Sunday, 24 April 2016

Review | YSL Touche Eclat Highlighting Pen.


Spring is here – hurrah! The sun has been shining beautifully over the past few days so it’s time to embrace that dewy springtime glow, and what better way to do that than with a gorgeous new highlighter?

I rarely use a highlighter. I use a lighter concealer to create highlights underneath the eyes and faintly on the T-zone in order to contrast against my bronzer and create a kick-ass contour, but I used to receive a glimmering highlight for special occasions. However, I’ve been really admiring the gorgeous glows some beauty bloggers have been achieving with the addition of a subtle highlight, so after attending an Elle Magazine x YSL Beauty Event in Cardiff the other day, I picked up the YSL Touche Eclat with the free voucher they gave us for attending.



If there’s one thing I love about YSL products it’s the packaging and the Touche Eclat is no exception. It usually comes in a gorgeous gold tube, but this particular product is a little different with an “All Lights On Me” slogan that is a limited edition. There are also two other slogans to choose from at present, but I felt like this was really fitting for me. I love the sweep effect too with the slogan in the middle, and the packaging comes complete with the branded luxurious logo on the lid, of course.

The product itself is pumped out of the bottom and comes out of the brush tip really easily. I like to apply in “blobs” on the very top of the cheek bones primarily so that it shimmers when it catches the light, but also under the brows to add to that arch, and to the cupids bow and tip of the nose to define. I then blend using my ring finger to get an even, subtle glow giving a lovely natural finish. I love how easily this applies and a little really goes a long way so I don’t think I’ll be running out of product any time soon.

The highlight looks really lovely on the skin. It’s nothing too extravagant so perfect for every day use, but really buildable too so it will come in perfectly for any summer parties or events. I love how it just defines the face a lot more and I’ve been really impressed with its staying power too, as I’ve been wearing for over twelve hours today and it still looks gorgeous. It’s not as defining as Benefit’s High Beam, which is the highlighter I like to use for nights out, but perfect for everyday use over the summer months.

At £25 this product price is steep and I think I’ll use the whole tube up before I can really make a decision as to whether I would repurchase. It’s a luxury item and great for an indulgent treat, and I’m really enjoying using it, but is it a holy grail? I’m not quite sure. Nevertheless, it does add something a little different to my usual makeup routine and I love the effects it gives. Plus, it looks super cute in my makeup bag!

Have you tried the Touche Eclat?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo

11 comments:

  1. This sounds really wonderful! I agree that the price is high...but it is wonderful that you've been able to try it out.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely but not sure if it is worth the price! xx

      Delete
  2. That price is crazy but I do think it seems like a nice product

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy hah! But it's also lovely : ) xx

      Delete
  3. I love the sound of this you can't beat a good highlight but that price! OUCH! Xx

    OliviaCheryl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Very expensive haha xx

      Delete
  4. This sounds like such a gorgeous subtle glow for everyday use. I guess it is expensive for what it is, but even just the packaging makes it slightly worth it!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm such a sucker for pretty packaging! xx

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed reading your review on this luxe highlighter and can't wait to try this at nearest Sephora or beauty counter!!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds wonderful! A little out of my price range, but your review was lovely ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS