Sunday, 6 March 2016

Insta Style #14 | Cute Christening.

Spring is definitely here and I am really loving it, even if it's still bloody freezing! It's finally time to start saying goodbye to dark colours and outfits covered in big, heavy coats and to embrace pretty patterns, bright colours and cute dresses. Yesterday was Dan's nephew's christening and it was such a lovely day. The sun came out to play so it was surprisingly quite warm outside, and we spent the morning at the church followed by a lovely lunch at a reception later on. For today's post, I thought I would share my christening outfit with you as it definitely felt quite spring-like!
Geo-printed Shirt Dress - River Island | Shoes - Dorothy Perkins (similar)

I decided to go for the smart casual look, by dressing up a shirt dress with a pair of black strappy heels and a big fur coat. The shirt dress is actually from River Island and it's a staple piece that I am absolutely loving for this transitional time of year when you're not quite sure what to wear yet. It's great for wearing in the day time with boots, tights and a warm coat, or for an evening occasion or special event paired with some heels and a clutch bag. I combined these two styles for yesterday's look. 

I particularly love the bright pattern of this gorgeous dress. The clashes of colours, including cyan and bold oranges, infused with monochrome patterns create a striking yet elegant piece and I love how it's oversized but can be dressed to fit with a waist belt. The shoes are ones I wore for my graduation and I like how they have a thicker heel making them comfier to walk in, although too much walking can cause serious blisters. Luckily, we were sat down quite a lot yesterday so my tootsies weren't worked too hard. 

The whole day was really special and it was great to see Dan's family again. I'm also a little sad today as it's the last day I will see Dan before he goes on his travels. He won't be gone for too long thankfully, but it's still a strange feeling. 

I hope you're all having a Happy Sunday!
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

30 comments:

  1. Shirt dresses have become such a staple in my wardrobe over the past year, I particularly love this one! I can't wait for Spring to properly arrive so I can start wearing all the bright colours and stop hiding in my jeans haha. xx

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Mine too : ) they're so easy to wear! I can't wait either now - so excited for spring! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the dress! The colours on it are super gorgeous. I've been meaning to pick up a shirt dress for ages as I really like them!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! They have lots in River Island if you're looking for brighter ones! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you have a great time! That dress is super elegant and you style it so well! Love it :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula : ) thats a lovely thing to say! xx

      Delete
  4. I've come to hoard a few shirt dresses now. I absolutely love them and how they can pretty much be teamed with anything... for me it's mainly pumps or trainers :')

    Tamsyn Eliza | Peaches and Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they work so well with pretty much everything! xx

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh I absolutley love this dress! It's perfect for spring. You looked lush! <3 xx

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. River Island are killing it lately, I love this dress!

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree - I was in there the other day and wanted to buy EVERYTHING! xx

      Delete
  7. Looking amazing girl. I love a good shirt dress, and this one is so cute!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous dress! I cannot wait to get my Spring Wardrobe out!! x

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love shirt dresses and yours is adorable. Great way into spring :)
    Marina // www.MARINASAYS.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you look so great! I adore the print of that shirt dress xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this dress, great outfit <3

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk - Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dress is so unique and pretty, looks fab on you girl!
    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dress is so gorgeous! It's so versatile you could definitely dress it up or down
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute dress and love your hair!!! Super cute!! You look gorgeous doll!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I was actually having a bad hair day - the photo hides it well haha xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS