Wednesday, 7 September 2016

Review | Tom Ford Disco Dust Eyeshadow Quad.

I am a sucker for a new eyeshadow palette. As someone whose lids are completely naked without a full shimmering smoky eye, I've tried my fair share of palettes too - the good, the bad and the downright terrible - but I'd never tried anything from luxury beauty brand, Tom Ford, before. I've heard so much about it, and have lusted over the glorious packaging in the photos accompanying beauty blog reviews, but with my student budget it was well out of my price range. So imagine the excitement when I received this little gem in my internship goodie bag a few months ago!
The Tom Ford Disco Dust Eyeshadow Quad is simply beautiful. A mix of brown and pink shimmers and mattes to help create the perfectly feminine smoky eye that can add a little flair to a subtle daytime look, or can be really vamped up for a night on the town. First and foremost, I absolutely love the packaging. With a compact mirror and two handy applicators, as well as the brand title engraved into the lavish gold trim,  it's nothing less than I would expect considering the hefty price tag. It looks really gorgeous in my makeup collection and the mirror is also really handy for applying on the go. Palettes that don't have a built-in mirror are just too annoying.  

The quad is made up of shadows with four different finishes, "sheer sparkle, satin, shimmer and matte", all with different intensities and pigmentation. I was impressed with the pigmentation, though you can definitely see a difference between the matte and the sheer sparkle shade, which I tend to use to highlight under the brows and in the tear duct. Honestly, it would be nicer if the sheer sparkle shade was a little more pigmented, as the swatch shows it being quite transparent. I have a similar shade in my Urban Decay Vice 3 palette, and it's so vibrant. However, the matte is absolutely gorgeous, and I love blending it to add boldness to accompany the other shades. 
The feel of the shadows is so lovely and creamy. They apply effortlessly onto the lids (even better with Benefit's Stay Don't Stray Primer, which you can read about here) and don't gather in the crease or along the eye socket, which I find you get with some thicker shadows. They apply really boldly on the eyelids too and have fantastic staying power. I wore a look using this quad when I went to Ladies' Day a few weeks ago. My makeup was on for over 12 hours, and even in spite of the wind and my eyes streaming like a river, it stayed on really perfectly and was still in place when I got home that evening feeling a little worse for wear. 

So with pigmentation, beautiful shades, longevity and amazing packaging, this is such a gorgeous palette and I'm so so happy and grateful I received it and got the chance to try it! It costs a whopping £64 so I probably wouldn't rush to spend my hard earned cash on it, especially considering you can get an Urban Decay palette with quadruple the shades, which are more pigmented and for £20 less. It is a really gorgeous palette though, and is a beautiful addition it in my makeup collection. In fact, it's so nice that I've been saving it and wearing it only for special occasions; I'm seriously hoping for another chance to wear it out soon!

Have you tried anything from Tom Ford?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for this - really appreciate it when fbl bloggers get real about price. At the end of the day, £20 savedfor a great product matters more to me than the packaging!

    Great to meet you lovely,
    Becca
    www.mytwoblackdogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. tom ford is just such a treat in itself and i love the colours. however, i won't just pick it up if that makes any sense. its a treat or something really lovely to gift to someone.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quad is literally beautiful, perfect for Autumn! Love the mirror and the mini brushes, making applying on the go so much easier! I feel this is probably out of my price range, but still something i would lust over!

    Jess xo / Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful :) definitely one to lust over haha! xx

      Delete
  4. Great colours but £64 no way! I could get s whole outfit for that
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely, I have never tried any Tom Ford make up before, it's so pricey, but I may have to soon. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giiiirl this eyeshadow is absolutely stunning, and so perfect for Autumn too, I love those burnt orange/rusty tones!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you lovely, that's so true! xx

      Delete
  7. I'm really liking the colours this looks like my type of palette!

    Mel ★ www.meleaglestone.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS