Sunday, 24 July 2016

OOTD | Summer Wedding.

Wow! Life has been pretty hectic lately and I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I last posted on here. I spent the past week in Mid Wales, working as a runner for BBC Wales at the Royal Welsh Show, and returned home on Thursday night feeling incredibly tired and in good need of a  piping hot shower and my lovely snuggly bed. The next day, however, I was up bright and early to get glammed up for my cousin's wedding and what a wonderful day it was. 

I love weddings. I love the beautiful venues, the flowers, the outfits and seeing families coming together to celebrate the love found between two individuals who, if their paths hadn't crossed, could well be just strangers. I also absolutely love getting dressed up for a wedding. It's the perfect excuse to get your glad rags on, and this time I opted for this gorgeous floral dress from Lipsy. It's actually two years old as I wore it for a summer ball in university, but as it's so pretty and I'm on a tight budget as I save up for the next chapter of my life, it would be rude not to bring it out of the wardrobe again. 
I chose to keep the accessories simple, opting for a matching blue/teal bag which I bought on a market stall in Greece, and some nude heels from Miss Selfridge. It's amazing how you can "recycle" outfits so easily and create completely different looks with some different accessories. I used to be obsessed with buying new outfits for absolutely every occasion, which left me with an overflowing wardrobe and an empty purse. Now though, I keep my pennies for making memories and re-use dresses in my wardrobe that have only been worn once. 

I actually attended the wedding as my mum's "date", as my dad is back working in Canada and it was his cousin's wedding. We had the most wonderful day catching up with my dad's side of the family who I don't get to see as often. The wedding was held in the tiniest little chapel in the heart of the Welsh hills, with a little tea party with vintage tea cups and cake held in the vestry afterwards, while the reception was held in the beautiful Corran Resort and Spa and came complete with a pick-n-mix stand, delicious food, live bands and vintage floral arrangements. It really was so beautiful.

What do you think of this outfit?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Your outfit is lovely! Perfect for special summer occasion! x
    Coconut Couture xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress, you look lovely! I've done the same and dug out some lovely dresses which have not been worn enough!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmin :) Ahh it's so pointless just spending money for the sake of it, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely day Jessie! Love this dress, and it definitely gives me hope for recycling all my ball dresses that I've bought during uni but are hiding in my wardrobe as I still feel like it's too soon to bring them out again haha. Love these nude heels too :) x
    Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte : ) I think I've recycled all of my ball dresses so there is hope for us all haha. Thanks for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  4. You look so stunning, such a babe! X
    http://www.britishmermaid.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is absolutely beautiful, you looked amazing! Hope you had a fab day xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tam, I had a lovely day xx

      Delete
  6. At my wedding, all the guests (literally, all) told me how the food surpassed all expectations, since wedding food generally sucks. The brisket at Malibu wedding venues was mind-blowing. My husband also had some custom choices for food that the chef easily made and incorporated.

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS