Saturday, 25 June 2016

Review | Chanel Le Blanc De Chanel Illuminating Base.

Ahh, it's that time of year again. Pollen levels are high, the sun has dipped behind a raincloud that is on the verge of a downpour, and the humidity is so stifling it feels like you're walking through fire. My face during this type of weather - and for the majority of the summer, actually -  is sweaty and oily, with my makeup constantly being rubbed off thanks to weepy eyes and a runny, sneezy nose caused by an almighty bout of hay fever. Attractive, right? 

During the summer months, more than ever, it really is all products on deck when it comes to making sure my makeup stays flawless for the whole day. I'm talking all the powder, and all the primer, and a product I've really been loving to give my face a little helping hand is Chanel De Blanc De Chanel Multi-Use Illuminating Base


I actually received this product after my internship at Grazia and was seriously excited. I've used Chanel perfumes before (and have loved them) but apart from trying out a foundation a little while back, I've never really tried any products from the brand. The reasons why? I'm not quite sure. Perhaps it's because the price tags are a little out of my reach, especially as I've been on a student budget for the last few years, but I was really excited to get my hands on something new!

The Le Blanc De Chanel Base can be used in four different ways. You can use it as a concealer to help hide redness and dark circles; as a primer to ensure your foundation stays in place; as an illuminating base directly under foundation to give a little glow; and as a highlighter, on top of foundation to enhance your makeup. I personally use it as a primer and illuminating base, and have been really impressed!

The product itself is completely opaque, and can be squeezed onto the hands from its handy little pump. I will say that the pump on mine can be a little leak and does sometimes need wiping, but it's nothing catastrophic and hasn't leaked all over my makeup bag. I usually squeeze about four pumps onto my hands and apply the product directly onto the face before applying my foundation, massaging it all over the cheeks, foreheads, nose and chin with my fingertips. 

The feel of the product is lovely on the skin and perfect for applying makeup. It almost feels like a glue on first application, which I love as this means it will help to ensure my foundation applies evenly and sets well. It sinks into the skin rather nicely and really does give my base makeup a lovely finish. The product has liquorice and witch hazel extract to minimise pores and even out the skin's texture, and I can definitely vouch for these claims. I'm prone to blemishes and have horrid pores on my nose and have really seen a difference after applying. It's almost like it works to blur your impurities, which is always a bonus in my book. 

While the texture of the primer is amazing, the thing I love most about it is how it illuminates the skin and makes all traces of redness and dark circles vanish. I don't actually suffer too badly with darker patches under the eyes, but do have quite red blotches around my nose and on certain areas of the cheeks due to acne scarring. It acts like a colour corrector, evening out the complexion and giving the perfect base for which to make up the rest of your face. I have to say, I've been really impressed. 

The longevity of my makeup after using the Le Blanc De Chanel Primer has been great, though it does admittedly feel oily and look a little shiny after a long day at work. Personally though, I think that's because of the powder I've been using to set my foundation and am currently on the hunt for another (any tips welcome!). I do love how easily my foundation applies with the help of this product. It's an even and flawless finish, and I feel really weird now if I accidentally skip the primer step and head straight to the foundation. My face feels all caked and not silky smooth!

Would I pay the £33 price tag? I'm not completely sure. Yes, it's a really great product with pretty packaging, and it gives a seriously impressive base, but if I found a cheaper alternative that does the job I would opt for that. That being said, you do only need the teeniest amount to completely cover the face, so it's sure to last for a long time.

Now I'm desperate to try some more Chanel products!
What are your favourite primers?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I'm huge lover on Chanel and I'm actually planning a post on one of my favorite perfumes. However, I enjoyed reading this review, I might get this product now it looks great :) x

    http://beautiliciousd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Chanel too : ) I'm glad you enjoyed reading lovely xx

      Delete
  2. Perfect timing! I am currently looking for this. Do you have some recommendation for a tinted moisturizer as well?

    -Deej
    http://www.foxmystyle.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS