Friday, 14 October 2016

Review | Sparkling Smiles with Corsodyl Daily.*

I first had braces when I was around 11 years old. I despised my teeth and was eager even during primary school to get them restructured into a shape that meant I'd at least be able to smile. In all honesty my mouth resembled that of a shark's - teeth protruding out of my gums in all directions - and it made me extremely self conscious. Five years, several retainers, two surgical operations, and a whole lot of pain later, and I finally had a smile to show off. Now smiling is my favourite thing to do, and after all those years of pain dental care is seriously important to me; so when Corsodyl* got in touch to ask if I wanted to try out some of their Corsodyl Daily range I jumped at the chance. 
I was sent the New Corsodyl Daily Toothbrush* and a travel-sized Corsodyl Daily Toothpaste* to try, and I'm really pleased with both products. Corsodyl recommends brushing for at least two minutes, twice a day, ensuring your covering all tooth surfaces (that's the front, back and bottoms) and gums are given a thorough cleaning. Did you know that you should also change your toothbrush up every three months in order to get that squeaky clean smile? 

The new Corsodyl Daily Toothbrush is great. It has super soft bristles and this is possibly the thing I like most about the toothbrush. I hate those brushes where you have to drag it across your gums and after brushing your mouth is left feeling sore and achy. These are really soft to the touch and have dual bristle types, so the outsides are softer and "flimsier" while the bristles in the centre of the brush head are sturdier to give a really thorough clean. It also has a tongue cleaner on the back of the brush head, which you can pull across the surface of the tongue, and this helps to give an overall cleaner, and fresher mouth.

As for the toothpaste, it's really not to my taste and definitely doesn't have that minty fresh feeling that you get with competing brands. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that it also aids in helping combat bleeding gums, but it's not a product I'd pick up again unfortunately. I haven't been using this product for long enough yet to see a huge difference regarding my gum health and I don't suffer with bleeding gums in any case, so can't fully comment on this. I do really love the clean feeling it gives though, it's just such a shame about the taste.

The Corsodyl Daily Toothbrush costs £3.49, while the Corsodyl Daily Toothpaste costs £3.99, and both are available in all major supermarkets and drugstores. 

* Products sent for review. Thoughts/opinions my own.
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'
Lots of love. xoxo

6 comments:

  1. The toothbrush sounds pretty good although I do like my electric toothbrush. Sophie x

    sophiehmstewart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get myself a new electric toothbrush! xx

      Delete
  2. I have to admit - I much prefer an electric toothbrush to a manual one. I used to use the Corsodyl mouthwash and really liked it, I only stopped using it because my dentist said its not for long term use! Plus I didn't have any bleeding or issues as such. I randomly just started using it. X

    ♥ Carly Susanne - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I see - my boyfriend uses the mouthwash and seems to really like it! xx

      Delete
  3. I have tried the toothpaste before and the taste is definitely something I had to get use to as it did taste odd at first. The toothbrush sounds fab, might have to try it out. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS