Friday, 5 August 2016

July 2016 | Beauty favourites.

It's quite odd writing this post all about the beauty products I loved whilst on holiday, as the weather has changed dramatically here and it's currently pouring down outside and I'm draped in a dressing gown and fluffy socks! But nevertheless I wanted to get this little post up today, because I've been absolutely loving these products the past few weeks, and I couldn't wait to share them with you all. 
I always say this but there really is nothing better than a sweet, summery perfume that reminds you of a trip away. Every spritz brings back lovely memories and this perfume always reminds me of my holiday to Bulgaria (read all about it here), as I used to wear it each evening for dinner after a day lounging at the pool. The bottle epitomises summer. It's bright and pretty with a palm tree leaf indented into the glass and it's also sleek, so easy to hold and it looks lovely on your dressing table. The scent is absolutely lovely too, thanks to its top notes of lime mojito and base notes of woody cedar. Who doesn't want to smell like a walking fruity cocktail?!

I bloody love this blush. I went through a phase of having bright (and I mean bright) pink cheeks when I was in sixth form, so have laid off blusher for the past few years, opting for a natural bronze instead. That was until I received this little beauty in my Grazia goodie bag. It's really gorgeous. The packaging is sleek, the gradient colouring mixed together gives the perfect rosy hue, and it has serious staying power. What I love about it the most is how just a sprinkle of it on the cheeks gives a lovely flush and accentuates the cheekbones even more. I wear this daily and I will do until it all runs out! Want to know more? Check out my review here.

A product I've worn daily for the past few years now, and one that's an absolute must-have on holiday. This bronzer gives the most gorgeous natural finish, and sits perfectly on top of powder, cream and liquid foundations. I use it on the temples, under the chin (ain't nobody want a double chin on show) and on the cheekbones and I really could not live without it. It's the perfect shade for me and just gives me a little lift, adding a little colour to make me look more alive. It was great for matching my face to my neck/chest whilst on holiday too. 

On holiday you need all the help when it comes to ensuring your makeup stays put and a primer is the way to do just that. I also received this from the lovely ladies on Grazia's beauty desk, and I've worn it every day since. It's almost coming to the end of the bottle now, but it's amazing how much of a difference wearing a primer can make to your overall complexion. My foundation sits so nicely on top of it, and it lasts so much better too. Plus, this bad boy has illuminating properties to give a lovely dewy glow without all the dew. Ya get me? (Read my full review here.)

A product I hadn't heard of before it appeared at Grazia's beauty desk, and now it's one I absolutely adore. I spritz this all over the face after applying makeup and, after waiting a minute or so for it to sink in, it acts like glue, keeping my foundation in place all day and leaving me feeling fabulously fresh. You can also spray it onto brushes and makeup application tools, like beauty sponges, to help apply makeup flawlessly. I just love it!

A product that helps to speed up the length of a blow-dry and hold your hairstyle? Yes please! This has been my go-to hair product this month and I just love how it leaves my hair feeling soft without weighing it down and making it lose what very little "bounce" it has. I love that it also comes in a little travel tube. It slotted so easily into my toiletries bag and was a god send as my hair gets so frizzy and crazy in the humid weather. Again, you can read all about it in my full review

So, those were the products I loved this month. It now feels almost like Autumn is around the corner, so I'm really looking forward to getting those dark lip shades and eyeshadows back out of my makeup bag. Though, who am I kidding, I've still been rocking those smoky eyes throughout the summer months! 

What have you been loving this month?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Everything sounds wonderful! Especially that blow dry express treatment. How awesome!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder sounds like perfection, especially if you've been wearing for years on end. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah they all sound so amazing, so many things now added to my wish list! :)

    http://www.thebutter.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sorry for enabling purchases! :) xx

      Delete
  4. The Estee Lauder blush sounds amazing! I love the brands products (especially the Double Wear Foundation) so I'll have to give this a whirl x

    |Georgia Megan|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really gorgeous! : ) I loved their Double Wear but it made me break out :( xx

      Delete
  5. the blush colour looks so good. perfect colour for summer.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS