Thursday, 2 June 2016

May 2016 | A little lifestyle ramble...


Firstly, where the f*!k did May go? And secondly, I want to apologise for the millionth time about my lack of blogging lately. I have less than a week (four days actually) until my final exams for my Masters, so blogging has sadly had to take a back seat this past month, and I'm missing it so much. I  haven't actually been on a computer in about three days - which is seriously odd for someone who spends their life on their laptop - and I just don't have the time to read and write at the moment. This time next week, however, I will be exam-free and will be hopping back on the blogging bandwagon once more. I can't bloody wait! I have so many blogging bits planned for you all!
May was a bit of a whirlwind of a month if I'm honest, but it was the only time this year that I've felt that time was dragging. After having such an amazing time on placements in Bristol and London in April, I came back down to Earth with a bump and headed back to university armed with books full of revision notes ready for my finals. I've spent most of my time sat at my desk or out in the garden revising this month if I'm honest, and it feels like I've been revising for an eternity. Although, when I was compiling photos for this post it made me realise that I actually have made quite a lot of lovely memories in May, most of them surrounding delicious food!

As Dan was still away I managed to see a lot of my friends this month which was so nice, as I hadn't seen some of them since my birthday back in January. I also celebrated my friend's birthday back in my hometown (which resulted in me stumbling home at quarter to 4 in the morning; something I haven't done since I was in my first year of uni!) and I met friends for food and for little walks around the park which was lovely. 

I headed to Cardiff Bay with my housemates for cocktails one night, and I think it was only then I realised that in just two weeks I will be leaving Cardiff and moving home. It took me so long to settle in here and I would say it's only really been this year that I've felt like Cardiff is homely and somewhere I could definitely live in the future. Now that's all coming to an end and, while the last few years I was dying to get back home for the summer, I feel unbelievably sad. Two of my housemates are moving into a flat down in Cardiff Bay, and I have no real plan of action ahead of me so it's all rather overwhelming. I'm trying to take each day in my stride and trying not to worry about the future too much, but for someone who plans every aspect of their life down to the minute detail, it's a little, okay very, unnerving. 

I spent a lot of time with my mam this month too and she really has been amazingly good to me since Dan went away. Dan and I often go out for walks and for yummy food and just road trips to the beach, so I've been dragging my mum with me and it's been so nice to spend time with her. I even took her on our "classic date", where we go for food in our favourite pub followed by a walk on the beach after! I've really loved having her company. 

Another thing I've done this month is really upped my fitness regime. I'm feeling really strong, fit and healthy at the moment, and that's even with a few treats in between, and it's definitely something I want to keep up over the summer as I find I'm always really focused on my health and exercise during university, but I start eating little snacks and eating out too much when I get home. I also ran almost 10km with my mum so I'm now feeling inspired to doing a 10km charity run this summer. I just need to sign up...

Finally, the most exciting part of the month happened only last week as Dan finally came home from his travels. It's been almost three months since I last saw him, which was really strange as we saw each other once a week at the very least and it was so difficult at the start. The first week he went I actually felt like I was going through a break up, which was absolutely ridiculous as we talked every day, but it felt like he was going forever. Honestly though, as time went on, it became easier and I almost got used to him being away, but seeing his face when I got off the train from Cardiff last Friday was the best feeling ever. It may sound cliché, but it felt like we'd never even been apart (soppy or what?). I'm so happy he's home at last and I've already warned him he's not to go travelling again - unless it's with me, of course!

June is set to be an exciting month. I'm going to be finishing university, my dad is flying home from Canada, I'm going to see Beyoncé in concert and I've made lots of plans to drink lots of cocktails with my friends. Dan and I are also hoping to book a little getaway some time soon, which I feel is much needed after all this university stress and as we have been apart for so long, and I'm hoping that the weather stays nice and sunny here in Wales for me to actually get outside and enjoy it!

What have you been up to in May?
Lots of love,
Jessie. xoxo

18 comments:

  1. I love this post! I know the feeling - I'm in my final year and May was a challenging time for me because I was completing my assessments. However I've been staying positive and trying to focus on the future.

    Good luck with everything!

    Chichi
    http://chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much : ) Well done on finishing! I bet it was an amazing feeling! xx

      Delete
  2. Hey, I understand you have to be a GIRL BOSS first in getting your Masters, then you will be free for your blog! Never be sorry for putting your education first!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I'm glad he is home, 3 months is a looong time!! I hope the studies will go well, you'll be so happy when they are done!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely : ) I really can't wait to finish them now! xx

      Delete
  4. Seriously...where *did* May go? It's crazy how quickly the month flew by! Your pictures are gorgeous - and it was so great to hear all about your month. SO great that Dan is back now. You must be so so happy :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Thanks so much : ) Yes I am very happy haha! xx

      Delete
  5. Great post, I'm in shock too at how fast time is going.. never mind May, where did the last 5 months go? I can't believe we're half way through the year already! Please do visit my blog if you get the chance, I love seeing new faces on it! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree - it's going way too quickly! Thank you hun xx

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your exams Jessie! I bet you can't wait until it's all over. Xx

    ♥ Carly Susanne - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I really can't wait! xx

      Delete
  7. Such a great post! And you're absolutely right, time is passing so fast! Let's hope summer will feel a little bit longer :)
    xx, Carmen - http://www.carmitive.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope June will be an amazing month for you! Good luck with everything!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete



  9. I have seen your awareness about this theme when you post it and it really gives an informational message to us readers. I am hoping that you will continue writing this kind of blog. Thanks for sharing this information.
    please commnet back sis <3
    Gaya modern

    Sepatu Cewek

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog via Twitter and thought I'd leave a comment to say hi! I'm also upping my fitness game after a long year of university assignments and my blog is slowly coming back into my life too :) xxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS