Sunday, 27 March 2016

Recipe | Cute Easter Nests.

Happy Easter everybody! I can't believe we've already reached Easter of this year. I feel like time just flies by and every week whizzes past faster. Not that I'm complaining as I love Easter! It's such a cute time of year with lots of pretty flowers and eggs, and signs of spring all around. I have to say I enjoy Easter a lot more to Christmas, as I feel there's no pressure and it's just a fun day filled with chocolate, friends and family.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon making cute Easter cakes with my nan. I hadn't seen her for about three weeks as I'd been away in uni, so it was really nice to catch up with her and my grandad too. For today's post I thought I would share the little cakes we made. I'm sure you've probably seen loads of these cake recipes but they're so quick and easy to make that even I could do them.
Ingredients:
  • Shredded Wheats cereal
  • Cadbury's Dairy Milk big chocolate bar (x2)
  • Mini Eggs
  • Sprinkles
(We also added a little chocolate icing to the mix on some of the cakes!)

Making these cakes is seriously so simple. All you have to do is melt some chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, break the Shredded Wheats in a bowl to get the bits as small as possible, and then mix the chocolate and wheats together. Add some cute sprinkles and the mini eggs on top and leave to set in the fridge. And that's it! The result is these delicious cakes that look great in an Easter display, and taste amazing too!

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter filled with loads of chocolate! I actually gave up chocolate, cakes, biscuits, etc. for Lent this year, and survived up until the last three days. Our lecturer bought us all cake for completing our major projects and I just couldn't resist. I'm going to really enjoy little treats this weekend before I'm back to my healthy eating regime tomorrow and heading to Bristol for a week of interning at Immediate Media. I'm really excited but so nervous, though I'm sure it will be a lot of fun!

What are you up to this weekend?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

16 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a simple but lovely recipe - I feel inspired to make some for myself now! Hope you have a lovely Easter and good luck with your internship :) x
    Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so nice! : ) thank you Charlotte! I'm so nervous haha. xx

      Delete
  2. Happy easter, I normally make some chocolate nest but I didn't this week. I might next weekend.

    www.annanuttall.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh thank you hun! : ) Happy Easter! xx

      Delete
  4. These look lovely! Enjoy your Easter :)
    samantha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seriously in love with your blog and all your posts! This is super tummy and I'll try it today haha. Happy Easter ♥(:

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! : ) That's made my day! I hope you enjoy them! xx

      Delete
  6. These are super cute! I just had a cornflake one of these yesterday and it was so good :)

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate nests are a must at Easter! I love the way you've presented them - so lovely! Xx

    itsjessiejane

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look seriously delicious! I made easter egg nests this year and they went down very well, but I must try your recipe as they look better!

    Enter my Hourglass Blush Giveaway on The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm they were so good! :D Let me know if you try it! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS