Monday, 16 May 2016

Review | Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy Blush in Plush Petal.

In my opinion, if there's one thing that adds a little extra sparkle to your makeup look, it's a bold and beautiful blush. Perfect for giving paler cheeks a rosy glow now that the sun has finally started gracing us with its presence, and a product that works with all skin colours and types. Today I'm reviewing Estee Lauder's Pure Colour Envy Powder Blush in Petal Plush, and before we get to the nitty gritty details, let me just say it's a product that I'm sure will become a holy grail over the next few months!

First thing's first, I love Estee Lauder. It's a brand I've admired since I bought my first Double Wear Foundation all those years ago, and one that I feel always oozes high-end quality, both in its appearance (talk about #packaginggoals) and in practicality. Yes, I agree, it can be a little pricey. I mean, £29 for a blush is quite extortionate when you consider the wealth of fantastic drugstore blush palettes on the beauty shelves. But if you're looking for luxurious items that are long-lasting, durable and eternally on trend, then Estee Lauder is the brand for you. 
The Pure Colour Envy Powder Blush comes in two shades; Witty Peach, which mixes a bright coral with a bright pink to create a gorgeous summery shade, and Plush Petal, which gives a more subtle yet sweet flush to the cheeks and in my opinion is a product that can be worn in the daytime or evening, and for all occasions. The packaging of the Pure Colour Envy blushes is divine. A gorgeous compact case with a sleek navy lid and gold outlining, as is customary for Estee Lauder products, emulates the brand's deluxe identity. 

The compact also comes with a fairly large mirror that is really clear and great for topping up or applying makeup whilst on the go (ie. when you've stayed up a little too late watching PLL on Netflix the night before and are doing your makeup whilst travelling to work on the bus). It even comes complete with a little blush, which I feel is a great addition as it saves room in your makeup bag for other application products. The brush itself has quite long brush hairs and it can be a little flimsy, so for a more precise finish I would use a brush that is a lot thicker and stronger; but it's great for topping up or adding a little more colour to the cheeks if you're off for drinks with the girls after work. 

Now for the product itself. What I love about it is how it offers a gradient of colour, from a very light, almost white, pink to a deeper, more vibrant shade that's perfect for summer holidays. This means that you have a blush and highlighter in one, so you can use the lighter shades on the top of the cheek bones and under the eyebrows to give a little shimmer, and the deeper shades to sculpt the cheeks. Or, of course, you can blend both together and this is what I tend to do as I love the overall finish.

The pigmentation of the product is really fantastic, and a little goes a long way. Usually a swift stroke of my blusher brush across the pan and then a quick dab of the product onto the cheeks is enough to get that rosy glow, though the product is buildable if you're a fan of a really bold look, or if you're rocking a pink lip for a wedding or summer occasion. The fact that this product is so beautifully pigmented means it's sure to last and I feel this justifies the price tag, as I can see myself using this product for months without coming close to hitting pan.

The powder is also super soft and seamlessly blends onto your face to give a natural finish. I hate those blushers that leave you looking like a clown or a painted doll because they stick to one area of the cheek and don't blend, so the powder's lightweight finish is perfect for me. 

Overall, I'm obsessed with this product and feel the overall quality, durability and pretty packaging justify its hefty price tag. I like to think of buying an Estee Lauder makeup product as an investment. It's a product that you'll use forever and one that will never go out of style!

Have you tried any of Estee Lauder's blushes?
What are your favourite spring/summer blushers?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

13 comments:

  1. This look so stunning, I love the shade x

    Zoe Mountford x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blush looks pretty.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color looks so pretty, a perfect one for summer/spring! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ideal for this time of year! xx

      Delete
  4. I have been wanting to get one of these blushes for a while now. So happy it's worth the splurge!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH this is BEAUTIFUL. Seriously Estee lauder packing is stunning.

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spotted this at the Estee Lauder counter the other day, and was so tempted to buy it! After hearing about how pigmented it is (plus, its gorgeous) it might just have to be a cheeky treatin' purchase!

    Holly | www.thekittyluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my construction business we had a lot of accidents daily. So I would like to search some types of boom liftwhich we prevent for accidents. And also i need some tips for finding aluminium scaffolding

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS