Friday, 21 October 2016

Lifestyle | Things I Love About Autumn.

I hate to jump on the blogger bandwagon with this post, but autumn really is the most wonderful time of year. The change in the weather meaning it's crisp and cold so you can wrap up in your favourite snuggly pjs or head out for the day in a cosy knit and chunky boots; the darker nights meaning fairy lights and candles are out in full force; the beautiful colours of nature and stunning autumnal sunsets. That's not to mention the heap of festivities, with Bonfire Night and Hallowe'en being just two of them. I absolutely love autumn and for today's post I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite things about this wonderful season. 
Darker nights | Okay, admittedly I hate it when it gets super dark at like 4pm in December, but when the nights start drawing in and its all cosy by 6pm I absolutely love it. It actually gives you an excuse to get in your pyjamas as soon as you step through the door, and what's better than curling up on the sofa with comfort food, a snuggly blanket and a good book or television series? That's right, nothing.

Changes in nature | Autumn is definitely a second spring and I adore the beauty of it all. The falling leaves swirling through the air in shades of yellow, orange and red; misty mornings and stunning sunsets; and the cutest little animals getting ready for hibernation or birds flying overhead as they head to sunnier climates for the winter. I love living in the countryside anyway, but especially at this time of year, and it's something I will truly miss when I move away to a big city to take steps that fulfil my career goals.

AW fashion | Summer fashion is quirky and cool, but I'm more than happy to wave goodbye to it when the chunky knits, high-knee boots, ripped jeans and cosy jumpers start to make their way into high street stores. And the great thing is it's always so cold you can layer it up and wear as many pieces of clothing as you can! If that's not an excuse for a shopping spree then I don't know what is. 

Crisp, cold sunny mornings | I woke up this morning and headed out for a stroll on my way to the gym. There wasn't a soul in sight. It was so calm and peaceful, the tops of houses hidden by a low glowing mist as the sun tried to break through for the day. There's something really special about being up early and going out when the weather is like this. It makes you feel like the only person in the world, and always clears my head and makes me look at things from a whole new perspective. 

The cosiness | At this time of year my house is lit up like the Blackpool Illuminations with fairy lights, dim lamps and candles galore. I've got a collection of snuggly blankets, fluffy socks, slippers and dressing gowns to rival that of M&S. And, of course, I've got lots of comfort food to feast on (even though I'm desperately trying to get back to my pre-holiday bod). The darker, colder nights means I ditch going out for drinks in favour of snuggling up in front of the telly.

What are your favourite things about autumn?
Lots of love. xoxo

11 comments:

  1. YES! I'm all about Autumn/Winter clothes over summer any day! Zara is like my heaven at the moment!
    Lx
    Elle Bloggs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree - I'm in need of a Zara shopping spree! xx

      Delete
  2. I adore autumn and I adore these posts! I love seeing everyone celebrate my favourite season hehehe! That and AW fashoin is my favourite thing ever hah! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) Haha I love it too! xx

      Delete
  3. I love love coming home with the dark nights and putting my pjs on! Love having all the nice candles lit with fairy lights too! xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cosiness is certainly my favourite too! Fairy lights are a must have in the colder months! It's coming into Spring/ Summer where I am so I'll have to live fall through everyone's fall posts xx

    Liz | LotsofLoveLiz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Ahh I love spring time too though! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love reading an autumn post! It's my favourite time of the year, i agree with all of your favourites! :) especially the early mornings, when I walk to work it's just getting light and it's so nice and brisk, it just calms me for the day :D
    Great blog :)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS