Wednesday, 22 June 2016

CARDIFF DEBENHAMS BEAUTY EVENT.

One of the loveliest things about being a blogger is getting the chance to attend beauty blogging events and having a sneak peek into upcoming products and trends. It's an opportunity to meet likeminded people and to become completely engrossed in the blogosphere and the beauty industry, so I welcomed the invitation to attend Cardiff Debenhams' Beauty Event last month with open arms. I was in the midst of revision hell and a night away from my law and politics notes, being surrounded by beauty products seemed like my idea of heaven!

The event itself was organised by St David's (Cardiff's huge shopping mall) and it was a lovely intimate event with about six of us bloggers. I really love small, relaxed events like this, as it's a great way to actually get to know other bloggers and to have the chance to chat. Some events can get so hectic, leaving very little opportunity to speak to others, so it's always nice to get the time to talk. We were all gathered together for a beauty tour of some of Debenhams' most prestige beauty brands with talks, demonstrations and makeup testing galore. 

We started the evening at Estée Lauder where we learned all about achieving that perfect complexion. This is something I really struggle with as I'm plagued by pesky breakouts, especially around exam season, and also have horrible scars left on my cheeks from said breakouts. I usually use Clinique skincare products (and found they were really incredible! Read more here) but was really intrigued by Estée Lauder's range. I'm a huge fan of the brand anyway, and I love their whole luxury ethos, but their skincare seems like a dream. 

We were shown a simple skincare regime to help cleanse the skin, and one of the products I was really intrigued by was the Advanced Night Microcleansing Foam. I like to do an extra little pampering in the evening to ensure my skin is completely clean before heading to bed, and this sounds like a product I should definitely try out. It helps to remove makeup and impurities, even down to pollution, so perfect for busy ladies working in a city.

We were also shown one of Estée Lauder's newest products, and one that I find really exciting, the Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery Powerfoil Mask. Essentially, this is a hydrating mask made of foil that helps to revitalise and rejuvenate the skin through creating a protective barrier that locks in moisture. We were given a little sample of the mask to try on our hands, and the difference after about twenty minutes was incredible. The skin felt soft and supple, and the pigmentation was completely refreshed and clear, with no blotches or marks. These masks are quite pricey, but a lovely treat nonetheless.

After primping our complexion, we headed to Dior for a makeup demonstration using one of my favourite products of the moment, the DiorSkin Forever foundation. This is a product I was introduced to at another Dior Beauty Blogging event, and I've completely fallen in love with it. I use it daily to achieve a flawless face and it has such a lovely coverage and finish, but without leaving my skin feeling too oily and greasy. We were also treated to a glass of bubbly and had a lovely chat with Dior's MUA, Anthony, who is one of the loveliest and most helpful MUAs I know. I even introduced him to my mum when I went shopping to pick up some more of the Forever foundation a little while ago, and my mum was singing his praises for the rest of the day!


Next we headed to Urban Decay and were greeted by two of my favourite things, the incredible range of UD eyeshadow palettes and some yummy cupcakes. Seriously, if you've never tried any UD products then I order you to go onto the Debenhams website immediately and order something right away - any product will do! We actually all discussed our favourite products from the brand and none of us could pinpoint just one single product we loved. We all had a list as long as our arm.

\
The girls from UD (understandably) had such amazing eye makeup, and they were all for inspiring and encouraging us to rock bright shades and to experiment with new eyeshadow looks and colours. I've since been reaching for those bolder shades when doing my daily makeup routine, and it's amazing how good a little colour can make you feel! Their newest Alice Through The Looking Glass Palette is also an absolute beauty, but I can't seem to find it in stock anywhere...


Last, but certainly not least, we headed to YSL to talk all things eyes. YSL is a brand that I'm slowly trying more of and one that I'm never disappointed by. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous - so classy and luxurious - and their products are pretty darn amazing too. Some of their newest products are their Vinyl Couture Mascaras. Again, these are beauty products all about making the most of the eyes and going bold and bright through using coloured mascaras that are bound to make a statement. This is because the colours come in blue, pink and even gold - yep, that's right gold lashes

If there's one thing I learned at this beauty event, is that it's good to experiment and it's good to stand out when it comes to your makeup looking fleeky flawless. Makeup is definitely an amazing art form, and a way to make you feel more confident and self-assured, so I'm really determined to step out of my comfort zone and to try out these bold looks that I've been shown.

What beauty brands are you loving?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

11 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Love the cupcakes :) Sophie x

    https://stylestarsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this seems like it was such a lovely event! Debenhams are home to so many beauty brands, you usually forget when you're actually out and about shopping. x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was : ) Ahh I know! I'm spoiled for choice whenever I shop there. xx

      Delete
  3. Looks like so much fun! So many gorgeous products to see :)
    Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fun, makeup event esp the foil moisturizing mask and UD Alice palette! Plus, it helps have cupcakes on hand!!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Defo - love the cupcakes! xx

      Delete
  5. This looks like an amazing event, the cupcakes are making me drool! Yeah... I'm that girl haha

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - that was me! Just waiting for us to head over there so I could go grab one! xx

      Delete
  6. I always use baby shampoo and my hands, works well. Or if the brushes aren't all that dirty: make-up remover wipes or baby towelettes.

    anti cellulite gel

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS