Tuesday, 18 October 2016

Review | TIGI Bedhead 'Oh Beehive' Matte Dry Shampoo.*

Hairwashing days are the bane of my life. I don’t know about you, but no matter how much I love having a piping hot shower and massaging sweet smelling shampoo into my scalp, nothing will ever beat the hatred I have for drying my hair. My hair isn’t even that long (those of you ladies with luscious long locks, I really feel your pain) but the amount of effort it takes to comb through and properly blow dry my tresses is enough to make me skip the whole task altogether.

That being said, I work out five times a week and have pretty thin, fine hair, which means no matter how much I want to avoid it, hair washes happen almost daily. I try my best to go a day between washes – because I can’t cope with the hassle and letting your hair get a little “greasy” with its natural oils is also really good for hair growth – so this means I’m always on the hunt for a dry shampoo product that helps to keep it fresh. TIGI Bedhead’s Oh Beehive is my new favourite.
I’ve used a lot of TIGI Bedhead’s products over the years and I have to say that the quality is simply amazing. I’m yet to try a product I don’t like to use, or like the look of, and Oh Beehive is no exception. The dry shampoo comes in this beautifully bright bottle; a stunning metallic yellow that reflects its name and looks super cute on your dresser. I love the contrasting coloured lid too, and it has a really squeezy nozzle ensuring the product comes out slowly and evenly, and doesn’t just blast onto your scalp.

I really like the consistency of Oh Beehive. A lot of the dry shampoos I’ve tried in the past tend to be really thick and sticky. Often after I’ve applied I end up looking like Cruella Devil with random white patches of product that just won’t budge – I’m sure so many of you can relate! Oh Beehive is the complete opposite. It’s really light which means you can still style your hair with ease, and while it does still have an opaque finish, it’s not as visible on the roots and can be easily brushed through. I was initially worried that the lack of stickiness meant it wouldn’t do its job, but that isn’t the case, though you do need quite a bit of product to achieve a completely fresher finish.

My favourite thing about the product however, is the smell. It is simply divine, so lovely in fact that I’ve been using it even when my hair is completely clean to add a bit of volume. I’ve read reviews of the product where people say the smell is too sweet and too strong, though I disagree. That being said, I absolutely love sweet smells. Anything fruity – I’m there!

I have to say that this is a product I absolutely love and will definitely repurchase when it has run out. It has the most beautiful scent, does its job without looking like I’ve even applied it, and it leaves me hair looking, feeling and smelling fresh. If, like me, washing your hair leaves you in a heap of despair then you need to give Oh Beehive a try. You won’t regret it!

* This product was paid for as part of an Instagram collab. 
Review thoughts and opinions are unpaid for and my own.
Lots of love. Xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I know how your feel about about dry shampoo sprays and washing my long wavy hair....actually the first month after relaxer touch up I don't mind but the closer it time to touch up the jungle mess it becomes! Right now I am loving Living Proof and Oribe Dry Shampoos and one by Clariol at Target for my dark hair with dry scalp!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds brilliant - I love that lots of dry shampoos are catering to darker hair colours now xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard good things about this brand, and that dry shampoo sounds fab!

    Georgia | The Weekend Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a big fan of this dry shampoo too - the smell is amazing :)

    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love TIGIs bedhead range. I need to try this dry shampoo I've heard so many good things about it. I'm a massive dry shampoo fan because my thick hair takes about a billion hours to dry.
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS