremely proud of what I've achieved through blogging and the opportunities its afforded me. I'm proud of myself for creating something that I truly love, and partaking in a hobby that has taught me so much, not just about my career, but about life and about myself.

In just three short years I feel like I've really grown and evolved as a person, and my blog definitely had a part to play in this. I'm more confident. I'm no longer worried about going into a room full of people I don't know. I'm not scared to try out new things and I'm more determined than ever to work hard and to strive for greatness. I've worked with wonderful brands and attended amazing events. I got a place on the Masters course I've wanted to do since I was 19. I've been offered internships at top magazines, been interviewed for a television programme about beauty and makeup, and I've met some wonderful people who I would never have met if I hadn't started blogging.

Admittedly, there are things I want to do to improve my blog and I want to work harder on it. The last few months have been a struggle. I've been so consumed by my masters course that I've had to drop down to just two posts a week and I barely have time to partake in social media chats or to read other blogs. It has affected my stats, which is disheartening, but the fact that I've blogged all the way through my university life, in between studying, working, training and having a social life is something to be proud of. Looking ahead, I want to improve the whole look of my blog with a new layout and I really want to do more outfit posts and makeup tutorials that are more than just my Insta Style posts posing in front of a mirror. I want my blog to have an altogether more professional feel, and as soon as I finish my masters course this will all be happening, which is rather exciting!

My three years as a blogger have been fantastic and I feel tremendously proud and grateful for everything I have achieved through it. If anyone is reading this and are considering setting up a blog then I urge you to. It's extremely hard work, and it will take over your life, but it's the most rewarding, amazing hobby and one that you'll be so glad you started! 

Happy 3rd Birthday All Things Beautiful.
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

20 comments:

  1. Yayyy I can't believe you've been blogging for three years! You were one of my first bloggy friends & I'm so glad I got to meet you last year! Hope to see you again soon. Heres to another 3 years xxxx
    Love from Daisy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much my lovely! It was so lush to finally meet you : ) We must meet up again soon when I'm in London. xxx

      Delete
  2. This was so lovely to read, you should be so proud with how far you have come and sticking with your blog through your studies! :)

    Hannah | Oh January

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 3rd Blog Birthday!!
    What an amazing blog, and one I'll never get bored of. You truly inspire me that you've managed to juggle your blog and your degree's as well as managing everything else that you do. I can barely blog while working!! You help give me that push of motivation to continue my blog and I couldn't thank you enough for that.

    I can't wait to see what the years bring to you and your blog!

    Sarah xo || See The Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep thank you so much! : ) That really is such a lovely comment and means so much to me. So kind of you! You're a babe <33 xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your blog anniversary! This post was really amazing to read. I started blogging seriously around the end of last year and it's been absolutely brilliant so far. I hope I can keep at it for many more years like you. I haven't told people outside the blogging community about my blog but reading this post has made me think that maybe I should.

    www.saarasofia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! : ) I'm so glad you're enjoying blogging and don't be afraid of showing it off. You should be proud! xx

      Delete
  5. 3 years! Oh my goodness, Jessie, that is such an achievement! Your blog is one of my favourites, and you are one of my favourites! You should be so proud of it :)

    Soph x | www.sophierosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie that has honestly made my day as I admire your blog (and you, of course!) so much. Thank you! xx

      Delete
  6. Happy 3 year blog anniversary! This inspires me to keep at my little blog in the hopes that it'll all be worth it in the end :) x

    Small&Blonde♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Happy 3rd Blogging Birthday! Wishing you many more years of blogging fun and success! xxx

    Eve - HaiaEve.blogspot.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the 3 years girly! So good that your blog has had such a positive impact on you. It really can change you for the best and bring you out your shell x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much love! I definitely agree. xx

      Delete
  9. Congratulations!

    Chichi
    http://chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adore this post hun, congrats on a fab 3 years of blogging. It goes by so quickly doesn't it, and how amazing to see everything you've achieved through doing it. So well done lovely!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! It definitely flies by. Thanks lovely lady xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS