Wednesday, 17 August 2016

OOTD | Nude Lace and Black Leather.

River Island is always my go-to high street store when it comes to finding evening or party wear. I just love the pieces they come up with, whether it's a pretty, detailed top, a figure-hugging dress or a killer pari of heels. They're so unique and chic, and I find that their clothes are such a brilliant fit for my body type; having quite a small waist and a bigger booty means I sometimes struggle to find clothes that accommodate to both, either having to squeeze my butt in or having to wear a belt, but River Island always seem to get it right. So when I knew I was heading out for food and a few too many (okay, waaaay too many) drinks on the weekend, it was River Island I turned to for an outfit. 
I opted for this gorgeous nude lace bra-let with skinny straps, and teamed it with an A-Line black leather skirt and some strappy heels, which I actually received from Boohoo.com* for a collaboration I did a little while ago. Nude and black together is definitely my favourite combo. It's just so easy to wear and always leaves me feeling sophisticated and sleek. 

The detailed crop is one of my favourite pieces. I've worn it a few times now, once with jeans and some strappy heels for a night out with my course mates, and even with some denim shorts and flats whilst on holiday. It's so pretty and I feel it brings an edge to any outfit. I have a similar crop top in white and there is also a black version of this top available if you're not sure about rocking the nude. 

As for this beaut black leather skirt, I've had it for years and wear it for all occasions. It could be for a night out with the girls, for a day of shopping, or for work. It's probably the most versatile piece of clothing I have and I never get tired of it. It does get a little sweaty in the summer time, not gonna lie, but I do bloody love it. 

What's your go-to high street store?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

16 comments:

  1. I love this look!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning look, love the leather and lace combo <3

    Andini xx | Adventures of an Anglophile 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous outfit! I've got a skirt similar to that and wear it to death! X

    Everything But The Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It's just such an easy skirt to wear isn't it?! xx

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely outfit. Love the nude lace bra-let.

    Charming Coco

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so gorgeous! Your top is so beautiful, I love the attention to detail xx

    Gemma • Miss Makeup Magpie ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black looks just good with everything. And lace looks beautiful with it. The detail is just beautiful. So cool you have a leather skirt you've loved for so long <3

    xx   BASH   |   go   say     H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for you lovely comment! xx

      Delete
  7. I love this outfit + totally agree about the nude/black combo! I always find myself heading for H&M on the highstreet :) X

    The Blonde Moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh our H&M in my local town is really poor, but the one in Cardiff always has some gorgeous pieces! xx

      Delete
  8. I need your figure!! I love love your outfit, wish I could pull off the top half! xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS