Thursday, 17 November 2016

Lifestyle | Postcards from London.

London, you beauty! I still pinch myself each day when I wake up and realise that I've been lucky to spend the last month or so working and living in this beautiful city (even if I am living out of a suitcase in a pokey hostel room). 

From the beautiful parks that provide a breath of fresh air away from the hustle and bustle of city life, to the extravagant buildings that line Regent's Street, to the quirky nooks, hidden crannies and the variety of people and places. It's safe to say I fall in love with London a little more each day, and for today's post I thought I'd share some of my favourite snaps, so you can fall head over heels with it too.

Pssst! You should totally follow me on Instagram for more pictures just like these...
Oxford Street | Interning at the Elle offices in Carnaby means I spend a lot of my lunch breaks wandering down Oxford Street as my stomach grumbles out for an M&S sandwich. It's the most amazing place, and I always encourage myself to look up, away from social media's grasp, to admire the gorgeous architecture and the pretty decorations. Central London may be horrendously busy, but it's such a beautiful place.
The Strand | I stumbled upon this part of the city quite unexpectedly when going for a stroll after work while I waited to meet my best friend for dinner. I was lost, I had no data to even Google Map my way outta there, but it was so beautiful that I couldn't help but wander aimlessly down the street, taking in the sights and marvelling at the beautiful buildings. It was made all the more magical by the fact that the sun had just set, so the lights from double decker buses and street lamps gave the city a pretty glow. 
Southbank and the London Eye | One of my favourite London views - a cliché, yes, but still absolutely stunning. At home I'm surrounded by water, living so close to idyllic beaches and lakes means that I find water so utterly calming, and I really miss being by the sea when I'm interning. The Thames has the same effect. It may be slightly grottier than the clean sea breeze of home, but there's just something about gazing out across the water and having Big Ben greet you at the other side. 
Camden | I've only very recently discovered this little gem of a place, but my god do I want to live there. I love the hustle and bustle of the street markets, the sound of reggae music and the smell of delicious food filling the air. And I also love how you can walk along Regent's Canal and feel completely at peace. It's so quiet and calm, and worlds away from all of London's craziness. If someone would like to buy me a house along the canal that would be very much appreciated... 
Greenwich | Another hidden jewel that takes you somewhere far away from the Big Smoke. Honestly, for those of you who are yet to visit Wales you should totally visit Greenwich because the winding streets, independent shops and beautiful parks remind me of so many of the quirky towns we have in South Wales. The fact that it can be reached by a speedy boat ride that whizzes along the Thames past all of London's landmarks is just a bonus.
Westminster | Just look at the buildings; like it's pretty sad that I'm 22 years of age and I'm getting so obsessed with buildings, but they're so darn beautiful. Especially with a sunset backdrop. It's weird because despite always living in the countryside I've always imagined myself living in a little flat, high up with a view overlooking the city. I'm just mesmerised by the buildings.

What's your favourite London spot?
Lots of love. xoxo

16 comments:

  1. I love London, Oxford Street is just my shopping capital. Covent Garden would be on my list, especially around this time of the year x
    https://wineandwhine99.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love London and I like Charing Cross, random but I just have fond memories there, thanks for sharing x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find the places you have memories are the places you love! xx

      Delete
  3. These photos are gorgeous! I've not really had the chance to visit much of London outside of Oxford Street but I'm looking forward to going soon for a proper visit and to wander around to my hearts content x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's definitely so many lovely places you could visit :) xx

      Delete
  4. Aw love all your London snaps, it is such a gorgeous city. Glad you're enjoying your time here!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely! I'm really enjoying it :) xx

      Delete
  5. Aww I love this, I totally take London for granted living here all of my life but these pics are gorgeous. It really is an amazing city!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Elle, it really is a beautiful place! xx

      Delete
  6. I love London! I really want to check out Oxford Streets christmas lights too. if you're still in london now, you should definitely take a trip to Winter Wonderland, literally my favourite place EVER to go at Christmas time, haha! I would love to live in Camden too but omg, so pricey :(

    Hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty! I am hoping to head to Winter Wonderland tomorrow :) Omg I know it's soooo expensive! xx

      Delete
  7. I love these photographs Jessie!
    I'm so glad it's going well for you; every time I see a photo from you in London it makes me wish I was seeing those sites with you! I'm also really happy your enjoying your time there and interning is going well :)

    Sarah xo
    seethestars.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much lovely, and thanks for all of your support these past few weeks! xx

      Delete
  8. Aw you've made me miss London so much I really want to go back and visit now it's been too long


    Mel ★ http://www.meleaglestone.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS