Thursday, 29 September 2016

Travel | 10 things all bloggers do on holiday.

Marble, copper, flatlays and all the white makeup storage - just some of the so-called "blogger clichés" that seem to float around the blogosphere. But have you ever thought about the lengths us bloggers go to to document our holidays? Today's post features a list of just some of the things us bloggers (myself included) are guilty of doing on holiday. I know I did every single one of these whilst I was in Greece earlier this month! #noregrets
1.Announcing to the world several weeks in advance that you're going on holiday via Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and even by sharing duty-free wish lists on your blog (*guilty!*). Then doing a little countdown in the weeks and days leading up to the holiday so that everyone knows you're going away. Hell, why not go ahead and make your own unique hashtag for people to know it? Shout it out to the world sister!

2. Getting funny looks in the airport as you try in vain to create an Instagram flatlay that incorporates your passport, boarding pass and new holiday mani.

3. Convincing yourself that you're "cutting down" on the amount of clothes and makeup you take, but it always results in an overflowing suitcase and a hotel bathroom that resembles a beauty counter. I mean, 15 lipsticks for seven days is sufficient, right?

4. Forcing your mum/dad/boyfriend/friends to get ready at least an hour before it's time to head out for the evening as you need to take all the outfit photos. Holidays are the perfect excuse to create lots of content, and the beautiful beaches are far better backdrops than that bit of hedge in your back garden. 

5. Getting said friend/family member to also take as many "candid" shots of you as possible. "Mum, take a picture of me looking out into the distance as if I don't know you're taking a photo." Perfect for getting that Insta feed on point. 

6. When you're not having your photo taken you're taking photos of absolutely everything else. Sunset shots, the sea, cocktails, food, quirky buildings, cute animals. (And annoying your family/friend/boyfriend in the process as you can't go two minutes without taking a photo.)

7. Announcing to the world that you're really looking forward to some time away from social media before going, but then logging onto every free wifi spot available so you can check your Twitter and Insta-feed. Can't keep away from it for too long! (Though it is kinda nice to not be glued to your phone every second of the day.)

8. Getting secretly excited to get home so you can type up all of your holiday-themed blog posts.

9. Announcing you've landed back in the UK on social media as if you're a queen who needs a royal declaration. And then complaining about the weather as you're guaranteed to be confronted by rain as soon as you step off the plane.

10. Posting throwback photos of your holiday on Instagram until the end of time. Gloomy photos of the UK don't quite fit with your newly bright and summery Insta-theme.

Can you relate?
Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

19 comments:

  1. I love this :-) I went on holiday this month too and a lot of that was me especially the outfit photos and logging onto every wifi hotspot possible x

    http://www.ahintofglamour.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one! Hope you had a lovely holiday :) xx

      Delete
  2. I am guilty to the outfit photos I always ask family members to take loads especially my little brother haha! x

    http://asiajade1996.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha my mum was my photographer this holiday! xx

      Delete
  3. This list is on point I'm so guilty of doing all these.

    http://artadorned.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can safely say im 100% guilty of pretty much all of these, especially getting all excited for holiday themed posts!

    Dana x
    fashiondew.co.uk | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Literally lol'ing my way through this, so funny and SO goddamn true!! I usually have to bribe my "holiday photographer" with a beer/doughnut/insert delicious thing here but it's worth it for the shot!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I totally agree Elle - it's all worth it in the end ha! xx

      Delete
  6. I think my brother might start charging for photography rates with all my outfit pics, he just doesn't understand the importance! x

    https://wineandwhine99.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I always get my boyfriend or mum! xx

      Delete
  7. Haha, this is all so true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me chuckle! Totally will be me next week too. I've already informed the boyfriend of some photos I need!

    M xx

    The CSI Girls

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS