Tuesday, 9 August 2016

REVIEW | July Paradise Subscription from Nailbox*

For me, there's nothing like a fresh manicure to turn that frown upside down. I absolutely love fresh nails and as soon as I notice my perfectly applied gel polish chipping I'm heading back to the salon to get a new set and a touch up. However, I've decided that it's time to give my nails a breather. I've worn gel polish constantly for the past year or so, and I've noticed my nails have started to weaken. They're quite flakey and seem to snap so easily, so I'm going to give my nails time to rejuvenate, so what better timing to receive some goodies to try out from Nailbox*?
Nailbox is a monthly subscription service where you receive a selection of five surprise nail treats through your door for £13.50 a month. I've never actually subscribed to any beauty boxes before, but I love the ideas as it's the perfect way to discover new brands and products, so I was really excited to see what Nailbox had to offer in their July Paradise box. The little parcel came super quickly and inside there were lots of new polishes and nail care treats to put to the test. 
An absolute must-have for getting those toes perfectly painted. I always find myself waddling around trying to separate my toes so as not to smudge the paint as they dry, so a toe separator is super handy and a great addition to any nail supscription box in my opinion, even if a little predictable.
I was really pleased to find this little number in my Nailbox, as my manicurist often tells me I need to use cuticle oil or balms to strengthen my nails. The fact that it's coconut scented (which is my absolute favourite) is even better! The Coconut Nail Balm is filled to the brim with oils and butter to help nail growth and health, including sunflower, soya bean and olive oil, and it smells absolutely divine. I really like the feel of this. It's super soft and leaves my skin and nails feeling lovely and smooth, so I'll keep using it and will post a full review in a couple of weeks. 

I seriously love white nail polish. I think it just looks so chic and is perfect for the summer months when you're rocking a tan (even though mine is pretty much non-existent at the mo). The only problem I have with white nail polish is that it can be a bit of a pain to apply, requiring loads of layers to ensure an even finish as it often applies quite transparent. This requires about two coats to achieve the opaque finish, and for just £2.75, that's pretty good in my book! I also love wearing white underneath brightly coloured nail polishes to protect the nails from staining so I'll definitely get good use out of it.


I was so happy to see a Nails Inc polish in the Nailbox as it's a nail brand I absolutely love, but never seem to buy as it is rather pricey. I've had some manicures by Nails Inc in the past and loved the overall finish and quality so it's great to have my own polish to keep my tootsies looking gorgeous, and what a beautiful colour too. Soho Place is the perfect summer shade. It's vibrant, bright and highly pigmented, and it has the finish of a gel polish too, which is even better! I think it's great that you get top brands like Nails Inc in your Nailbox; especially as the price for the Nailbox itself is less than the cost of this polish alone.

Last, but not least, we have this little beauty, which comes with such gorgeous packaging and in such a beautiful shade too. It's ideal for teaming with more neutral outfits over the summer months, especially for a summer wedding, christening or a day at the races, and I can definitely see it being a favourite Autumn shade, despite it's summery name. I've not actually heard of True Brit London before, but it has a really lovely finish and goes on effortlessly. I think this will become a new favourite of mine!

All in all, I'm really impressed with the July Paradise edition of Nailbox*. For just £13.50 you receive five varying products that would cost £43.74 if bought separately, each product being from leading nail brands and adding something new to your nail product collection. I often forgo buying nail polishes, just because I prefer buying clothes and makeup, so it's a great way to keep my nail polish collection updated with new colours, brands and nail care kits.

Subscribe to Nailbox* now to have a wealth of surprise nail treats delivered to your door each month!

Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

* This product was gifted for review.
All thoughts and opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I'm such a white nail polish fan too, so I love that shade!

    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the idea of subscription boxes, I used to subscribe to glossy box but found I didnt use a majority of the products but this nail one looks incredible!

    Shan | missshanlouise.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's such a good idea too! : ) xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS