Tuesday, 27 September 2016

OOTD | What I wore on holiday in Greece.

In case you've missed my constant tweeting, blogging and Instagramming lately, you'll know that I've just returned from a week-long holiday to beautiful Greece (check out my blog post here, and my Instagram here). I seriously took about 5,846 photos whilst on holiday, so for today's post I thought I'd share with you some outfit snaps, to give you a little summer outfit inspo before autumn really takes over. 

(Yes, I know that it's already "officially" autumn thanks to the equinox a few days ago, and thanks to the horrid, gloomy weather, but as I'm currently rocking the best summer holiday tan I've ever achieved I'm still embracing summer until October kicks in. I need to show it off to the world and scarves and boots ain't gonna let me do this!)

Summer holidays are the perfect excuse to don your bright and colourful clothes, and this outfit epitomises this I feel. A bright, almost fluorescent, yellow crop top with a matching patterned skirt and comfy sandals made for the perfect first evening outfit. Both are older purchases from about two summers ago in River Island, but as I only really drag them out of the wardrobe for holidays I knew I just had to take them to Greece with me. I kept the accessories simple with my trusty tassel bag, a black statement necklace and, of course, a bright red lipstick. 
Possibly one of my favourite holiday outfits - mostly because I love this top and combining it with this choker (BUY HERE) from Miss Selfridge just put the icing on the cake. Bardot tops have been my absolute go-to this summer and I now have a growing collection, but this long-sleeve number from River Island is my favourite. I love the floral pattern and usually team it with black jeans and a choker for a night out. This time, though, I wore a black denim skirt (BUY HERE) from Miss Selfridge underneath and it created a quirky, floaty look, emphasised with my messy bun hairdo!
This playsuit seriously has been my favourite outfit of the summer. It's just the perfect holiday piece and is such a wonderfully comfortable material, ideal for after you've inhaled half of the dinner buffet! I just love the hippy vibe - the long, flowing sleeves; the bright floral print; and the criss-cross neckline - and it's a piece I know will never date. I just love it! It's from Topshop and I wore it with my favourite brown sandals from River Island and very simple accessories to complete the look.
And finally, we have my disco diva outfit! Honestly, teaming this tasselled top and skirt combo, with my chunky platforms and crazy bun hairdo, I was walking around Rhodes Town feeling like I was in an 80s disco, and I loved it! The top was purchased last year in River Island for a festival, but when you wear it with a tight, black skirt underneath it looks like a pretty tassel dress and it's such a comfortable outfit to wear too. An LBD is the perfect outfit for any occasion. I was planning on wearing my choker with it but unfortunately had seriously painful prickly heat on my chest and neck, so had to sacrifice the choker in order to stop me itching all night!

What are your go-to holiday outfits?
What is your favourite look featured here?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

12 comments:

  1. I love the little black dress, so pretty and perfect for vacay.
    www.cozyzen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It's actually a skirt and top xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had the perfect holiday!


    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blog! I love and i follow your blog, please follow me too
    http://alamodenatine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous, I love the black dress - so cute!

    Carolyn x
    Stained Glass Stars

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to visit Greece - so jealous of your trip! All your holiday outfits are cute as well, I especially love that playsuit.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greece is so beaut! I'm sure you'd love it! Thanks so much lovely lady xx

      Delete
  6. Love your outfits. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS