Sunday, 3 July 2016

June 2016 | The End of an Era.

I don't know if you guys enjoy reading these lifestyle posts as much as I enjoy writing them, but there's nothing more therapeutic than writing down everything in your mind as it happens and then looking back on it in a few months/years time to see just how far you've come and how things have changed. I personally love reading bloggers' monthly roundups (probably as I'm really nosey) and as my blog doubles up as a personal, online journal, I'm going to continue writing them in the hope that others enjoy reading mine too!

June has been a whirlwind of a month, and one that honestly feels as though it's been several years long. I can't believe how much has changed in the matter of four weeks. It honestly feels as though I'm starting the next chapter in my life now that university is over which is super exciting, but also slightly terrifying. I've always been protected by the bubble that is education, spending the first 18 years of my life in school and the next four years in university. Now that's all over and I'm looking ahead to making it in the real world. I know it's going to be incredibly fun and well worth the worry in the long-run, but as I currently have no solid plans in place it does make me a little nervous 

Celebrating the end of exams

The first two weeks of June were mainly spent sat at my desk surrounding by textbooks, pens and notebooks as I studied for my law and politics exams. I'm someone who is interested in the creative side of media. I love writing, photography, designing, pitching ideas and developing brands - not studying law and politics. It was also so beautifully sunny during the time I was revising (and has rained pretty much non-stop ever since), but I worked incredibly hard and whether I pass or fail at least I can say I tried my best.

After the exams were sat and the revision was all over, I got straight to celebrating! I went out with my coursemates, celebrated with my housemates and went out for dinner with my mam and boyfriend. It was really lovely to feel that sense of relief that exams were over and so nice to relax and just let loose for a little while. I've spent the majority of this year studying (and still have a thesis to write that's due two months today) so it was lovely to go out and enjoy myself without the thought of studies and revision on my mind! 

Leaving Cardiff and university

After a wonderful nine months living with my housemates it was time to say goodbye to Cardiff and all the memories made here. Looking back at how much I've grown and developed in confidence and self-esteem over the past four years at university is astonishing. In my first year I was nervous to catch a train on my own, and now I'm whizzing up and down the country (whizzing isn't perhaps the best word to describe Arriva Trains Wales) without a care in the world. During my time at Cardiff I've gained a First Class Honours Bachelors and a Masters Degree, provided I pass my exams and dissertation, and the skills and things I've learnt have undoubtedly prepared me for my chosen career path and life beyond education. I'm incredibly grateful for the times spent here and all the troubles and worries I've overcome, as well as for the wonderful friends I've made.

I also went to see Queen B at the end of this month, which was freakin' incredible. I've always enjoyed Beyonce's music but wouldn't say I'm a crazy, insane fan. That was until I say her on stage. She was incredible, flawless, slayin', fantastic, amazing.. (*insert every possible positive adjective under the sun here*). The perfect way to end a fab year with my housemates!

Being home

There's nothing more beautiful than Wales in the summertime. Beautiful blue skies, rolling hills, golden beaches... It's like living in an exotic country but with my friends and family surrounding me. Admittedly, clear and sunny days are few and far between, but when the sun does peep out from behind the clouds it really is something to behold. My thesis involves proposing a new Welsh travel magazine, and I've been out photographing and gathering information from Pembrokeshire and the surrounding areas, and it really makes me so grateful to have grown up in such a beautiful place.

What have you been up to this month?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

* Pssst! Keep up to date with all my photographs by following me on Instagram!

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the Arriva trains, they're hit and miss! June sounds like a great month for you, good luck moving out of Cardiff Jessie xx

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So annoying aren't they! Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing those exams and you saw Queen B how awesome is that?!!! Enjoy the next chapter of your life after college/university! :)

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely a big adjustment. I remember after I graduated from university.... I had no clue where to begin. But you will do amazing things! I know it :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so lost haha.. Thank you lovely! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS