Monday, 1 August 2016

JULY 2016 | LIFE LATELY...

You’d think now that my exams were over and I was (partially) on summer break before I step into the big, wide world of work that I’d actually take some time out and have a chance to relax. In fact, July has been so freaking hectic that I feel like I need another holiday only three weeks after returning home from mine. I honestly feel that I’m currently in this “transitional” part of my life, moving away from the safety and security of education and my hometown and being thrown into this massive world and being not quite sure where I fit in (Oh dear lord, get the violin out!). I’m hoping this is just a temporary thing though, and I know everything will all fall nicely into place eventually. It’s just a waiting game for now…

The month began really brilliantly as Dan and I headed off to sunny Bulgaria for a week away from everyone and everything. We had such a fantastic trip and spent the days lounging by the pool (and eating) and the evenings exploring the Black Sea Coast (and eating some more), both by land and sea. Bulgaria is a seriously beautiful country, albeit a little different culturally from your typical European holiday destinations. We loved sipping cocktails in bars and restaurants, exploring the little towns and villages, having time to relax by the pool, and especially enjoyed our catamaran cruise around the coast, which involved sipping champagne while watching the sun slowly, dip behind the mountains. A perfect getaway and we were both gutted to come back to reality. You can read all about our trip, and see all of the sunset photos, here.

A few days after returning from my holiday I headed to Builth Wells in Mid Wales ready for my fifth year working as a runner for BBC Wales at The Royal Welsh Show. For those who have no idea what the Royal Welsh is, it’s basically a huge agricultural show held in a massive showground in the middle of the rolling Welsh hills and attracts farmers, countryside dwellers, and animal lovers from across the UK. We produce a highlights programme for BBC 2 that is broadcast nightly and it really is one of my favourite weeks of the year, despite all of the hard work. I was up at 4.45am most days ready to start work at 6.30am and didn’t return to the hotel until about 8pm most nights. What I love about working at the Royal Welsh though, is it’s like being reunited with family. Everyone I work with each year is so incredible, and this year was bitter sweet as I’m hoping to be in some sort of full time job this time next year, so it was probably my last time working there.

As well as spending two weeks away from home I also managed to squeeze in a spontaneous trip to London with my mum, which involved all the shopping and sightseeing; a family wedding, where I spent the day looking at all the beautiful flowers and catching up with my wonderful family; my first trip to Aberystwyth, which turned out to be a lovely little seaside town I’ll definitely be returning to; and two nights out with my girls. That’s as well as working on my dissertation and my part-time job. It’s safe to say I’m pooped!

I have hardly any plans for August, except for Ladies’ Day and a summer BBQ so this month is going to be all about relaxing, getting my thesis done and thinking about my body, mind and wellbeing. I also want to get this little blog back on track – I don’t feel like I’ve been showing it enough love! I'm also planning on doing an August Fitness Challenge and will be posting all about it in the next day or so, so keep your eyes peeled! 

What did you get up to in July?

Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! Sophie x

    sophiehmstewart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been a RIGHT busy bee then!! Bulgaria is such a lovely place isn't it? I went there on a family holiday years ago but i remember it being super beautiful there. I've just come home from Tenerife and i definitely have holiday blues! xxx

    hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have haha - I need a break! Aw it's beautiful! I wish we were still there. I've been to Tenerife a few times and loved it : ) I hope you had a fabulous time. xx

      Delete
  3. It's always a bit scary when you've got a big change coming up, but it will all end up exciting, trust me! A relaxing August sounds amazing!!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. A spontaneous trip to London sounds like the best idea ever! :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will be amazing whatever you end up doing!! Xxx

    HAIAEVE.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Eve, you're the best! Thank you xxx

      Delete
  6. Your Bulgaria photos looked absolutely stunning hun, looks like you had such a lovely July. August will be fab (let's hope for some amazing weather)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely lady : ) Shame we've had nothing but rain so far :( xx

      Delete
  7. Wow, this is the greatest site that I have ever visited. It provides with very useful information. Thank you very much for sharing. http://www.thepsychiccompany.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a great website that is for English coursebook. Thanks for your great effort.

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS