Friday, 1 April 2016

March 2016 Monthly Round-Up.

Well, we're now officially in spring time and I don't care how cold it is I'm determined to start ditching my winter coat for my summer clothes pronto. I actually sat outside today and just watched the world go by in the sunshine and it was lovely to have some quiet time and to simply relax for a while. March has been a crazy month. I feel like it's whizzed by but has also dragged in the process. Does that make sense? It often feels like time is going by s-o-o-o-o slowly and then suddenly you look back and three months of 2016 have gone!

I feel like this month has been so jam packed that I'm not quite sure where to start. It's been filled with outings, exciting steps forward in my career, time with friends and family, and my favourite time of year, Easter. It's been so busy that I feel like as soon as I take time off to have a break next week, I'm going to get seriously tired and want to sleep for one hundred years.
The month began with my boyfriend Dan's little nephew's christening and what a lovely day it was. The sun came out and signs of spring were all around and we spent the day with Dan's family and eating yummy food at the christening party afterwards. In a way though, it was bitter sweet as it was Dan's last weekend before he headed off to do some travelling in New Zealand. I'd been so nervous about him leaving for the whole month beforehand so when it came to our final day together we just spent it walking along our favourite beach as though it was any other day, which was the perfect "last day" together. The week after he went was tough, especially as I also had an exam, project deadlines and a law essay to complete, but I've been so busy that I haven't had too much time to think about him being away, though I'm counting down the days till he comes home! 

The rest of the month was a whirlwind. I spent most of my time slaving away at my computer (as always) to get the last issues of the mag we were creating as part of our MA finished. This even involved going into uni by 9am on a Saturday and on Sunday afternoon (fun times), but it was such a relief when all the work was over and I could finally relax and spend time with my friends and family. Hours and hours of painstakingly reading through every single feature, and even creating an app, was all worth it when we had great final feedback and our lecturers even bought us cake to celebrate! 

Then we had the Easter weekend and I headed back West to spend some quality time with friends and family. It was the first time I'd been home since Dan had gone away and I was a little worried about how I'd feel not having him there, but I kept busy by going out for walks with my family and mum, baking yummy Easter cakes with my nan and going out with friends for drinks on Easter Sunday. I feel like I've worked so hard over the past few weeks that I really let my hair down, and am still paying the price. Three nights out in a week after completing deadlines has ruined me and I'm back on a detox from here on out.

As well as working hard in university I feel I've also stepped forward in my journalism career as I undertook my first work experience placement at Perfect Wedding magazine. This is the UK's best-selling monthly bridal mag and it's been a really wonderful week of learning and broadening my horizons. I've learnt a lot about how the magazine works and have been working on feature pages, that will be on sale in June's issue, which is so exciting! it's great to get a feel for the industry and to put into practice all the skills I've been learning at university. 

I also feel like I've learned a lot about myself too. I'm actually in a hotel room in Bristol writing this, and I was so nervous about spending the week away on my own (for the first time ever!!) but I feel I've grown so much from the experience. I even attended a kick boxing class and explored the city during my runs. It makes me realise that I can do things and I should stop being so worried about everything. Bristol is also such an amazing city and I've really enjoyed my time here. 

All in all, it's been a month of learning, both for my career and myself. I also attended a lovely spa blogging event at Park Plaza hotel (so keep your eyes peeled for that!) and made a little television appearance last night, which is super exciting! This is an opportunity I gained from working on my blog, and my little space of the web was even featured on the programme! Watch out Zoella! ;) haha I joke, but you can take a look at it here

April will again be a mix of work and play as I'm home for a break from uni, but also heading to London for two weeks to work at Grazia! I'm so nervous but so excited to get started, especially as I had such an amazing time at Perfect Wedding. 

What have you been up to this month?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had some amazing opportunities! I'm so jealous, I hope my Fashion Marketing course that I'm starting next year will allow me to get work placement places similar to the ones you have had! Good luck with your Grazia placement! x

    whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely - keep working and I'm sure you will : ) xx

      Delete
  2. What a packed month you've had gal! Congrats for gaining more self confidence - I need some of the that in my life right now! Have fun at Grazia, my friends on a placement there ATM and she's loving it! x

    hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh amazing!! Good to hear she's enjoying it! : ) I wonder if I'll bump into her when I'm there. xx

      Delete
  3. you are definitely going places! just keep on hustling :)

    http://notjessfashion.com/orange-crush/

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS