Saturday, 17 September 2016

Beauty | Must-Have AW Lipsticks.

I may be sunning myself by the pool in Rhodes while you're reading this, but I can't tell you how excited I am for autumn. I live in rural Wales, and while London often bathes in beautiful summer sunshine, West Wales is usually drowning in floods, being beaten by gale force winds or darkened under gloomy grey skies. We do have some gorgeous sunny days, don't get me wrong, but those are rare and I'm looking forward to autumn as it means I can finally embrace my boots, scarves and deep lippies in all their glory.
There are so many beautiful lip shades that are perfect for rocking throughout autumn/winter. I love how you can get away with wearing the most gothic, vampy shades, whatever the time of day, and there really is a colour to suit all skin shades and hair colours. Today I thought I'd share some of my favourite shades. It was so hard to narrow it down to just twelve, but I'm seriously in love with these beauties. 

MAC Lip Liner in "Auburn" | A little more red than it appears in the swatch and in the nib of the pencil, this is a lovely shade that can take you from day to night in an instant. I've really fallen in love with MAC lip liners lately and this is a shade I'm sure I'll be wearing very often this autumn. It's just a great versatile shade and MAC lip liners are a saviour when it comes to bleeding lipsticks.

MAC Lipstick in "Antique Velvet" | This is a seriously dark shade and admittedly I tend to keep this for nights out or special occasions, simply because it is so dark, but I absolutely love it. It glides so nicely onto the lips and is the perfect addition to a smoky eye for a night out or for cocktails with the girls. It does need topping up quite regularly and can sometimes get a little messy, especially if you're eating or drinking, but the matte finish is quality.

Laura Mercier Lip Liner in "True Red" | Bright, vibrant and sure to pack a punch, this is a colour I know will take me through to Christmas and beyond. There really is nothing quite like a bright red lip to make you feel fabulous,  and teaming this with the gorgeous Laura Mercier gloss is a sure fire way to vamp up your makeup look. 

Bobbi Brown Art Stick in "Brown Berry" | I've only recently started wearing this product, despite receiving it as part of my internship goodie bag, and I really do love it. It's the perfect neutral shade and works so well with a range of looks. For me, a neutral lip shade is an absolute essential in your makeup bag and this is a great one to have. It feels really creamy to apply too, which is what I really like about the product.

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in "Shame" | If you've never tried any UD lip products before then I seriously urge you try. I always used to turn to UD for their (amazing) eyeshadows and liners, but branched out into their lipsticks when I was hunting for a shade to match my graduation dress. It's safe to say I didn't look back. The lipstick is creamy, so pigmented and so durable too. Plus, they've just launched their new Vice lip collection. 

Laura Mercier Paint Wash Gloss in "Red Brick" | Now I'm not a lover of gloss, I'll be honest. I just hate when it gets all sticky, especially in the autumnal weather when your hair is flying around everywhere and keeps getting stuck to your lips - no thanks! But that's not the case with this. It actually dries really nicely after application, but still has a lot of moisture which means your lips don't dry out and still feel silky smooth. I love how bright and pigmented it is too!

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in "Naked Brown" | This is a really lovely shade and is actually a lot lighter (and more purple) than it looks in the bullet. I've tried a few Maybelline lipsticks and am so impressed with their longevity and boldness, particularly for the cheaper price tag. It shows that you don't have to splurge to get great results. 

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Train Bleu" | This lip crayon isn't one that I've really reached for too much in the past, but now that autumn is here I'm going to be bringing it out on any occasion I can. The plum is so deep, almost purple, and the fact this product is a pencil means you can get precise application. 

Topshop Lipstick in "Suspected" | Seriously, if you haven't tried Topshop lippies yet, you need to! Their products are so incredible; they're really pigmented and are so easily applied. There are also a range of shades available and "Suspected" is one of my favourites. It's a bright plum that I love to wear day or night and I find I hardly have to reapply it, it's just so durable. 

NYX Lip Lingerie in "Beauty Mark" | I've only recently started delving into NYX Cosmetics and I seriously love everything I've tried so far of the brand. It's just amazing and their lip lingerie shades, often described as the Kylie Lip Kit dupes, are fantastic. It's quite a strange concept as the gloss applies onto the lips as a gooey liquid and soon dries to create that perfect matte lip. I do feel they could do with a little more moisture, but I absolutely love the overall finish and am already growing a little collection. 

NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in "Via Appia" | Okay, I know this is an eye liner but this is actually a wonderful match for the NYX "Beauty Mark" lip lingerie and it helps to ensure the product doesn't bleed onto the skins surrounding the lips too. I'm very impressed with this and I particularly love the metallic finish. Plus, it can be used on the eyes or the lips so you're getting two products for one!

Dior Rouge Dior Baume Lipstick in "Escapade" | Another beaut nude in the most glorious packaging and with a lovely satin finish. It's not quite as pigmented as some other shades I've tried but I do love it none the less and it's perfect for a day at work or for a casual night out look. 

What are your fave autumnal shades?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

14 comments:

  1. The Topshop lipstick is so beautiful, and it is so similar to the Maybelline one. I haven't tried the Topshop lippies yet, maybe it's time!

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Topshop lipsticks - you definitely need to try! xx

      Delete
  2. So many pretty shades! I am really loving a dark brown lip at the moment which is something I have never tried until a month ago. My favourite has to be NYX Matte Lipstick in Maison.


    EmmysBeautyCave | Bloglovin | Blog Header Services

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only tried it last year and loved it! :) Need to try out that lip shade. xx

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for the change in seasons as the majority of my lipsticks are dark reds! I really the MAC Antique Velvet shade, it's right up my street x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this time of year too! So good to experiment with makeup xx

      Delete
  4. UD Shame looks like a beautiful color! I have 1993 and love it, seriously impressed with their lipsticks. I'm so head over heals for NARS Train Bleu - and I feel that way every F/W season when this pencil gets pulled out in everyone's collection. But realistically I'd rarely wear it (not acceptable at work) so it'd just sit neglected in my collection - but I can continue to dream haha. Great choices!

    Cindy | www.cindyhyue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Their lipsticks are incredible. Ahh that's a shame - you could always wear it as soon as you step outside of work haha :) Thank you Cindy! xx

      Delete
  5. I actually adore all of these shades but im so not confident enough to rock them!x

    https://wineandwhine99.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE autumnal lip shades, I love being able to whip em out again! I actually really like the Top Shop one, SO beaut. Hope you are having a lovely time in Rhodes! Immy x

    www.immymay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They're the best : ) Thank you Immy, had an amazing time! xx

      Delete
  7. Wow, I cannot decide which I like the most. They are all perfect for fall ;)
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS