Sunday, 12 June 2016

Review | Janina Ultra White Sensitive Toothpaste* #NationalSmileMonth

If there's one thing I'm grateful for in life, it's braces. While my teeth may be straight now, I spent the majority of my teenage years rocking a "brace face", which involved lots of sleepless nights, the development of a resting bitch face as I just did not want to smile and terribly swollen lips having cut the insides of them on the metal. I even had two operations to move my teeth around where I had to go under general anaesthetic, so the day I had my braces taken off and was left with a straight, white smile was one of the best days of my life. It's amazing how much more confident you feel when you have a nice smile so when toothpaste brand Janina asked me to get involved in #NationalSmileMonth I jumped at the chance!

National Smile Month runs from 16th May - 16th June, and is all about promoting good oral health. The campaign, fronted by oral health charity Oral Health Foundation, wants to raise awareness about brushing your teeth at morning and last thing at night with a fluoride toothpaste, cutting down on sugary snacks and drinks and to ensure you attend regular check ups with your dentist.
I was asked to try out Janina's Ultra White Sensitive Toothpaste which is something I was really looking forward to doing. I have always wanted whiter teeth, but do not want to use harsh chemicals and can't stand the thought of swilling coconut oil around my mouth for twenty minutes each day in a bid to get a whiter smile. The Ultra White Sensitive Toothpaste sounded perfect for me. Something that whitens my teeth and combats sensitivity? Yes please!

The Janina Ultra White Sensitive Toothpaste has a unique formula that ensures good oral hygiene by helping to break down bacteria, lowers sensitivity and helps to achieve whiter teeth without causing any damage to the tooth's enamel. It contains a combination of natural enzymes taken from fruit, including Bromelaine from Pineapple and Papin from Papaya, to create a Whitening Patented Bromaine Complex. Simply put, this means it uses these fruity enzymes to whiten the teeth naturally, with very low abrasion so as to protect your teeth from any potential damage caused by teeth whitening.

I was really excited to try this product and my first impressions were that the tube itself is very big meaning you get a lot of product for the £11.25 price tag. It's far pricier than other toothpaste brands, but I was looking forward to seeing if it did its job as a teeth whitener. I used the product twice (sometimes three times) daily in the morning and just before bed, and have seen some really great results! But first, let's talk the basics...

You barely need to use any product, apart from a pea-sized squeeze onto your toothbrush, to leave your teeth feeling squeaky clean and your mouth feeling funky fresh. The paste itself has a lovely minty taste, which is left in your mouth afterwards and can sometimes cause the eyes to water because of how strong it is. I love that though as I feel my mouth is completely clean.

The paste also claims to reduce sensitivity to "heat, cold, contact and acids" and I would definitely say my sensitivity has improved, although by how much I'm not completely sure. My teeth aren't horrendously sensitive and I usually only get sensitivity when eating gooey or sticky and hot foods, such as chocolate cake, but have noticed a definite improvement. It's great because I can now enjoy my chocolate cake without that horrible painful sensation rushing through my teeth (but still with the guilt, of course).

The most important thing I wanted to get out of the toothpaste, however, was a brighter, whiter smile and I was amazed by how quickly the results developed. If I'm completely honest, I was a little sceptical as I have used tooth whitening toothpastes in the past and have felt slightly let down having noticed no real improvement. With the Janina Ultra Whitening Sensitive Toothpaste, the results were almost instant. Within a week I'd noticed a slight change and by week 3 there was such an amazing difference. You can see for yourselves in the photograph below.

These photographs were all taken directly after brushing in the morning and directly in front of a window. They have not been edited or filtered, and the difference in skin tone is dependant on whether I have or haven't got makeup on (just to show you that there was a fair test!). I haven't seen as much of a change between weeks 3 to 6, but my teeth have been kept nice and bright and I really love how this product has worked. I'm so pleased at how a product can create such a change in such a short space of time.

I've still got heaps of toothpaste left in the tube, which I'm sure will last another two weeks or so, and combining the longevity of the product with the results I will definitely be purchasing Janina Ultra White in the future. For me, it's definitely worth the expense as it's given me a lovely white smile without the hassle. For those of you who are looking to get whiter teeth, I would definitely recommend this product and you can also buy in bundles which helps to reduce the cost a little.

Have you tried any teeth whitening products?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

* These products were sent for review. 

14 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your dental health post and great pictures of your teeth and toothpaste results which is helpful to see if other want to try this brand!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ursula : ) I'm glad you enjoyed reading. xx

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of this hun, who doesn't want lovely bright teeth but mine are really sensitive so I tend to avoid anything whitening. Really need to try this out!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good : ) I'm sure you would like it lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. I love that you included before/after pictures of you teeth - there really is such a noticeable difference! Can't wait to get my hands on a tube!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice - I think you definitely need to see the pictures to see if the paste has done its job! xx

      Delete
  4. Wow, this definitely looks like it's worked! I can relate to brace face etc as I only had my 2nd lot of braces off last year! Xx

    ♥ Carly Susanne - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been brilliant! : ) Ahh so worth it though aren't they? xx

      Delete
  5. OMG! What a difference!! I have been thinking about teeth whitening recently. I'll have to look into this more!

    Eb x

    www.eboniivory.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

  6. Incredible, but true God is always Great. After several releases of my application by the bank, I received a loan through a very kind lady. For more information, please contact her by e-mail at: mickaelducobet@gmail.com it offers loans of € 3,000 to € 3,000,000 to anyone able to repay it with interest at a low rate of 2 % do not doubt that message. This is a perfect reality. Spread the word to friends and family who are in need.
    repayment begins five months after receiving your credit
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS