Sunday, 3 April 2016

Review | DiorSkin Forever Foundation.

Yep, despite trying almost every base product under the sun, I'm still on the quest to find that perfect foundation and I think I'm getting closer to finally finding "the one". For those of you who regularly read my blog you'll know that I'm always on the hunt for a foundation that will be thick enough to hide my blemishes, but light enough to keep any pesky breakouts at bay. I've tried so many products from so many brands but I think DiorSkin Forever Foundation may be the one for me!



I went to a Dior beauty blogging event in Cardiff a few weeks ago and tested out their new formula Forever foundation. I'd actually been using Dior Star Foundation at the time but found it was a little too greasy for me, especially as I was wearing it for the best part of 12 hours a day being in university. I explained to the makeup artist at the Dior counter that I wasn't really happy with it, as it left me looking really shiny and I was having to top up with powder quite often throughout the day. She explained that the formula was probably too oily for my skin type and thought the Forever would be much better, so I took a sample and, a few weeks later, purchased the full thing.

The Diorskin Forever is a fluid foundation that is non-oily to give a matte finish that is said to last the whole day through. Dior claims that this offers 16 hours of perfect coverage giving a bit of a luminous glow, but without that dreaded shine.
"Everlasting 16-hour* perfection from morning to night. A luminous matte finish, flawless correction and exceptional comfort, in all conditions." - Dior.
I have to say I was sceptical. A luminous, glowing foundation that gives a matte finish and that doesn't cause shine as the day goes on? I've heard all this before and have often been left with terribly oily skin and a super shiny T-zone when it comes to removing my makeup in the evening. However, I've been really pleasantly surprised by Forever, and it really does live up to its claims.

The first thing you notice when applying is just how lightweight the foundation is, but with such a good coverage. I usually pump a few spots of the product onto a beauty blender and then apply it all over the face in "buffing" motions. It goes on really nice and evenly, although I do need to add a few more layers to particularly blemished areas. (There are a few acne scars on one of my cheeks so this requires a few more layers.) The whole process takes approximately two minutes to apply and then I add a little concealer under the eyes, and powder across the face to set the makeup and to complete the look.

The foundation itself feels lovely and light on the skin and it really does have that staying power. I do find that I need to add a little powder on particularly oily areas, but I have worn it for at least 12 hours a day the past few weeks and it looks so much better than its Dior Star counterpart. I find with some foundations that my face literally looks as though the makeup is melting off, but with Forever the makeup stays in place really well and looks great. It keeps my blemishes hidden and doesn't crease under the eyes or around the nose. Though, like I said, it does need top ups to keep up with that "everlasting perfection", as it does oxidise towards the end of the day.

Dior also claims that over time, and with continual use, the foundation helps your skin; particularly refining pores and the skins texture with its Powerless Effect Skincare Essence. I really must agree. I've worn the foundation for about four weeks now and have seen a real improvement with my skin. Over the past few months I've had trouble with cysts and blemishes caused by stress, so was a little concerned about purchasing another fluid foundation. I needn't have worried. My skin is so much clearer. I have the odd spot here and there, but there's no huge lumps and bumps or painful pimples, and it even was clear during that time of the month. I'm really impressed and my skin's clearance has meant I need to wear even less of a coverage, which is only going to improve my skin further in time.

If you're looking for an oil-free, matte, full coverage foundation I can't recommend this product enough. It's really ideal for all you foundation lovers out there, and particularly those of you who struggle to find a product that suits your oily/combination skin type. I'm unsure how it would work for those of you with drier skin, but for me it works a treat and I'm really pleased with my new find!


What foundation are you using at the moment?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

25 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I'm going to look into getting a sample to try out! I'm always on the hunt for new foundation as well. Mine are always great at first but then start to look very yellow.

    Samantha xo | Blended to Perfection
    www.blendedtoperfection.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I hate when they start changing colour. This one is lovely : ) xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great foundation to try out! I am definitely still on the hunt for the perfect foundation, may try this one out. Great review!

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good : ) let me know if you try it! xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds so so good! Dior is one of the those brands that I love a lot....but I can't always afford. Thanks for the wonderful review on this!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it is rather pricey, but the products are fantastic. xx

      Delete
  4. This sounds fab! I love the Nars Sheer Glow which sounds kind of similar but it's amazing that this one claims to actually be good for your skin the long run! xx

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I've never tried anything Nars - terrible beauty blogger haha! It is really good actually :) my skin seems a lot clearer. xx

      Delete
  5. Can I just say how cute the packaging of this foundation is?! I'm such a sucker for frosted glass bottles and yep, this ticks all the boxes haha.
    I'm yet to try a high end foundation but I'm glad you've found one to suit you. It can be so draining (and expensive) finding the perfect foundation! x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I know! It's soo nice.. Unfortunately some of the text has started rubbing off :'( but it just shows it's loved haha. You're so right - can be so expensive! I just keep using the foundation even if it doesn't suit so as not to waste money haha xx

      Delete
  6. Fab post lovely, this foundation sounds amazing and I love the fact that it is oil free as I do sometimes have issues with finding a foundation that keeps the oil and shine at bay so will have to pop to my local dior counter soon :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlee : ) it's really good! Let me know what you think. xx

      Delete
  7. I usually use drugstore foundations but I am currently on the hunt for a good high end one! I will definitely have to give this one a try:)

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try this, heard and read so many good things about it. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought this foundation at that event too and I absolutely love it! It has become one of my favorites too which is worrying because obviously I want to use it all the time and it's quite pricey but it's totally worth the money!

    Montse | http://beauteur.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's very true! I love using mine though : ) xx

      Delete
  10. Love using a beauty blender to apply foundation :) I love the sound of this but I tend to like a slightly more dewy finish x
    http://asecondswatch.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! : ) It's not too dewy but I find that I get really oily with dewier looks xx

      Delete
  11. I need to try this. I'm loving one by Chanel at the mo. X

    ♥ Carly's Beauty Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely foundation. I reviewed it a while back.

    http://facetocurls.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one probably isn't for me but I definitely want to try and Dior foundation x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed your review on this luxe foundation and can't wait to try it myself! I am currently using Maybelline Fit Foundation in Soft Honey and Pur Mineral Hydra in Medium/Tan!!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS