Saturday, 1 October 2016

September 2016 | Life lately...

I hate to be a total Debbie downer, but right now I'm feeling a little bit bleuuuughhh. It's pouring down with rain outside, I've spent the whole day tirelessly searching for jobs, and I'm dreaming of my recent holiday to Greece and wishing I was back there without a care in the world. For me, September has always meant new beginnings. It signifies a new academic year and new, but exciting, challenges. I've always absolutely loved this time of year, but this month brought with it the end of my academic life an it's all been pretty overwhelming. Everyone says that the time between full-time education and finding full-time work is a really shitty time, and I have to agree with them. I'm so excited to start work and get my teeth stuck into a career, especially as I worked so hard in university and have the qualifications to prove it, but right now I'm just worried about finding any work at all. It's pretty scary!
All moaning aside, September was actually a really fun month, filled with memory making and significant life changes. The first, and biggest, being that I handed in my MA dissertation and completed my Masters degree in Journalism (read here). I'm sure if you're a regular blog reader you will know that I spent the last year at Cardiff University studying for my Masters. It was an incredibly demanding year, meaning my social life kind of went out of the window, but now I am finally free and I couldn't be happier, or prouder. Finally seeing all my hard work pay off, after weeks of being holed up on the kitchen table and typing away, was the best feeling and I cradled the beautiful, leather bound book that my thesis was printed in as though it was a tiny newborn baby. That being said, I was more than happy to hand it over to the university and see the back of it!

Working on my thesis over the summer, and juggling my part-time retail job, freelance work and blogging, meant I didn't quite get the chance to enjoy the summer as much as I'd hoped. Although I had the most amazing week in Bulgaria with Dan (read here) and had some really lovely times with my friends, family and Dan in between, I definitely was in need of a little break after the stress of it all. That's why this September my mum and I headed off for a week of relaxation on the beautiful Greek island of Rhodes. It was seriously wonderful (read here). I felt completely chilled and soaked up the sunshine without a care in the world. Greece is my favourite place on Earth, and it was so lovely to spend the week there with one of my most favourite people. I so wish I could go back...

Since returning from holiday I've pretty much worked non-stop, though I have managed to squeeze in a date night and a day out with Dan, and also caught up with some of my friends, both over coffee and at a cinema date to watch Bridget Jones' Baby. It's really odd to have nothing to do at the moment, apart from hunting for jobs of course, but I'm trying to embrace it all I can. Though if you could all keep your fingers crossed that I take some steps towards obtaining my dream career soon I would be seriously grateful!

Lots of love, 
Jessie. xoxo

8 comments:

  1. WOW what an amazing month you have had. Congratulations on completing your Masters :-) I've just read your post to Bulgaria and I have to agree with you it is an amazing place. Good luck with your job hunting x

    http://www.ahintofglamour.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely! :) It really was stunning. xx

      Delete
  2. You're so lucky to have gone to Bulgaria! I've always wanted to go! Well done with your masters too! Sounds like you've been so busy x

    |Georgia Megan|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really beautiful :) thanks hun! xx

      Delete
  3. I went to Rhodes this summer too and absolutely loved it. It's such a gorgeous place, only wish I had stayed longer, 7 days is not enough! haha :D x

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg you're totally right Sandra haha! I want to go back already. xx

      Delete
  4. Ah yeah job hunting is the total worst! I hate being in that weird limbo, it will totally happen soon though and you're searching in the right time of year!!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is :(( Thanks hun. I can't wait to find something! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS