Friday, 10 June 2016

Back to blogging | Future Plans For All Things Beautiful.

I'm baaaaaaaack and this time I'm back for good, and my god it feels bloody great! I've just submitted my last ever essay and my degree is almost over (I still have a Masters Thesis to work on over the summer) so I can finally get back to business when it comes to All Things Beautiful. I seriously have missed this little space so much, and seeing so many lovely bloggers doing so incredibly well has just motivated me to get back in the game now that I actually have the time. 
These past few months have been unbelievably gruelling. I knew when signing up for the course that we were going to be pushed to our limits, but deadlines were never-ending and the majority of my time was spent either working or sleeping. I've hardly seen friends or family members, and the only bit of "me time" I've actually had is working out, so sadly my little blog had to take a back seat. I tried my best to continue posting regularly throughout my studies and, apart from the two weeks I was working at Grazia, I've posted at least once a week which I'm really proud of. I did really miss regularly reading blogs and writing posts though. This is my space to fuel my love and passion for writing and creativity, and it feels so great to finally have the time to dedicate everything to it.

I've now been blogging for three years, and in that time I feel I've really developed my blogging skills and have seen my little space grow into something that others enjoy reading (hopefully as much as I enjoy writing). Now that I'm leaving the bubble of university life and entering the big wide world, I want to really progress my little outlet, so for today's post I thought I'd share with you the future plans and goals I have for All Things Beautiful.

1. A brand new look

I absolutely loved my blog layout and I feel it really fitted well with how my blog was progressing when I had it revamped last year, but now I feel my blog is taking a totally different direction. I'm experimenting more with lifestyle and fashion posts, and want my blog to reflect how I've personally developed this year. Is it weird to say that in a year you feel that you've grown so much? I feel I've become more confident and more independent - not being scared to try new things and to experience as much as I possibly can - so I want my blog to reflect that, if at all possible.

2. More look book and fashion posts

This is something that I've wanted to feature on my blog for so long - it's just been a case of actually finding the time and someone to take the photographs. I absolutely love clothes, and am forever buying new pieces and collating new outfits, so I'm really keen to actually feature look books on here over the next few months. I just find that when I'm trying to get some decent photography pictures that I look like a complete idiot, especially when other fashion bloggers' look books are the equivalent to a magazine photo shoot! *insert heart eyes emoji here* Definitely something to work on...

3. Further improve my photography

I've been working super hard on my photography over the past year or so, and am so pleased with how it's progressed since I started blogging. I mean, I've definitely improved since the "blurred flatlay of a makeup product being totally enhanced by the dingy university house lighting" days, so I really want to continue to work on this over the next few months. I've also been working really hard on my Instagram feed and feel I've finally found my mojo when it comes to the app. Anyone else find it incredibly hard to build a following on there? My Instagram completely reflects my life and the daily things I get up to, with some blogging bits thrown in between, so I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea. Nevertheless, it's nice to see some progress after working so hard on it.

4. A little bit of lifestyle

Lifestyle posts and daily life rambles are my absolute favourites to read. I'm so nosey (hey, I'm a trainee journalist after all) and particularly love seeing pretty pictures of places people have explored and cute little trips they've been on so want to write a lot more over the next few months. I've been incorporating more lifestyle posts over the years and want to dip my toes into lifestyle blogging a little more. I also love how they are a great way to look back on all you've been up to.

5. Continue growing my social media channels

Okay, yes I know it's not all about the numbers but I would love to see my social media channels hitting some major milestones by the end of the summer. I'm forever tweeting and, as I said earlier, I have been working really hard on my Instagram so if my stats could hit 3,000 on Twitter and 2,000 on Instagram by the end of the summer I'd be unbelievably happy. Small numbers for some, but absolutely huge for me!

6. Bring it back to beauty with makeup tutorials

All Things Beautiful started out as a beauty blog and that's definitely not going to change. While I've been rambling on about how I want to incorporate more fashion and beauty I'm still going to be bringing you all of the beauty reviews and would absolutely love to incorporate more beauty looks too. I'm not quite ready to venture into YouTube just yet, and honestly I'm not sure I ever will be as I love the beauty and expression that comes with writing, but step by step tutorials are next on my list. 

So that's that - a lot of exciting changes and developments, and things I hope you'll enjoy as much as I'm sure I will love creating them. It's quite scary to think that after August I will never be bogged down by education again, and the thought of job hunting is as terrifying as it is exciting. But at least I'll always have this little blog to fall back on. 

What would you like to see on ATB?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

26 comments:

  1. I have also started blogging again after a long time as this year has been really hectic. Looking forward for future posts from you and good luck with your thesis :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Sarah! : ) I hope you're enjoying being back to blogging xx

      Delete
  2. Yay!! So excited to see the changes in your blog. I love it as is, but I'm sure it can only get better ^_^

    Katie // Words By Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! That's made my day : ) xx

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing all of the changes!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for getting through it! That photo of you is so pretty! x

    Natasha Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahaha i am trying so hard to maintain a white theme on my ig feed but is failing miserably!! i can't contain myself when i have dark great pictures!!
    anyway keep working on the blog..i just discovered it but i do like it a lot and i'll keep following you(:

    xx from Brighton
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | youtube | Enter my Charlotte Tilbury GIVEAWAY here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally the same haha - I just post whatever I like now! Thank you so much. xx

      Delete
  6. Glad you are back!! Beautiful photos!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippersblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, this post makes me happy! It is always exciting when you update. And it sounds like you have a lot of amazing ideas for your blog. I am all for more lifestyle posts....because I love reading them! Super exciting :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Shannon! : ) You're always so kind with your lovely comments - they make my day! xx

      Delete
  8. So many exciting things planned! Can't wait to read them all I'll make sure to find you on Bloglovin :) The Blonde B

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad your back and have a plan to up your game! Your blog is perfect in every way but I'm excited to see what changes you make :)
    Also it's crazy how fast this year of your study has gone,I'm still stupidly proud of you.

    Sarah xoSee The Stars

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm new to your blog but excited to see so many changes! I recently changed my blogs design, from the original one that I'd shoddily put together myself and although I'd still like to make some tweaks, I'm so much happier with it! And I can so relate with photography - I look back and cringe at the ones I thought were good back in the day! I think it's probably my favourite aspect of blogging, actually thinking of putting together another Blog Photography Tips post! Looking forward to seeing your changes

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by lovely : ) Haha I'm totally the same! I think we all are! xx

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you have some great plans for your blog! I love when you feel super productive and enthusiastic. Can't wait to see what's in store :) x

    Sinead | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with your targets lovely! I always set monthly targets and find that it really helps to motivate me so I'm sure you can do it xx

    Gemma • Miss Makeup Magpie ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma : ) I think it's definitely something I'm going to start doing! xx

      Delete
  13. I have so much respect for you completing your masters and good luck with your thesis! I love to see some more fabulous food pictures and posts which are very fun!!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yaay so glad you're back! I've just been nosing on Instagram instead. Excited to see your fashion posts though, been loving the Insta versions xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS