Sunday, 8 May 2016

Review | Sothys Fix and Fresh Mist.

When it comes to makeup I've tried every product type under the sun. I've tested out everything from highlighters to contour palettes and foundations to brow products, but one product type I've had very little experience with is a makeup setting spray. Personally, the thought of spritzing my face with liquid after finalising a makeup look is the last thing on my mind and I always used to worry that it would leave my face looking and feeling very oily and greasy. That was until I tried the Sothys Fix and Fresh Mist
Coming in a tiny 15ml bottle this mist is the perfect solution for those of us ladies who suffer with oily skin types and are looking for something to keep our makeup in place all day everyday, especially with the lovely weather we're experiencing at the moment. The packaging is somewhat basic, coming in a small glass-like bottle with black text, but it's tiny enough to fit in your handbag, or even your purse, so great for freshening up your makeup throughout the day. 

I firstly started using the Sothys Fix and Fresh Mist on my face to finalise my makeup routine. I use about three spritz - on the centre and either side of my face - and find that this was enough to ensure my whole face was completely covered. It feels quite wet at first, but quickly absorbs into the skin thanks to its hydrating agent. I was worried that it would leave my face feeling oily and adding a hydrating agent would cause excess moisture, but I'm pleased to report it does the opposite. This is thanks to the natural oat extracts, which give a smoothing effect to set your makeup perfectly. It almost has a mattifying effect which I really love. 

I was really pleased with the overall results, and was using this daily when working in London. Often I'd be wearing makeup for at least 12 hours a day, and rarely had to touch up. I'm sure this is due to finally finding a foundation that suits my skin type (read my review on the Dior Forever foundation here), but it is no doubt enhanced by using a setting spray that helps to seal makeup in place. 

Having seen such great results through spraying my makeup, I started then spritzing some of the Sothys Fix and Fresh Mist onto my brushes and makeup sponges and found applying product with damp tools helped to achieve a really flawless finish. It does feel strange applying product with such wet tools onto your skin, but the results are great and the mist really has a gluing effect to set the products in place. 

As I was given this product to try whilst interning I'm unsure of the exact UK price, though I believe it to be around the £20 mark, which I do find is rather pricey. Nevertheless, it's a new product, which came out this spring, and it has really changed my thoughts about setting sprays and makeup mists. Now I'm sure I will go on to try out more and am very impressed with its overall finish!

What are your favourite face mists?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

8 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing!!! I have always suffered with oily skin and have been trying to find something that would help my makeup to stay put! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good : ) let me know how you find it. xx

      Delete
  2. I am obsessed with fixing sprays now, and feel weird if I don't use one! I love the sound of this, but I've never heard of it so I'll give to keep an eye out for it xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it either but it's really good : ) xx

      Delete
  3. I can see why this sort of product would appeal to oilier skin types - mine's super dry so a spray that moisturizes is good for me :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I see! This one is great for oily skin types. xx

      Delete
  4. Ah another thing to try in my quest for oil free skin by lunchtime! I just bought the La Roche Posay stuff so am excited to see if that makes any difference too.

    Katie.
    xx ❤ La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the La Roche Posay range! Let me know how you find it : ) xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS