Friday, 28 October 2016

REVIEW | NYX Lip Lingerie in Beauty Mark.

From time to time in the beauty blogosphere a brand's popularity suddenly sky rockets. A few years ago it was Make Up Revolution - everyone, myself included, was obsessed with this exciting new brand that had an incredibly high quality with a fantastically low price tag - and everyone (obviously) has fallen head over heels for Charlotte Tilbury's beautiful range since its launch in 2013. The latest brand to really take the blogging community by storm is NYX Cosmetics, and after testing out some of their products, I can definitely see why. 

NYX Cosmetics is an LA-based beauty brand that's a massive player in the colour cosmetics industry, selling beautifully bright products that are definitely not going to break the bank. For me, I started hearing a lot about the brand when Kylie Jenner launched her Kylie Lip Kit range. Their lip products were said to be a far cheaper dupe, so when I visited Cardiff and had the chance to sample their Lip Lingerie collection I snapped up their gorgeous Beauty Mark shade and haven't looked back since. 

The packaging is basic, but if I'm honest, it's a lip gloss. Don't get me wrong, I'm as much of a sucker for beautifully detailed packaging as the next beauty blogger, but I'm more than happy to kiss goodbye to eccentric packaging if it means I can save a few pounds. It simply comes in a clear plastic case with a black lid, and is rather similar to the look of the Kylie Cosmetics range. It has a built-in applicator (obv) and is strong and sturdy, so unlikely to break in your makeup bag. 

The product is easily applied with a swift stroke of the applicator. A little definitely goes a long way and I'd suggest applying it very lightly over the lips first, before packing on some more product to get the desired shade. I also like to use the very tip of the applicator to outline and add some shape to my lips. It's super easy to use and applies really effortlessly, which is one thing I love about it. A few seconds after application, the gloss dries to a flawless matte finish, hence the reason that you need to apply in layers rather than swooping a load of gloop over your lips straight off the bat. It's definitely a product that takes a little time getting used to, but I really do love it!

The staying power is really great, though you do have to apply every so often as it can come away in places, but I find if you're not eating or drinking a lot it stays put really well. One negative is that, as the product is so completely matte, if you keep reapplying without taking off the product first you get quite a lot of build up, making it look as though you're caked in gloss. Not the best look, but I usually find in a 5 hour retail shift I have to reapply once, so it has really great staying power. For me though, the shade is everything. It really is the perfect autumnal colour - I'm obsessed!

This is a product that I now wear on a weekly, if not daily, basis. I love brown lipsticks anyway but the cooler tone of this shade is perfect for the winter months and works so well with a smoky or neutral eyeshadow look. It's definitely an Autumn favourite and if you're yet to try anything from NYX Cosmetics I urge you to give it a go! Available at Very, ASOS, Boots and Feel Unique, there is just so much to choose from and at such a brilliant price. This particular gloss cost just £6.50 and I'm already planning on adding more to my collection. 

Lots of love. xoxo

10 comments:

  1. I squealed with delight when I walked into my larger boots store when I saw they were stocking NYX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the NYX lip products! I recently bought the same product in the shade Embellishment and I am in love with it!

    www.fallonrachelle.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They're so impressive :) I have Embellishment too - it's so pretty xx

      Delete
  3. This looks as though it would be a great every day product, the shade almost suits any eye colour too. I agree about the basic packaging, i think if they made it black it would look more slick x

    https://wineandwhine99.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - it would suit all skin tones and eye/hair colours. xx

      Delete
  4. I still haven't tried the NYX lingerie, I've tried the lip creams and love them so need to give these a go too!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite and am yet to try a Lip Cream haha! We should swap :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love NYX products and the lip lingeries are definitely one of my fave picks our their product range! Fab post! Rachel xxx
    www.rachelxblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel - me too! They're awesome! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS