Friday, 8 April 2016

Review | Emporio Armani Diamonds Perfume.

Isn't it amazing how strong our sense of smell is? The smell of certain dishes cooking still fills me with dread as it reminds me of moving into student halls, while the scent of a boy's cologne reminds me of Dan, and a whiff of certain perfumes bring memories from across the years flooding back to my brain. Emporio Armani's Diamonds perfume is no exception. I first clapped eyes on this - or should I say nose? - when I was about 14, and my friends and I would go into Boots to try out all the perfumes and leave smelling like a fragrance factory. It's a perfume I absolutely love, and one that I always find myself returning to so when my mum brought it back after a trip to Thailand in the winter I was thrilled. 

The Diamonds EDP has a really distinct packaging that looks super pretty when displayed on a dressing table, especially when it catches the sunlight. It's shaped like a diamond (of course) and fits easily in your hand so spritzing it is simple. While it doesn't have the girly look of Marc Jacobs' perfumes, and isn't quite as classy as Chanel, I personally really like it and it fits the colour scheme of my bedroom perfectly.


The scent itself is gorgeous, and that's probably because it contains notes of three of my favourite fragrances - vanilla on the base, lychee at the heart and rose on top. These are combined with other fruity and floral notes, such as lily of the valley and raspberry, and together they create a beautifully sweet fragrance that is feminine, glamorous and sexy. It really brings back a sense of nostalgia to me, as it reminds me of when I learned to drive and when I passed my A Levels. It's a perfume that I've worn around huge milestones in my life so wearing it gives me a sense of accomplishment, and knowing that I've come far from where I was. It's a crazy way to describe how I feel wearing a perfume, but it is ridiculously true!

The longevity of the scent is really fabulous too. I tend to spritz some onto my collarbones and neck, on the wrists and just behind the ears each morning and can still smell it after a full day's usage. I never top up throughout the day, as I'm usually out and about and don't carry the perfume bottle out with me, so it's great to know that I'm still smelling fresh despite the day I'm having. It also doesn't change scent on my skin as I've found can happen with other perfumes. Each perfume reacts to everyone's skin differently to create a slightly different scent, and I find over time the smell can become sickly and rather overpowering. However, with the Emporio Armani Diamonds perfume the scent still smells as fresh as when you first opened the bottle in months to come - a huge bonus as you don't have to keep repurchasing.

For those of you looking to purchase a new perfume to see in the summer months I can't recommend it enough. It's an absolute favourite of mine and I'm sure once you have a sniff you'll love it too! Priced between £32-£69 for differing sizes, and with no need to constantly top up throughout the day, this perfume will last you months and you'll definitely be getting your moneys worth!

What are your favourite scents?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

12 comments:

  1. The bottle always catches my eye when I'm perfume shopping! So lovely! My sister wears this and it's such a gorgeous scent! xx

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a stunning bottle. This sounds like a gorgeous scent!

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is literally my holy grail perfume! The scent is just gorgeous.
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this before, but it seems really nice!

    You have such a pretty blog! Would you maybe want to follow each other? Let me know by leaving a comment on my blog x

    Lina / lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favourites for Spring and Summer - it's just beautiful xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this perfume!

    http://thefashionache.blogspot.co.uk/

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS